Xbone Kinect XBLA

• Please log in to reply
27789 replies to this topic

#24241 Jon

Jon
  • Members
  • 11670 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

@Jon You know that's bollocks, right? How do this months Games for Gold compare to this months PS+ offerings?

It's not about comparing single, specific services of each console. That's being extremely short-sighted and missing the point somewhat.

It's that fact that both companies have created and are selling these consoles primarily to make themselves a lot of money.

#24242 Bojangle

Bojangle
  • Members
  • 11638 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I'm just amazed people use kinect at all to be honest.

What you talking about mate? Saying "Xbox on" is fucking revolutionary and worth the price of admission alone.

#24243 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106629 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

The fact they're even selling it is a bit off really as it just doesn't work as anyone who has tried to play Just Dance will attest to.

You mean Graham_s? I really should get around to spinning my copy to see how bad it is, but kinect season 2 put me off anything camera related over Xmas...

Anyway, the ps4 camera's shit, don't buy it. Outlay on console £350. What's your point?

#24244 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 2116 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Hurray, we're back to people who haven't used it being perplexed as to why people would like to use something that is pretty fucking great and putting them down for using it.

You mean Graham_s? I really should get around to spinning my copy to see how bad it is, but kinect season 2 put me off anything camera related over Xmas...

Anyway, the ps4 camera's shit, don't buy it. Outlay on console £350. What's your point?

Gotta be honest, I can see why Boozy has just resorting to telling you people to fuck off. I used to think he was being a bit harsh but now I've seen you spit the same tripe out again and again...

fuck off.

#24245 Bojangle

Bojangle
  • Members
  • 11638 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

It's not about comparing single, specific services of each console. That's being extremely short-sighted and missing the point somewhat.

It's that fact that both companies have created and are selling these consoles primarily to make themselves a lot of money.

Yes, they both want to make money, like every business ever. The difference is, one of them actively wants to fuck the consumer over (and if you think Microsoft's DRM vision has simply vanished and changed completely, then you deserve all you get) and the other treats their customers with at least a modicum of respect and not like they should be fucking grateful they let you use the hardware/software you purchased.

I love how not liking Kinect == not having used it.

#24246 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28530 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

What you talking about mate? Saying "Xbox on" is fucking revolutionary and worth the price of admission alone.

I bet it's a lot easier using the GPS in Need for Speed than using the dpad on the PS4 though.

#24247 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 65584 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Likewise, if you're stupid enough to believe that Sony are actually any different towards their customers than MS, then you're certainly not in the adult domain either.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel here.

#24248 Loki

Loki
  • Members
  • 3010 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Fucking hell.  This thread is pretty bad for having the ps4 owners in hanging around, eagerly awaiting their next opportunity to make a frame rate related joke, but this is just sad, especially given the time stamps.  It's like you were literally just hanging around the thread till Wahwah spooked you, as if you were 2 schoolchildren hiding in some bushes waiting to egg the car of the teacher you didnt like, only for the teacher to pop out and shout "those fucking egg chuckers best not be hiding out there tonight!", and spooked you let it, while the runty one shouts "I hadnt done it for ages, honest!  And teachers a cunt anyway!", while the bigger one who wants to look tough mutters something about not giving a shit if he gets caught.  Honestly though, what's wrong with you people?  Are you that insecure that you have to resort to stalking the thread of the console you dont like?  Not just Loki/Trigg either, in the "what are you doing now thread" not long ago, Seanr decided that he needed to tell his about how he had a bizarre compulsion to come in the thread to see how it was doing, and them came up with this gem;

Shit like this is fucking pathetic, and as much as people think Boozy is a mentalist (sorry Boozy) there are some people on here who are way, way worse.

If you really feel the need to go into a thread about a console you obviously dont like to make petty digs or insult the people who do, you're a dick and have issues.  Simple as.

Haha great.

I'd just finished playing BF4 and gave Jon a neg when Wahwah commented possibly 5 minutes later. I happened to still be catching up on the forum before going to bed so commented.

Seems like you may be reading things wrong Columbo.

Don't let that get in the way of you thinking you're dropping some truth bombs though mate.

#24249 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106629 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hurray, we're back to people who haven't used it being perplexed as to why people would like to use something that is pretty fucking great and putting them down for using it.Gotta be honest, I can see why Boozy has just resorting to telling you people to fuck off. I used to think he was being a bit harsh but now I've seen you spit the same tripe out again and again...fuck off.

This is what £80 of butt-hurt looks like.

#24250 Jon

Jon
  • Members
  • 11670 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Yes, they both want to make money, like every business ever. The difference is, one of them actively wants to fuck the consumer over (and if you think Microsoft's DRM vision has simply vanished and changed completely, then you deserve all you get) and the other treats their customers with at least a modicum of respect and not like they should be fucking grateful they let you use the hardware/software you purchased.

I love how not liking Kinect == not having used it.

'Deserve all I get' for not only not really giving a shit about their DRM policies, but not even owning the console where those DRM policies aren't in place. Really?

And do you honestly think that Sony hadn't thought about similar policies? Come on man.

#24251 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28530 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Gotta be honest, I can see why Boozy has just resorting to telling you people to fuck off. I used to think he was being a bit harsh but now I've seen you spit the same tripe out again and again...

fuck off.

This seems like a massively inappropriate reply to what Sean posted. He has just dance but hasn't tried it yet. The PS4 is cheaper as the camera is optional. Hardly warrants a 'same tripe' comment and a 'fuck off'

And what did you mean by 'you people'? ;)

#24252 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 2116 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Butt-hurt? Here's a video I took after we asked this guy on playroom to sing a song because it's great being able to play everything on the market and not have to resort to utter fucking childishness on an internet forum to justify my purchase like you Sean.

