Counter Strike

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 wallzy

wallzy
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:03 PM

i brought this game 2day and my impresions are not at all good when i first put the game on it took me ages to find a game that would let me in (on live) and when i finally got onto live it took me ages to relalise what i was suposed to be doin by selecting a gun after this i thought great lets get on wiv the game i run around and start to look at the levels and realise the graphics are the worst i have seen in a long long time when u see a person on the other team there is no skill in killing a person its just fire and hope another thing that i thought was a real shit idea was u need to pick up cash during levels to buy amunittion and guns for ur nxt mision if any body is looking at buying this then plz buy it from game so that u can take full advantage of the 10 day return offer if any body has any think positive to say about this game then plz do these are my thoughts of the game

wallzy

#2 Shimmyhill

Shimmyhill
  • Supporters
  • 23662 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 12:53 PM

Nope, couldnt stand it. I have swapped it for RS 3.

Mind i was a heavy player of the pc game, it is probably unfair to compare it to that. On the pc it was probably my fave game ever, having played it for 4 years until recently i was pleased it was comming out on the xbox.

However it is nothing like the pc game, the controls are woeful compared to pc (yet i find Halo easy to control on the pad) the bullit registration is poor and seems very random. (again on pc i would play with rates to get good reg, not something you can exactly do on xbox)

In conclusion i would say dont buy it if you are a pc cs player, maybe people new to the series wll get something out of it.

#3 dizogg

dizogg
  • Members
  • 21375 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:54 PM

I quite like it. Of course if I didn't have live I wouldn't even consider it, but playing as a proper team on live is brilliant. When you get used to it the game can be lots of fun. Theres plenty of maps and more to come via live downloadable content. The weapons feel realistic and satisfying to shoot, and are quite well balanced.

The feeling of pulling of impressive team tactics and strategy is wonderful, not that I ever do that much though. But from what I've played so far, I like it.

#4 LongLeaf

LongLeaf
  • Members
  • 1746 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:25 PM

I think it appeals to people who have played Counter-Strike on the pc for a couple of years.

ofcourse.. i am one of them.

fuXXin n00b3rz. <_<

#5 Paradigm

Paradigm
  • Members
  • 29007 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:01 PM

You could have saved yourself £30 and just bought it for the PC...

#6 Rogue Soul

Rogue Soul
  • Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:31 AM

Its short, fast, furious and highly repetative.

As for an xbox live I wouldnt rank it highly - opt for either RS3 or GRIT if your more into TomClancy realism. For a fruity frag fest time... go for RTCW over UT.

Dont even look at a copy of SoF2, even if a bare nakid lady is offering it to you for free.

#7 dizogg

dizogg
  • Members
  • 21375 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 05:54 PM

It is teh sexor. That is all.

#8 LongLeaf

LongLeaf
  • Members
  • 1746 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 05:25 AM

Its short, fast, furious and highly repetative.

As for an xbox live I wouldnt rank it highly - opt for either RS3 or GRIT if your more into TomClancy realism. For a fruity frag fest time... go for RTCW over UT.

Dont even look at a copy of SoF2, even if a bare nakid lady is offering it to you for free.

I used to play SOF2, I went back to it after about a year from CS and I reaslised how shit it was.

#9 zeppy_gorrila

zeppy_gorrila
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

I played it back in the day on pc... It was revolutionary when it firrst came out; a fast paced teamwork-oriented fps that had a giant worldwide community of players.

#10 zeppy_gorrila

zeppy_gorrila
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:28 PM

counterstrike that is. On the other hand... SOF2 was a turd heap. SOF1 was actually OK though....

#11 InsideOutBoy

InsideOutBoy
  • Members
  • 1320 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:32 PM

Counter-Strike is probably my most played Xbox Live game of all time. I havenít played the game on the PC before, but even games like Rainbow Six 3 have been left gathering dust on the shelf now.

It isnít worth £40 if you donít have Xbox Live (especially with the lack of any split-screen options), but online it outclasses all others by miles.

I recommend that anyone playing the game online spend some time and overcome their initial disappointments. Yes, the graphics are dated, and the learning curve is steep, but you will learn and improve naturally.

The game does reward people who put the effort in; people who think tactically and have a cool-head under pressure. But even a complete newcomer (like me) can get lucky occasionally and score a few kills.

