25 replies to this topic

#1 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Attached File  Tiny-Tower.jpg   78.99KB   2 downloads

http://itunes.apple....d422667065?mt=8

Back in July last year I gave this game a lot of stick & a friend who is still playing the game suggested I go back to it & try again.
So what's changed since July last year.

You can now

customise your floor names
missions to complete to gain extra bux's
share your tower on the internet (http://towers.nimblebit.com/) - currently unavailable
stars next to floors show you if you have any bitizens in their dream job.
upgrade floors - you can upgrade a floor to increase the amount of stock held but this cost bux's

What is surprising when I reinstalled the game was that it had my old save file from last July so I carried on building from floor 35.
Currently on floor 39 - will show my tower when the sharetower feature is back on.

So who else is still playing this?

EDIT 18/06 - Tower Sharing is now back online
http://towers.nimblebit.com/1009414887

#2 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20383 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

I was up until two days ago when Pocket Planes took over my life.

#3 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Pocket Planes?
..search on google, the new digital crack from Nimblebit.

I'll stick with Tiny Tower for now.

#4 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20383 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

:D it's probably for the best

#5 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'd say it isn't. Tiny Tower is addictive but becomes highly repetitive, there really isn't much game there even with all the extra missions (I know, I've finished everything :( ). Pocket Planes is so much better, there's actually a globe to build and explore with airports and it has actual gameplay this time. Tiny Tower will keep you going for about 6 months if you attempt to do it all but it becomes pretty bland and boring, Pocket Planes has so much more going for it. Best thing to do is just download them both, run them side by side for a few days and see how you feel. Can always go back to the other.

#6 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20383 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

I meant in terms of not taking over his life.

#7 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

The moment he downloaded one he pretty much guaranteed his life was on hold for the next 6 months :lol:

#8 BlinkyBear

BlinkyBear
  • Members
  • 9056 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

I got to Floor 120 or so before having to delete it. Didn't spend one single penny on the in-App currency and did it all by myself but at the cost of many, many days I imagine. It's genuinely not a good 'game' but my God it's digital crack.

Never, ever, EVER install it.

#9 Retroid

Retroid

Password loser

• Members
  • 7444 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Tempted by the pixel art but I think Mafia Wars finished my spree of crap free games. I was playing it all the time but than I realised that no-matter what you do it pretty much always equals out - they were doing shitty little things like if I bought a load of really decent guns I noticed that they lowered the stats the more I had, it was passed as a "bug" on the forums but that was a load of bollocks. There are better games out there people.

#10 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Its not crap in the slightest. You don't have to buy anything either as there's plenty of opportunity to get the bux (which you can buy) for free.

#11 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Tempted by the pixel art but I think Mafia Wars finished my spree of crap free games. I was playing it all the time but than I realised that no-matter what you do it pretty much always equals out - they were doing shitty little things like if I bought a load of really decent guns I noticed that they lowered the stats the more I had, it was passed as a "bug" on the forums but that was a load of bollocks. There are better games out there people.

They are all time sinks but then so are all games. 10 to 15 mins a day is all I spend on Tiny Tower.
The pixel art style is lovely & you should try it. You don't need to spend any money to enjoy the game.

#12 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 16091 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

In the Pocket Planes thread I posted art for a cancelled trains game by then (and they'd done a lot of British Rail stock). Their art is always beautiful.

#13 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Any idea why they cancelled the trains game?

#14 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15388 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

They said that having to stick to tracks was too limiting.

#15 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Not sure why. You could easily buy train stations the world over, things like Europe could be linked with the channel tunnel.

#16 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 16091 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Any idea why they cancelled the trains game?

That game became Pocket Planes. Basically Harsin is right but it did make for an amusing 3 pages on the SA version of this thread as their PP launch was utterly ruined by everyone having a go at them for not doing the train one :)

#17 tnman

tnman
  • Members
  • 2100 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I love Tiny Tower. :wub:

#18 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'm saving up for the Infinti-Lift & done a quick guide on making bux

wish you could rename the bitizens

#19 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11138 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm saving up for the Infinti-Lift & done a quick guide on making bux

Is it 2011? Have I gone back in time? Is that what's happened here?

#20 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

You've eaten, digested & spat back out Tiny Tower TTK, I hated the game when I first played it but have gotten the bug this time round. Should be finished in a few weeks & then I'll come and join you on Pocket Planes :)

#21 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11138 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Nah, I gave up on Pocket Planes already, there's just nothing to keep you playing.

Just seems silly to write a "guide" on earning Bux when you're the last person who's actually playing it :P

#22 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nah, I gave up on Pocket Planes already, there's just nothing to keep you playing.

Just seems silly to write a "guide" on earning Bux when you're the last person who's actually playing it :P

Last from RLLMUK I'm sure the hundreds of the other iOS people who have not played it may find it useful.

#23 tnman

tnman
  • Members
  • 2100 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Nonsense.

Think of all the people on GameFAQs who write games for all sorts of guides that many may consider past their prime, but many more will still want help with.

#24 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

IMG_0604.jpg

New update gives us new floors & costumes whilst also giving the ability to choose which floor you want to build (This is a silly option because the amount of bux's you need is stupidly high).

The most useful feature of this update is the ability to save your VIPs in the Lobby. You can save up to 5 VIPs for use at a later time.

#25 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11138 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

You have to pay to select a floor?

I'd say it's a silly option more because not knowing what floor you're getting next is half the fun

#26 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 5356 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

You have to pay to select a floor?
I'd say it's a silly option more because not knowing what floor you're getting next is half the fun

You have to buy in bux's so if you have enough & want a particular floor then I can see it gives you the option. Personally like you I go for the random option.

I'm still playing this and have about 110 floors or so. I don't really know why I play it.

I'm on around 94 floors, if you are not enjoying it then yes I agree why play it?
at the moment I have fired everyone from my tower who is not in a dream job & waiting for new bitizens to arrive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users