Vita

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6074 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

We've known an AC game was headed to Vita since last E3, but thanks to Game Informer we now have a few details:
  • Liberation is set in New Orleans between 1765-1780, although it will also take a trip to Mexico.
  • You play as Aveline, pictured below; she isn't one of Desmond's ancestors.
  • Multiplayer will be included, albeit "specifically tailored to the Vita experience"; perhaps something asynchronous?
  • It's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, a bit of unknown.
  • The game comes out the same day as the regular ACIII.
Below are some crappy photos of the magazine, as apparently people don't have scanners these days:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I was expecting a watered-down port of the console release, so it's nice to see something unique. Whether it'll be any good is another question entirely, but I'm looking forward to seeing the game in action come Sony's E3 press conference.

#2 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

Isabela from Dragon Age!

#3 BrokenThumbs

BrokenThumbs
  • Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hype!

#4 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28919 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

That shot is beautiful!

Other info:
- the game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo,who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a templar"
- Aveline's mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators "wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters"
- Liberation will also take players across the Gulf into Mexico"
- Game will take place in "Large gameplay areas,you can run,climb,fight,and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area
- Seems Aveline and Connor will meet in Liberation
- Use front and rear touch controls to pick pocket
- Someone else is using the Animus
- New weapons include a sugarcane machete, pistols, muskets, grenades

#5 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6074 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

That shot is beautiful!

And in no way representative of the game, no doubt. This is Ubisoft.

#6 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28919 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, it looks too good. Still, I'll keep an eye on this, though Ubisoft Sofia doesn't exactly sound A-tier.

#7 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6074 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, it looks too good. Still, I'll keep an eye on this, though Ubisoft Sofia doesn't exactly sound A-tier.

From what I can tell they haven't really done anything bar ports and support work, so perhaps this'll be a breakout title for them. It doesn't hurt to be cautious, though.

My primary hope is that it strays from the formula of the older games. Revalations was kind of one too many, so whilst the fresh character and setting should grant this some respite, I think it needs to be refreshing from a structural standpoint, too.

#8 Hean Dog

Hean Dog
  • Supporters
  • 27639 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Any idea on a release date for this?

#9 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28919 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

October I believe. A colleague of mine was at E3 this year and said this is easily the best looking Vita game yet.

#10 Gizamaluke

Gizamaluke
  • Supporters
  • 4485 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Playing the HD version of this on PC and it seems great. I'd never know it was a port of a Vita game, and Rhianna makes a great lead.

#11 Unofficial Who

Unofficial Who
  • Members
  • 15604 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Playing the HD version of this on PC and it seems great. I'd never know it was a port of a Vita game, and Rhianna makes a great lead.

Have to second this. I'm playing it on the 360 and it puts AC3 to shame. It just feels so much more solid and focused. Really enjoying this.

#12 Unofficial Who

Unofficial Who
  • Members
  • 15604 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

I've since finished this off and it's a really neat spin on the the franchise.

Ubisoft were pretty clever in working the restrictions of being a coloured woman into ther design of the game. You can step out of your mansion (you play as a noble woman) in one of three different guises, each of which have certain restrictions and advantages.

As a noble woman you can bribe your way into places and you can get away with a lot (short of murder). Later on you get a fantastic blow dart gun built into your parsol umbrella and this ended up being my favourite way to start trouble, poisoning guards (either by killing them or sending them into a frenzy.) But wearing a heavy hoop skirt it's impossible to jump and climb. You do become a target for cutpurses though who judge you as an easy mark if you wander down the wrong alley. And if you do something really outrageous you have to kill the witnesses to get your rep' back under control.

As a slave you can blend in a lot more as long as you don't do anything too unusual, but as you're just one of the crowd if you can escape it's pretty easy to bring your reputation visibilty rating down by removing posters. You do have access to more of the toys an assasin has but only the sort of improvised things you can hide on you as a slave like a blow pipe and a machete for cutting cane.

And as the lady assassin you can essentially fight without restriction. BUT (and I love this) you can never really lower your reputation, everyone notices the lady pirate wearing the sword! Which makes a lot of sense.

There's only really three open maps (with some caves and temples inbetween) but even though it's tiny compared to AC3 it's really focused. And the swamp really feels like a swamp with only some awkwardly placed semi invisible walls spoiling the illusion. The only thing I missed was navel battles. There is a simplified trading system involving moving lots of boats around on a map but that's as close as you get to the water.

I think a lot of people are probably going to skip this in preference to playing AC4 which is a bit of a pity. It's a nice little slice of AC goodness.

#13 SozzlyJoe

SozzlyJoe
  • Supporters
  • 2203 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

I enjoyed it too, though I was playing on Vita so cut it a fair bit of slack for being on a handheld.

I did like the story, and the disguises didn't bother me, but the combat never clicked. It was very glitchy too. I would recommend it to anyone looking more AC, but to be honest there is so much damn AC out there I don't know who that could be!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users