Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robo_1

E3 - Microsoft Conference Thread (June 4th)

1,226 posts in this topic

Microsoft's E3 conferences have reached the point where it's unlikely that I need to watch to be able to comment in the thread. Ooh, the new COD to start things off. Ooh, some more multiformat games. All looking very lovely. Here come new Halo, Gear of War and Forza. And... aw, time for Kinect.

How great is it that E3 has fallen on our extended bank holiday, though?

Halo presentation apparently opens the conference, so as it might be the best thing about it, be sure to be on time. Around 10 minutes long or so.

How great is it that E3 has fallen on our extended bank holiday, though?

Yep, the perfect geek Christmas.

Worth mentioning that gold members can watch the stream live directly on the xbox dashboard.

Cheers, added. If anyone has any information which they think would do well in the OP, then do let me know.

Just tried your YouTube link and it's pointing to G4...

Whilst possibly not an E3 thing, Sam Lake Tweeted a link to this blog which is very obviously linked to Alan Wake if you're familiar with the game. Perhaps a Kinect-based downloadable title will be announced? (Hopefully not.)

Just tried your YouTube link and it's pointing to G4...

Cheers, fixed. :)

It's weird going from a few years ago, when Microsoft's conference would be the one I was most excited about. But they just seem to have gone in a direction that's less and less interesting to me. It's now fewer games, more services.

The 360 is still my favourite console, but software-wise I think Microsoft as a publisher has taken quite a nosedive. If it's just another Gears, Halo and Forza they'll be showing this year combined with more Kinect tat I'll be quite disappointed.

The 360 is still my favourite console, but software-wise I think Microsoft as a publisher has taken quite a nosedive. If it's just another Gears, Halo and Forza they'll be showing this year combined with more Kinect tat I'll be quite disappointed.

Certainly, they're playing it very safe. In of itself it's not a bad selection of games, but I admit to being fatigued by their selection.

Yeah, likely to be wall to wall Guns and Kinect plus obscure American entertainment channels thrown in. When was the last exciting E3 announcement - Final Fantasy? GTA?

At least it's on at a civilised time and can be watched via the box itself.

We need to setup some kind of live chat for these. We did one for the video game awards via Steam and it was pure amaze (far better than the award ceremony anyway).

360 is still the hardcore fav and there are more games than I would be able to play yet to be released. The ms conference would be much more exciting if they were doing a proper unveil of their next gen hardware as it is we may get a sneak peek.

Interesting comments about stagnation, is anyone innovating right now? I'm a bit out of touch with what's on its way to any platform.

We need to setup some kind of live chat for these. We did one for the video game awards via Steam and it was pure amaze (far better than the award ceremony anyway).

twittor

Forza Horizon is going to be amazing.

edit : some pics have "leaked" before tomorrow's reveal.

forza-horizon-9-1.jpg

I've put the rest in the Forza Horizon thread.

Forza Horizon is going to be amazing.

Yeah, that's my pick for surprise goodie of the conference. It looks like a mixture of Test Drive Unlimited and Smugglers' Run with a AAA budget.

To be fair, this isn't "Just another Forza" but I agree, they've never been the best for first party/second party games but the days when you could at least get an Oddworld or Mass Effect out of them seem gone.

I'm looking forward to seeing Halo 4. The last one I played was Halo 3.

I think Microsoft will mention new hardware, even if only an indirect hint.

Are you sure it's 5.30 here? We're only 5 hours ahead of the US

I think Microsoft will mention new hardware, even if only an indirect hint.

I could see them talking about Windows 8 connecting with "current and future Xbox platforms" or the like, but nothing more explicit.

Thinking about it, Microsoft will probably be the ones to show off Splinter Cell 5. Tomb Raider and RE6 are fairly safe bets on the third-party front, too.

There seems to be a 30 min discrepancy between reported start times on different sites, which I'm guessing just means some sites will begin 30 mins early, and preface their streams with their own musings. I've run the local start time through the world clock, and it says 5:30 is correct BST.

We're 8 hours ahead of where E3 is.

I will be here at 4pm tomorrow, anxiously pressing F5 every few seconds, just in case.

I'd better get on and download that app soon, in case the live servers melt down. Is it easy to find when I turn the machine on?