• Announcements

• King A

Moderators Required   23/08/16

Rllmuk is in need of some more volunteer moderators. Please see the thread in A&F for information.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robo_1

E3 - Microsoft Conference Thread (June 4th)

1,226 posts in this topic

I'd better get on and download that app soon, in case the live servers melt down. Is it easy to find when I turn the machine on?

Yes - on main carousel or under video apps.

I shyall be watching this just for the potential comedy value. MS conferences always have some bit in them. Just give us some kids and kinect and it'll be gif material.

I like conferences that tell you a demo or something is on the marketplace RIGHT NOW. I hope they do that.

I'm going to be honest, I'm going to be looking for the positives in this. Not like Scottcr would if it was Nintendo or anything, but I'm generally a little bit excited that I'm going to be free to watch this this afternoon.

I have no doubt that the dashboard stream will go tits up, so I'll be doing the usual of watching on my desktop then frantically switching between streams as one goes wonky and one starts working again.

Shit. I've downloaded lots of stuff this morning. I hope Virgin don't throttle my connection this afternoon. :(

Can we put a full replay of the conference in the first post please?

So people can see it all when they get home?

The only thing they could announce to excite me is Muscle March Kinect.

Imagine if it could detect what you were wearing and only let you play if you take your shirt and trousers off.

Maybe on Kinect 2.

I have it on good authority that the next Gears Of War will be subtitled "By The Reavers Of Babylon".

If that's not happening, it should be.

If Microsoft have any sense, they'll have that as an Xbox 3 launch title.

I have it on good authority that the next Gears Of War will be subtitled "By The Reavers Of Babylon".

If that's not happening, it should be.

Or "Gears of Warsi", where the object is to embezzle as much taxpayer money as possible before you're rumbled.

this would be the best thing

You can ask for Muscle March 720° Poodlerush, but what you'll get is Hole In The Wall 2 - Now With Bears.

Is the conference up to download afterwards usually? And if so where from?

It's bound to be available from a number of the larger game sites relatively quickly. Perhaps a bit more slowly on the dash too this time?

I would guess, purely from how front-and-centre Microsoft are putting the stream in the dash, that their main announcements are going to be very slick and, most importantly, very mainstream - otherwise they wouldn't risk asking everyone who turns on their Xbox to watch it.

I'm guessing the big surprise will be "Xbox Smart Glass - AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!!"

I hope the quality of the live show matches up with the surprisingly good quality on the preview/2011 show going on right now.

A real game from Rare.

Yeah I haven't got high hopes either....

Dead or Alive Beach Vollyball Kinect

I would guess, purely from how front-and-centre Microsoft are putting the stream in the dash, that their main announcements are going to be very slick and, most importantly, very mainstream - otherwise they wouldn't risk asking everyone who turns on their Xbox to watch it.

I'm guessing the big surprise will be "Xbox Smart Glass - AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!!"

You need a Gold sub to watch it, so they're locking a fair few folk out already.

Dragged the spare monitor down from the loft for E3. Forum in one window, stream in another.

MY DESKTOP IS READY

It is now, only an hour or so to go, that I realised I no longer own a 360 :facepalm:

Still, worth a watch just for the forum reaction!

I am in work. :( Spare a thought for those of us NOT on the long weekend. I would appreciate if the OP was updated with a replay of the conference at the earliest convenience! :)

You're not going to miss much. Halo 4, Gears, Forza, Fable, probably a new CoD run-through, a few multiplatform trailers, half an hour of kinect, half an hour of apps and services.

is there anything GTA lined up? i heard they wont have a booth but maybe a trailer, and release date? or will rockstar just leave it as it's not really necessary for them to promote GTA?