Day Z, The Road with Zombies

• Please log in to reply
3865 replies to this topic

#991 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3334 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Sorry for going all Leroy Jenkins on you.

(note that's my quickest , death to back to where i was , 25 minutes? All my gear back apart from the gillie suit , result - holding the field 4tw)

Also

http://dayzmod.com/f...d.php?tid=13199

#992 Mammas_Boy

Mammas_Boy
  • Members
  • 1380 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Someone needs to post an update, an encounter, a story, something!

When I can't play this game I rely on fellow Rllmuks to quench my thirst of this game.

#993 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3869 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

I was only listening last night... I was low on blood and food so I was waiting offline for the rescue operation but I was listening over the mumble comms channel as the guys at camp got their gear sorted in the jeep and were waiting for a couple of others who were north of camp but heading back. So far so mundane.

I can hear the guys at camp getting ready to set off. They jump into the jeep when suddenly I hear over the comms "is that a group of survivors in front of us?" There's a frantic role call to establish if it's any of the rllmuk group, It's not. Panicked and conflicting voices filter through my speakers. "They've hit the floor, they're crawling", "Get out!", "Floor it, move the jeep!", "There's a guy to left". Strategos opens fire, claims a kill and then is suddenly ripped from the game by a single shot to the head. The commentary is quick, others are engaging now and the firefight that breaks out claims more players from both sides. A shotgun blast through the bushes. A crack of bones and the cry of the injured. It doesn't last long.

Spork has taken the jeep to safety and Lewis is the only one of us left alive at camp. He's laying the bushes, waiting to see if there is any activity from the aggressors. How many were there? How many were killed, how many injured? We can't be sure. Flies are buzzing around the corpses of fallen friends and enemies but Lewis plays the waiting game.

Confident the aggressors have either fled or are all dead he finally moves from the bushes. The area is safe, and he begins the clean up.

#994 Mammas_Boy

Mammas_Boy
  • Members
  • 1380 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

Ahhhhhh, cheers

#995 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3334 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

I bloody died again. Ran all the way back but they had picked my corpse clean, Guess im heading back to the tent to grab an alice pack lol

Last nights blood bath was damn fun even though i lasted what ? 20 seconds then spent 25 minutes running back lol.

Shame we lost three vehicles (4 if you count my tractor earlier).

And do we need to move camp now ? Votes?

#996 Lewis

Lewis
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Considering that those guys happened upon us accidently (80% SURE), I still think the camp is still quite well hidden, it's my opinion that they were visiting the lake and we all happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But that's just me.

#997 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3869 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm inclined to think yes. I guess it's possible to randomly stumble across a group parked in a jeep at the edge of a forest, but the logical conclusion is you were there for a purpose and a reasonable assumption would be that camp was nearby so they might be back to look. We wouldn't want them reclaiming their alice packs :)

#998 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6619 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Fucks fucking sake. Just logged on for a new game, doing well, got myself a revolver, ghillie suit, winchester and supplies, log off for a bit, log back on, OOPS YOU SPAWNED IN THE WILDERNESS. Lost all my shit, fuck it. Thats the second time in as many days as thats happened.

#999 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3334 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Lets hope they don't read this forum eh lol

Im not sure it would be quite nice to have a place a bit more out of the way I guess. Though it is could being able to get back to camp in under half an hour.

http://dayzmod.com/f...d.php?tid=13279

#1000 Alan Stock

Alan Stock
  • Members
  • 5399 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Haha, that's brilliant!

#1001 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 3818 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Well after surviving last nights battle I thought Id log in with 20 minutes spare before heading to work.

i head towards camp from down south and come across a barn. I was going to just ignore it but curiosity got the better of me.

I enter and climb to the top to see what loot is around. Next thing I see is a survivor enter followed by zombies. He takes one look at me and shoots three shots into me without saying a word.

Dead. Balls!

#1002 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3334 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Ah that's so annoying.

