Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goose

U.S Box Office Report - 22nd - 24th June 2012 - Brave Wins Weekend, Lincoln Falters..

8 posts in this topic

Excellent work as always, Goose.

I really expected Snow White and the Huntsman to be doing better business than this. Between its poor showing and Madagascar 3's strong numbers(who is still interested in these films?)I think my chance of back-to-back sweepstake victories is looking unlikely.

Er, I think Madagascar 3 looks ok. Now, Ice Age on the other hand.......

Fantastic write up as always. Seems that Abraham Lincoln is a pile of old tosh then, personally I couldnt stand Wanted anyway (read the graphic novel its about a million times better) although I always struggle with anything with Jolie in it.

Would not be surprised if Brave tops the chart next week again to be honest. Looking at what's ahead there isn't anything besides Madagascar that could pose a big problem for the pic.

17 August, but apparently 3 August in Scotland. I'm not sure if the Scottish date is a general release or just some kind of premier.

[quote name='HarMGM' timestamp='1340563645' post='8683957']
Would not be surprised if Brave tops the chart next week again to be honest. Looking at what's ahead there isn't anything besides Madagascar that could pose a big problem for the pic.[/quote]

I think you're right, even a 50% drop on this weekend would give it $33M, which I can't see any of those new films topping. Saying that, you can never quite tell with a Tyler Perry movie, especially one that features Madea. The last Madea film opened to $25M but the one before that opened to $41M. But ultimately, it should be a comfortably win for Brave, be interesting to see what ends up in second and third. Not sure how Ted will play.

Seems I was completely wrong. Both Ted and Magic Mike have broken out and will take something like $50M and $38M respectively, possibly more. Brave might end up third.