And after time youíll see yourself improving. Youíll go up a few places on the leader board, youíll get your best score, or (best of all) youíll single handily save the day as the last man standing. Knowing that everyone is watching you makes that so incredibly satisfying.

Itís a bit like a sport, but you are always responsible for your failings. You can always do better next time. There is always that other path, that other gun, that other tactic to try.

This alone means that I can rarely ever have less than a 1hr Counter-Strike session. Get me and a few friends at it and the evenings just fly by. :)

#12 dizogg

dizogg
  • Members
  • 21375 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:51 AM

Excellent review InsideOutBoy, I totally agree with pretty much everything you say. Well done ;)

#13 zeppy_gorrila

zeppy_gorrila
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:13 PM

Excellent review InsideOutBoy, I totally agree with pretty much everything you say.  Well done ;)

Me too <runs off to buy InsideOutBoy some rum>

#14 kerraig UK

kerraig UK
  • Members
  • 20047 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

I agree that the game is ace.

Whats your tag insideoutbody? If you're on lots you should join us.

#15 Crimson

Crimson
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:08 PM

In short your understanding of the concept of the game leave a lot to be desired.

Please never slate the buy-system for weapons, its roundbased game play, and therefore works EXCEPTIONALLY well with a money system.

No, you should not have bought it as you clearly dont qualify for any social activity online especially one as interlectually demanding as forum-reviwing.

Go back to unreal, or failing that get CS on pc where it belongs and should have always stayed.

#16 geldra

geldra
  • Members
  • 5826 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

get CS on pc where it belongs and should have always stayed.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think it works exceptionally well on Live.

#17 Kace

Kace
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:54 PM

The problem with CounterStrike is that everyone else you play against is exceptionally skilled at it, so if you want to play a proper game when you buy it, it's very hard. Even if you play lots of fps's, it still has a harsh difficulty curve when playing online against seasoned pros.

#18 donbon

donbon
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:44 PM

The problem with CounterStrike is that everyone else you play against is exceptionally skilled at it, so if you want to play a proper game when you buy it, it's very hard. Even if you play lots of fps's, it still has a harsh difficulty curve when playing online against seasoned pros.

I used to be quite good at it.
Stopped playing it for a year and when got back to it. I got fragged every single round :(

#19 MrPogo

MrPogo
  • Supporters
  • 18293 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:44 AM

I just started playing the version bundled with Half Life 2, and find the main problem seems to be knowing what weapons to buy. There seem to be innumerable occasions when In sneak up behind someone or am the first to react, and are pumping bullets into them for several seconds, then they take me out with one or two shots :D

#20 Boutros

Boutros
  • Members
  • 3894 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

i brought this game 2day and my impresions are not at all good when i first put the game on it took me ages to find a game that would let me in (on live) and when i finally got onto live it took me ages to relalise what i was suposed to be doin by selecting a gun after this i thought great lets get on wiv the game i run around and start to look at the levels and realise the graphics are the worst i have seen in a long long time when u see a person on the other team there is no skill in killing a person its just fire and hope another thing that i thought was a real shit idea was u need to pick up cash during levels to buy amunittion and guns for ur nxt mision if any body is looking at buying this then plz buy it from game so that u can take full advantage of the 10 day return offer if any body has any think positive to say about this game then plz do these are my thoughts of the game

wallzy

Ever heard of interpunction?

#21 Boutros

Boutros
  • Members
  • 3894 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

Counter-Strike is probably my most played Xbox Live game of all time. I havenít played the game on the PC before, but even games like Rainbow Six 3 have been left gathering dust on the shelf now.

It isnít worth £40 if you donít have Xbox Live (especially with the lack of any split-screen options), but online it outclasses all others by miles.

I recommend that anyone playing the game online spend some time and overcome their initial disappointments. Yes, the graphics are dated, and the learning curve is steep, but you will learn and improve naturally.

The game does reward people who put the effort in; people who think tactically and have a cool-head under pressure. But even a complete newcomer (like me) can get lucky occasionally and score a few kills.

And after time youíll see yourself improving. Youíll go up a few places on the leader board, youíll get your best score, or (best of all) youíll single handily save the day as the last man standing. Knowing that everyone is watching you makes that so incredibly satisfying.

Itís a bit like a sport, but you are always responsible for your failings. You can always do better next time. There is always that other path, that other gun, that other tactic to try.