#1003 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5675 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

This lunchtime I went on for a midday adventure galore!

Continuing where I'd logged out previously I was overlooking Novy Sobor from the tree line, despite the map being 25square km or whatever with only 40 players a survivor was running past in front of me about 50yards away, panicking I lay completely still and report to Strategos of his location. I get up into a crouch and make my way, tree by tree, in the direction the player was going, I saw him go behind some trees but then lost sight of him, he could just be lying down on the lookout so I didn't want to move around any further until I spotted him again. Pulling out my binocs and looking in all directions there's no sign of him.

So I slowly edge further along and try and work out what direction Strategos is going to be approaching from, still looking for the guy but seeing nothing. Then, when spying on Novy, right at the limit of the binocular vision I see a survivor crawling across the courtyard between two stable buildings, there's someone else here too! I report this to Strategos and await his arrival.

Then Strategos tells me he's just going to check out the deer stand on his way over. 'fuck, I'm being shot at.....I'm dead' I hear.

Then I hear further shots ringing out in the distance. Where are they coming from? is it the guy in the town or is it the other survivor I saw running past earlier? After some debating I decide to move through the tress to go find the deerstand and either make sure Strategos body isn't looted or avenge his death. I'm on the edge of the treeline and wary of running across the open field and gettting sniped, to make matters worse there's another deerstand nearby and the Zeds are in the field, so if I sprint I'll alert them. Eventually I make my way through the trees toward the other deerstand location but something isn't right, the slopes aren't quite matching what I'm expecting on the map.

After 10further minutes of crouch running through trees I spot a tent, is it someone's camp!?

No, it's an old tent we left, I've gotten completely disorientated, run way too far north, Strategos' body would be looted by now and the players could be anywhere.

An hour and my lunchbreak have now passed and I've done absolutely nothing but hid behind trees and run about a bit

That's surviving in DayZ.

#1004 martingee

martingee
  • Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

So after a few sessions on the same character it all went wrong, very quickly :P

Spoilered for length...

Spoiler

Sorry for the ramble.

Todays session went better, got into some trouble in a barn with an Enfield, the long barns seem to slow zombies to a walk, downed about 30 due to this 'bug' :)

Added a map of my journey with places of interest!
Spoiler

#1005 Unofficial Who

Unofficial Who
  • Members
  • 15319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Jim over at RPS has an awesome story where he managed to out think a cheater that tried to use an exploit to kill him.

http://www.rockpaper...ry/#more-111124

#1006 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3869 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Curses. I found my jeep from last night pretty much where it had been left and it was working! I drove around a bit looking for spare parts (it's working but all the parts are red). I topped it up with fuel at the power plant and then found some engine parts in a shed. I had to log off soon so I headed north to leave it at our camp for later I'm only a few minutes west of camp... then my game crashes out on me. I start it again, log back in but I'm stuck at the loading getting onto the server. I've reconnected twice now and it's happened both times... I've no idea where my jeep will be now. I hadn't saved it so would it possibly still be in that village north of Zeleongorsk?

edit: I can get onto other servers, just not ours...

#1007 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3334 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

The game is close to breaking me....

Swam all the way to the big island, lost my backpack, no worries, ran all the way round it to explore the harbour. Killed by a set of steps.

#1008 Mammas_Boy

Mammas_Boy
  • Members
  • 1380 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Is there supposed to be some good booty on that island?

#1009 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3869 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Steps? How? Please tell me you weren't crawling up them.

#1010 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3869 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Oh fucking Darwin award for me. I stopped to admire the scenery, decided to the change my video settings and before I knew it my finger spasmed and I clicked respawn by mistake :facepalm:

#1011 martingee

martingee
  • Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

The game is close to breaking me....

Swam all the way to the big island, lost my backpack, no worries, ran all the way round it to explore the harbour. Killed by a set of steps.

Steps? How? Please tell me you weren't crawling up them.