Also goodbye Sean.

#24253 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 51263 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

And do you honestly think that Sony hadn't thought about similar policies? Come on man.

We can all agree that MS didn't put any thought into its own policies at all.

#24254 U-1

U-1
  • Members
  • 9058 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Likewise, if you're stupid enough to believe that Sony are actually any different towards their customers than MS, then you're certainly not in the adult domain either.

Seriously? :unsure:

Yes they are obviously both in it to make as much money as possible, but their approach on how to achieve this are simply lightyears apart.

#24255 Simmy

Simmy
  • Supporters
  • 16029 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

I've said all along, the extra 8-10% power that Microsoft has promised plus the cloud will turn the tables in this console war.

#24256 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 2116 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

This seems like a massively inappropriate reply to what Sean posted. He has just dance but hasn't tried it yet. The PS4 is cheaper as the camera is optional. Hardly warrants a 'same tripe' comment and a 'fuck off'

And what did you mean by 'you people'? ;)

Yet again like the last time I tried to discuss with the man, he's taking the words out of context, picking and choosing what he wants to make his point. It's like talking to a child when they're playing up. I've never put anyone on ignore before and I can't even find out how to do it.

You want to see how childish Sean is? Take a look in the PS4 thread where we're discussing Killzone and look what he posted, utterly twisting my words making out like I think the PS4 is inferior yet again. Just like he did when he said that I thought the PS4 was shit because it has Knack.

He's an utter cunt and I can't be bothered with him.

#24257 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106629 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Also goodbye Sean.

You leaving?

Can I have your stuff?

#24258 Jg15

Jg15
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

This thread is finally imploding. Good riddance I say!

#24259 Simmy

Simmy
  • Supporters
  • 16029 posts

All hail the One!

#24260 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15635 posts

This is something like the third time SweatyTravolta has threatened to quit the forum because people are making fun of a games console. Seriously chill out fella, it's a box of electronics for playing games, not something important enough to become a subject for the rllmuk huffs thread in Off Topic.

#24261 Shimmyhill

Shimmyhill
  • Supporters
  • 23037 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Yes, why wouldn't it? The game also auto-records a clip when you level up showcasing you ranking up by excitedly placing some ammo on the floor.

It doesnt work on the PS4, mostly records a random 15 mins hours before the one you want it to record - i have read its a Sony issue and not a BF4 issue but just wanted to check it wasnt a combo of Sony shite and more BF4 shite!

#24262 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28530 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

I've said all along, the extra 8-10% power that Microsoft has promised plus the cloud will turn the tables in this console war.

You're the worst troll.

#24263 simms

simms
  • Members
  • 4777 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

What's the release schedule looking like this year?

#24264 Simmy

Simmy
  • Supporters
  • 16029 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

You're the worst troll.

Thanks!

#24265 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 2116 posts

I'm not quitting, I'm trying to block SeanR so I don't feel the need to reply to his idiocy.

I was going to quit before because of the whole Forza bullshit which was fucking infuriating to read as someone who had actually played the game. Yet again like everything to do with the Xbox One and rllmuk at that time it was the worst. People playing the game saying it was fine didn't really have a problem, everyone who hadn't played the game saying how it was an attempt to bring Vigo the Carpathian back.

Thankfully that kind of stupidity has faded out now no one cares anymore and I can just place SeanR on ignore. If only someone would tell me how.

#24266 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28530 posts

It doesnt work on the PS4, mostly records a random 15 mins hours before the one you want it to record - i have read its a Sony issue and not a BF4 issue but just wanted to check it wasnt a combo of Sony shite and more BF4 shite!

I think it's a BF4 / EA issue as it works with other stuff. It's really fucking annoying though.

#24267 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106629 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yet again like the last time I tried to discuss with the man, he's taking the words out of context, picking and choosing what he wants to make his point. It's like talking to a child when they're playing up. I've never put anyone on ignore before and I can't even find out how to do it.You want to see how childish Sean is? Take a look in the PS4 thread where we're discussing Killzone and look what he posted, utterly twisting my words making out like I think the PS4 is inferior yet again. Just like he did when he said that I thought the PS4 was shit because it has Knack.He's an utter cunt and I can't be bothered with him.

I just saw this.

I tell people not to waste money on the ps4 camera, in the ps4 thread, because it's not as good as the kinect 2.0, which is something I just learned in this very thread, and not had a chance to confirm for myself, and I'm a monster?

Fucking hell.

Fucking hell...

Someone call this guy a waambulance.

#24268 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28530 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

You're a waambulance.

#24269 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15635 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

What's the release schedule looking like this year?

http://uk.ign.com/ga...coming/xbox-one

Here, something for Xbone and PS4 owners to come together as friends for in the name of lols - the WiiU release schedule.

HFxRIae.png

I'm basically the games forum version of Henry Kissinger.

#24270 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106629 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm not quitting, I'm trying to block SeanR so I don't feel the need to reply to his idiocy.I was going to quit before because of the whole Forza bullshit which was fucking infuriating to read as someone who had actually played the game. Yet again like everything to do with the Xbox One and rllmuk at that time it was the worst. People playing the game saying it was fine didn't really have a problem, everyone who hadn't played the game saying how it was an attempt to bring Vigo the Carpathian back.Thankfully that kind of stupidity has faded out now no one cares anymore and I can just place SeanR on ignore. If only someone would tell me how.

Click on YOUR name
Then [edit my profile]
Now click on [Ignore preferences]
[Add user]
Type "SeanR"
Click the three check boxes
Click on [save changes]

HTH!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbone, Kinect, XBLA

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2), Camel, Yahoo (1), Bing (1), peve