iOS Action

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeplus

joeplus
  • Members
  • 8429 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

I read a post that said good iOS games should have their own thread, so I'll give it a go.

Posted Image

Best thing I've had on my phone in ages. It's a slightly twitchy game about guiding Willow the Whale through the clouds on a rainbow. It's one-button, all the time, and yet there's loads in it. There are 64 missions, with the last ones only unlocked through better (sometimes perfect) scores on the easier ones, which creates a nice learning curve. The Endless mode looks like the easy one, and is also fun, but check out the achievements on it. They are hard. It controls great and it's fun, you should buy it.

Also it's soundtracked by a Super Furry Animal.

#2 Chopsocky

Chopsocky
  • Members
  • 1697 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Might want to warn people it's going free to play and IAP.

http://toucharcade.c...n-as-a-journey/

#3 joeplus

joeplus
  • Members
  • 8429 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

Slightly freaked out at this article piping up when I did, but there you go.

The new version of the game is, indeed, functionally different. As you collect bubbles and travel, you'll collect an in-game currency called Krill. With Krill, you can buy new powers, "useable treats," costumes for Willow and its five new playable friends. If you want this stuff without the grind, you can buy Krill straight-up.
Mills worries about how the current install base is going to react to this massive change, since the regular version will essentially die after this update.

This sounds horrible, but it also sounds like the coins in 1000 Heroz, which aren't really a distraction at all. Seems like they'll be putting in some custom whales to make money, I doubt they'd actually break the challenge levels. They're really well-designed.

#4 rumblecat

rumblecat
  • Supporters
  • 2735 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

It's alright game, problem is after finishing a game of it I never get the feeling to start up another, unlike Cannabalt, Jetpack Joyride, Temple Run etc... Maybe adding the challenges will go some way to sorting that. Looks nice but the gameplay never grabbed me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, Action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users