Vemsie

Valiant Hearts and other UbiART Framework games

73 posts in this topic

I really want to get my hands on their framework. It looks so incredibly intuitive and fun to work with

Incase anyone hasn't seen it

Me too both look superb and seeing what else Ubiart can achieve beyond the wonderful Rayman games is a sight to behold. Can't believe only 5 replies. For shame Rllmuk.

These both look beautiful. Love the fact a big studio like Ubisoft are making games like this. Just hope the gameplay matches the visuals.

Valiant Hearts pics:

VH_SC_1_Emile_Neuve_Chapelle.jpg

VH_SC_3_Emile_Reims.jpg

VH_SC_4_Emile_Trenches.jpg

Great to see the power of modern consoles being harnessed for stuff other than photorealism, especially coming from such a large developer.

Yeah, the diversity is nice. Although we can't really complain lately, with all those stylised indie / downloadable games that appear. The time that every game wanted to be (photo)realistic is long behind us it seems.

Child of Light looks fantastic..

CoL_Screen04.jpg

Actually from these pics, the battle system looks closer to the superb one from Grandia!! :wub:

CoL_Screen06.JPG

I love Ubisoft. Why the fook is this getting zero attention on here?

Anyway are those screen from next gen or current gen versions? I'd like to see some beautiful whimsical 2D art pumped out on the next gen

I love Ubisoft. Why the fook is this getting zero attention on here?

Anyway are those screen from next gen or current gen versions? I'd like to see some beautiful whimsical 2D art pumped out on the next gen

Should look pretty much the same on any of it's targeted formats.. much like Rayman Legends which is 1080p/60fps on current gen..

I was at the Ubisoft event yesterday and was blown away by Child of Light. They had it running on PS4 though I see no reason why it couldn't look as beautiful on current gen systems. It plays really nicely, a kind of dreamlike platformer (in that it's slow and considered) that then flips to a turn-based Action RPG when fighting. It won't appeal to everyone, but I reckon it has everything required to become a classic. Who doesn't love a dark story tale told entirely in rhyming couplets?

Who doesn't love a dark story tale told entirely in rhyming couplets?

SOLD!

I'm always really impressed with Ubisoft and how they are almost the model publisher - willing to take risks and having such a range of titles. Ancels UbiArt engine was always going to get used in some other ways.

As I've said in other places, it's such a strong 2D engine that I would dearly like Ubisoft to consider licensing it and letting independent teams try it out.

They've also named Grandia 2 as an influence. One of, if not my favourite JRPG. wonderful news. Day 1 for me.

I've only looked at the stills for these two, as I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but just the stills look extremely intriguing. Here's hoping a Vita version of both is forthcoming.

Putting jrpg mechanics in that game is just such a shame.

Child of Light is getting a physical-not-physical release!

jbquksTrUfDjpo.jpg

I would love a disc release, but this isn't a bad compromise. I hope more digital stuff follows this route. Oh and it's cross-buy on Sony platforms :)

A new 2D Prince of Persia is in development using Rayman Legends' UbiArt Framework engine, according to a report posted by French website Le Portail du Jeu Video.

The site claims to have been told that the game will use "the same techniques of animation [as used] in the last Rayman" and see the Prince's body "divided into several parts (torso, pelvis, leg, shin, foot, forearm, hands, etc..) that can be animated independently of each other.

"This provides a real diversity / credibility in the postures and movements of the hero...," the site says. "The quality of the work is to believe [it is] 3D modelling [with] transitions [that are] are fluid and feel well made."

Ubisoft has yet to announce a new title in the Prince of Persia series, but it has begun using its UbiArt engine for projects besides Rayman. This month's platform-RPG Child of Light also uses UbiArt Framework, for example.

Ubisoft told VideoGamer.com that it "does not comment on rumours or speculation" when contacted about the report earlier today.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/prince_of_persia/news/new_prince_of_persia_in_development_using_rayman_legends_engine_report.html

Could be cool if true.

Really want a new prince of persia as it's one of my fave series but I never really enjoyed the 2d versions.

I'm sure it would be ok but I'd prefer a 3d one still..

Valiant Hearts is now available (Steam and PS4, that I checked) for £11.99. I'm going in -_-