I died by going from kneeling to prone near a tree and broke some bones which was pretty much an insta kill, i presume it was my neck. :wacko:

I was on a hillside btw.

Edited by martingee, 09 June 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#1012 Mammas_Boy

Mammas_Boy
  • Members
  • 1380 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

It's not going well for the UK4 Rllmuk boys is it? haha.

#1013 Raane

Raane
  • Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I've two tents. Where do we want the new camp to be?

#1014 Fox

Fox
  • Supporters
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Holy moly. I logged in and was on a rooftop in a town on the east coast. I forget the name. Quite far north. I was tempted to explore it and look for a compass to go with my map, but then I looked down and saw a dead zombie. And I couldn't see a single "live" zombie. This freaked me out, so I legged it for the trees, where I was able to look at my map and figure out where I was.
I decided to loosely follow the road to Khelm. There was bugger all there, and I was about to leave when I saw an open house. I crept in, and found a couple of cans of coke and some chem lights. Unfortunately, a zed must have seen me come in, as it was blocking the doorway when I went to leave. I put it down with a headshot from the Enfield. The chaos that ensued lasted five minutes and left me sweating. The headshot apparently attracted every zombie within a mile radius. At first I was able to keep the living room table between me and them, and pick them off with headshots. Then they smartened up and came round the table on both sides. I went through a couple of Enfield mags and a few Makarov mags. Eventually they stopped coming.
41 killed, and down to 7k blood.
I legged it to the woods and logged off.
If anyone is near Khelm and has some spare blood, I'll be eternally grateful... I'm down to my last can of sardines, but I have a few cans of coke, bandages, chem lights and painkillers I can trade.

Attached Files

#1015 Raane

Raane
  • Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

The Lee Enfield is also known as the 'dinner bell'. It has that effect :P

#1016 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6619 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

The Lee Enfield is also known as the 'dinner bell'. It has that effect :P

I had the exact same experience yesterday with the winchester. My god, they made it so loud. I killed forty fucking one zeds by the end! But then of course the game spawned me in the wilderness next time i logged on so it was all a waste of time anyway

#1017 martingee

martingee
  • Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Is there any rifle that doesn't draw in every zombie from miles around? I found and AK with a couple of clips and had a couple of blood baths, was quite close on the last one, down to my last makarov bullet with one zombie left. Admittedly he was a crawler so i had time to compose my self and get a headshot but that left me with no ammo what so ever.

Luckily managed to make it to the next town where i find a couple of mazines for the makarov :omg:

#1018 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5675 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

There are silenced rifles that you need silenced rounds for, I'd love one of those.

#1019 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5675 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Headed over to Gorka to try and find some bits and pieces, en route I found a jeep which was chock full of ammo and grenades. I've fancied trying out the grenades so I loaded up and headed on towards the town.

Positioning myself in some foliage within range of the buildings I decided to get my eye in and get a feel for the range of the 'nades. I was hoping there would be some other players around who I would freak the hell out of. 30 seconds later I'm lying on the ground bleeding with broken legs and my ears are ringing. I've no idea how but I totally screwed up and the 'nade either went off in my hand or it got caught in the branches and fell by my side. Great.

I patch myself up but I don't have any morphine to fix the broken bones, I then spend the next 40mins dragging my body along the floor in search of a way to patch myself up. During which I'm crawling out of a shed and glitch on the step, rebreaking my bones and bleeding again. What a sorry state!

After scouting the entirety of Gorka I didn't find any morphine or much of use but I did find two crossbows which I'm super happy about.

Logged out in the town, hopefully I'll get some goodies when I respawn, if anyone else is about and can bring me what I need to get me back on my feet I'd be grateful, we'd need to arrange a meet up :)

#1020 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 3818 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

Positioning myself in some foliage within range of the buildings I decided to get my eye in and get a feel for the range of the 'nades. I was hoping there would be some other players around who I would freak the hell out of. 30 seconds later I'm lying on the ground bleeding with broken legs and my ears are ringing.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users