This alone means that I can rarely ever have less than a 1hr Counter-Strike session. Get me and a few friends at it and the evenings just fly by. :ph34r:

is it as furiously fast as its PC brother?

#22 Tom*

Tom*
  • Members
  • 8441 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:26 AM

I just started playing the version bundled with Half Life 2, and find the main problem seems to be knowing what weapons to buy. There seem to be innumerable occasions when In sneak up behind someone or am the first to react, and are pumping bullets into them for several seconds, then they take me out with one or two shots <_<

weapons - if CT, depending on how much cash you have:

$1-2500 - kevlar+helmet, and either more ammo for your USP, or a desert eagle
$3-4000 - kevlar+helmet and an MP5 (maybe stretch to a Famas)
$4000+ - I think you can get kevlar+helmet and an M4

if T:

$1-2500 - kevlar+helmet, and a desert eagle
$3-4000 - kevlar+helmet and an MP5 (maybe stretch to a Galil)
$4000+ - kevlar+helmet and an AK47

if you don't have enough for armour and a gun, get the armour (usually), because guns can be picked up off dead teammates for free, armour can't.

don't bother with sniper rifles unless you are 'good' or just rich.

if you react first but still die, aim for the head to kill quicker, or strafe side to side rather than sitting still with fire held down. or you could try to blind them with a flashbang first.

probably already said but oh well.

#23 Jacopo

Jacopo
  • Supporters
  • 4812 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:23 PM

Well to be honest (tbh) i think you all smell like rancid cat piss.

l33t0r r0x0r y0ur b0x3r y0u h4x0r n3rd wh, aimbot and speed h4x0r.

peace out young Ja Rules heaven is a ghetto not to be toyed with y0 h3r3 me?!?!

#24 Jacopo

Jacopo
  • Supporters
  • 4812 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:25 PM

weapons - if CT, depending on how much cash you have:

$1-2500 - kevlar+helmet, and either more ammo for your USP, or a desert eagle
$3-4000 - kevlar+helmet and an MP5 (maybe stretch to a Famas)
$4000+ - I think you can get kevlar+helmet and an M4

if T:

$1-2500 - kevlar+helmet, and a desert eagle
$3-4000 - kevlar+helmet and an MP5 (maybe stretch to a Galil)
$4000+ - kevlar+helmet and an AK47

if you don't have enough for armour and a gun, get the armour (usually), because guns can be picked up off dead teammates for free, armour can't.

don't bother with sniper rifles unless you are 'good' or just rich.

if you react first but still die, aim for the head to kill quicker, or strafe side to side rather than sitting still with fire held down. or you could try to blind them with a flashbang first.

probably already said but oh well.

i think you'll find if you are T you can buy Kevlar-Helmet Ak47 with full ammo and a HE Grenade for only $3000

#25 Tom*

Tom*
  • Members
  • 8441 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:34 PM

riiiiight....

i think you'll find if you are T you can buy Kevlar-Helmet Ak47 with full ammo and a HE Grenade for only $3000

that's true, you can. but I thought people just starting to play wanted tips and if you max out your cash every round when you aren't sure of surviving, you'll have nothing left next round and be stuck. if you're good and you buy an awp and get killed in the first 10 secs you can shrug it off, but if you keep getting beaten, save the cash!

#26 stephen129

stephen129
  • Members
  • 5961 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

Like me :rolleyes:

Yeah the noobs always complain that everyone is hacking, or 'running too fast' or that they 'HEADSHOTTED ME WHILE RUNNING ROUND THE CORNER!!!!11'

Play it more, you will get better, and when you start pwning people you will love it.

(I play the PC version btw, where the people are much more 1337 than the live folk.)

#27 El Stevo

El Stevo
  • Members
  • 3242 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:07 AM

I got this for Xbox yesterday and my first impressions were very favourable indeed. I've only done the tutorials and played a few rounds on the Airstrip map but I really enjoyed myself. The weapon buying system is an interesting addition and the guns are all quite different so it is worthwhile saving up. I always forget to buy any ammo or grenades though! I'm sure I'll learn soon enough.
It is all nicely fast paced and frantic on the Xbox and the AI is pretty good. The bots camp at various places around the map and do take up some decent positions to defend the bomb target. I fond the atmosphere is very reminiscent of the original Rainbow Six for some reason, but this is surely a good thing.
I'm very much looking forward to getting onto Live when I've brushed up my skills a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users