PS3 Move

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#31 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Okami was a little bit too long, clocking in at 40-50 hours for me (46? I can't remember) but it really was wonderful.

That was my biggest problem with it. It was a wonderful game but honestly the thoughts of having to fight Orochi another ten times means i probably wont be buying this again.

#32 jonnatar

jonnatar
  • Members
  • 1250 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

OP updated. Magnificent Version is a way better title.

#33 ryodi

ryodi
  • Members
  • 8123 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

That article says it has Move support so I assume it will be a Wii port with the changed end credits

#34 Cosmic Squirrel

Cosmic Squirrel
  • Members
  • 26236 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Hmm, thanks, but since I became a game developer myself, I've been trying to stick with getting my games legitimately (would feel like a hypocrite otherwise). Still, if I ever go back home and fire up my old PS2, would be an interesting try. Almost regret getting Samurai Warriors 2 instead of Okami back when I had the chance :/

Surely if you had the original game that's " legit " .

Anyway , add me to to the ones wanting a Pc version .

Mind , I still probably wouldn't play it - I had the ps2 and wii ones and never played much of either ! ( seemed decent enough though )

#35 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31364 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I will not play this unless they introduce a way to skip through text quickly...

#36 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41537 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

That article says it has Move support so I assume it will be a Wii port with the changed end credits

I don't think so, the 'rice paper' filter seems to be intact, which it wasn't in the Wii and it has pad controls, so either a bit of column A and a bit of column B or they've started from scratch with the PS2 code.

#37 Jarik

Jarik
  • Members
  • 4583 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

And the list of PS2 games that are crying out for the PS3 HD Classics treatment adds a very big & important member. Not many left on that list now surely?

The only thing that could have made this better was if it was a "Clover Collection" & had Viewtiful Joe & Godhand too. Oh well.

#38 tnman

tnman
  • Members
  • 2099 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hurray! This is awesome news! Shame there's no boxed edition, though. Hopefully there'll be a Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty style situation and Europe will get boxed copies ripe for importing.

#39 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17793 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hmm, that's an idea... but now, would a PS2 disk work on my Chinese laptop, I wonder....?

A disc is a disc, it would work with PCSX2 on your laptop if your laptop can read discs, but surely you can rip that disc and play it from your HDD instead because then it performs about a million times better in PCSX2? The basic idea is (and I do wonder why I have to spell it out to a developer :lol: ) that you bought and paid for that game, that you choose to play it on PCSX2 in glorious HD with all kinds of fancy AA instead of on your PS2 in low-res doesn't matter...

#40 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24809 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

That was my biggest problem with it. It was a wonderful game but honestly the thoughts of having to fight Orochi another ten times means i probably wont be buying this again.

It's basically three-games-in-one. You could just play a third of it and get your money's worth.

#41 Meh

Meh
  • Members
  • 30908 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Oh my gawwwwwdddddd I can't stop wanting this. It's kind of depressing that I'm more excited about this than any new game coming out - but then Okami is a special case.

And no, I don't think my PC would cope with emulating the PS2 version.

Single-core 4 lyfe, yo!

#42 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 64917 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

I bought the Wii version after all the hype but it was unbelievably tedious. Didn't get beyond a couple of hours (mainly endless conversations from what I remember). I suppose it got good just after that point.

I played it on the PS2 at the time and couldn't understand why people were going crazy about it either. It bored me to tears.

#43 Nate Dogg III

Nate Dogg III
  • Members
  • 9795 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Excellent news.

Now, Viewtiful Joe HD Collection for Vita, please.

#44 Meh

Meh
  • Members
  • 30908 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

But the Vita doesn't do HD, ho ho.

#45 Camel

Camel
  • Members
  • 10602 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Excellent. I can now buy it for a third time and not play it. Shame there's no 360 version.

What's wrong with the Wii end credits?

#46 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 5004 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Yeah, if this was given a Vita release, I'd be all over it. As it stands, I struggle to find time to play 10 hour games on the TV nowadays, so a 50 hour epic is out of the question.

#47 Fenton

Fenton
  • Members
  • 6104 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Oh my. I'm going to buy the shit of this.

Amazing news, been hoping for this along time.

I'm going to wear an Okami t-shirt today to celebrate.

#48 Meh

Meh
  • Members
  • 30908 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Excellent. I can now buy it for a third time and not play it. Shame there's no 360 version.

What's wrong with the Wii end credits?

Clover weren't involved with the Wii version, and so their glorious ending credits FMV was removed, or something.

#49 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17793 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Single-core 4 lyfe, yo!

No Alan Wake for you, tramp gamer!

#50 Kevvy Metal

Kevvy Metal
  • Members
  • 4791 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I will not play this unless they introduce a way to skip through text quickly...

Good, you don't deserve to play through it.

#51 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 8993 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Good, you don't deserve to play through it.

It's a valid complaint, the text is so slow to display it's fucking painful to read unless you don't read good. I don't want to skip it, I want to be able to read it faster.

#52 Pixelbark

Pixelbark
  • Members
  • 3861 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

The issue I had with the Wii version, wasn't the removal of Clover in the credits (while disprespectful, it didn't hamper my enjoyment of the game). It was the PSO-esque rhythm based attacking system they introduced.

My other half couldn't really get into the timing, even though she was looking forward to playing it again after 100% the first game. Her opinion was that it hampered the game for no good reason, and I'd back her up on that.

#53 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20365 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I sort of wish this was a boxed release, it's lovely to have on the shelf - even if I already have it on the PS2 and Wii, this is still getting bought.

#54 Kevvy Metal

Kevvy Metal
  • Members
  • 4791 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

The PS2 version is far superior to the Wii one. Every new feature they introduced was hacked in and it didn't look nearly as nice as the original version.
The overly accurate motion controls artificially made dealing with the "stone slab guards" an absolute nightmare. Totally horrible to play, that bit.

#55 imp

imp
  • Members
  • 9936 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

You mean like Zelda does?

I CANNOT WAIT!

#56 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 64917 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I often wonder when developers don't want to bother with well written dialogue let alone spoken dialogue why they even bother putting it in in the first place.

#57 mushashi

mushashi
  • Members
  • 9042 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

I sort of wish this was a boxed release, it's lovely to have on the shelf - even if I already have it on the PS2 and Wii, this is still getting bought.

Import the JPN version, problem solved, though I doubt that will be multi-language.

I've never played this, the constant comparisons to 3D Zelda put me off, it remains the only one of Kamiya's works I've never played. The runtime is also fairly offputting, that is quite a time investment for a non-portable game.

Some screenshots, they seem to have the filter effect missing from the Wii/emulated versions:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 11521 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Issun :wub:

#59 Liamness

Liamness
  • Supporters
  • 11539 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I don't think so, the 'rice paper' filter seems to be intact, which it wasn't in the Wii and it has pad controls, so either a bit of column A and a bit of column B or they've started from scratch with the PS2 code.

I disagree, visually it looks quite similar to the Wii port, it doesn't have that washed-out look of the PS2 version.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks more like the second shot than the first, no? Suppose you can pretty much get around that by turning down the contrast on your tv though.

#60 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic
  • Members
  • 8272 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

Okami is one of my favourite games every. I know the dungeons were a bit light on gameplay but I just loved the characters, the story, the music and the combat. I still listen to the OST a lot. Shinshi Plains music is the bestest.

I hope the original credits are in there. So good...

Cross Play support for this would be most welcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS3, Move

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users