• 1423 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm in. Thanks

#933 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3968 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

So I did "The Running Man" earlier - spawning in Kamenka I ran past and aggro'd every zed I could find, passing through Kamarovo and Balota, up to the airfield and past the medical tents (I saw one guy inside there watching me run circles around it for a few laps) before heading into Cherno. Typically the one time I want to bump into other players I can't find any so with around forty zeds in pursuit I end up running into the fire station and up the stairs. I asked over direct chat if anyone could help me at the fire station in the hope that someone could at least come, watch and be amused by the onslaught. I heard some footsteps on the ladder outside and saw a guy on the roof. I think he threw a smoke grenade. I shot a couple of zeds that had made it up the stairs, threw a frag grenade down and then sat back waiting for death. Amusingly though the rest of them apparently killed themselves trying to get up the stairs :lol: When all the groaning and grunting stopped, the guy outside was dead (*cough* what? I was bored and had to shoot something *cough*) so I went out to loot his body. he didn't have much so I dived off the edge of the building to my death.

#934 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3968 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Also last night I dreamt that I was running around a building in a real life gun battle with bandits. One of them that I killed and looted was Sandi Toksvig :lol:

#935 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3394 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Oh god Sponge has gone off the deep end. I was worried this might happen!

#936 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3968 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Ha, it's a passing behaviour hopefully!

A new server update that fixes vehicle spawning is scheduled for tonight.

#937 Fox

Fox
  • Supporters
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Did you really climb up a drainpipe ?

Yeah. I was creeping round and suddenly the green arrow appeared. I couldn't see a ladder, and eventually just pressed Enter out of curiosity. It was the same animation as climbing a ladder, but it was a light-coloured pole in the middle and my hands gripping non-existent rungs on either side...
I'm starting to think it may have been Elektro, because I've just found a map and am currently sat on a different roof looking at cranes on a dock. As far as I can tell by the map, only Elektro and Cherno have docks like this, and this place looks different. It's dark though, so I don't know. I have an Enfield as well now, and I'm scared of losing both so I logged off :(

#938 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3394 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

We have a tractor parked at base camp lol found by Spork.

We found another one later but I drove it into a tree and it blew up lol. Least we know what happens when you damage vehicles too much! Be warned!

#939 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4209 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

So tonight we found two tractors. Got one back to base and Strategos crashed the other causing it to explode in a big ball of fire.

Ultimate tractor apocalypse sim is go!

edit: beaten to it!

#940 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

i couldnt stay away for long. So glad i came back

This happened after picking up a new outfit :lol:

#941 Mammas_Boy

Mammas_Boy
  • Members
  • 1423 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

It could be the frog suit from Mario!

#942 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3394 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

http://www.gamebreak..._source=twitter

Theres some really interesting, exciting stuff in here.

Highlights for TLDL:

1: Dayz being packaged up into a "game" and being sold cheap ala Portal.
2: The game getting one massive server like EVE online to handle huge numbers of players.
3: The map being made bigger.
4: All buildings being enter-able.
5: Possibly becoming like EVE online in that it has one giant world with everyone on it.

:omg:

#943 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4209 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

So apparently tool boxes are no longer required to fix up vehicles!

#944 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3394 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Really ? You just fixed them up ?

#945 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4209 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well I just asked in the DayZ irc whether toolboxes are spawning again now that vehicles are. Got told that they are no longer required!

#946 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4209 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Also while heading south from where we logged off last night I just saw two boats heading north up the river past Berezino. Holy crap!

#947 Pedro de las Montagnes

Pedro de las Montagnes
  • Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Man I can't wait till Pedro gets to scavenge and survive again, new patches, new camp and new vehicles. But alas not this week. Too much work :(

Also, if it were a GIANT world ala EVE then maybe it'd be alright. But even the 50 man servers are too populated for my liking of a Zombie apocalypse.

#948 Pedro de las Montagnes

Pedro de las Montagnes
  • Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

i couldnt stay away for long. So glad i came back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLxhUjed7lU

This happened after picking up a new outfit :lol:

Brer, how evil are you?! New spawn yet still the evillest face I have seen. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE...

#949 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5685 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

It'll be fascinating to watch this develop, it's going to change a lot, and there's a lot of discussion about packaging it up and making it an MMO and whatnot but if that happens then Rocket's 'anti-game' approach and the constant adjusting of game rules won't really wash with people who're going to flood in and be all like WTF!? why is this happening, this isn't how it was when I paid up?

#950 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Brer, how evil are you?! New spawn yet still the evillest face I have seen. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE...

apparently i picked up the worlds evillest outfit.....camo!!!

Just got killed for my sweet makarov and awesome beans...jesus christ. Getting tired of this now...again.

#951 Pedro de las Montagnes

Pedro de las Montagnes
  • Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Until they do something to identify bad people (such as yourself) again, shoot on sight is king. Annoyingly.

I STILL have yet to kill another survivor, not for lack of trying though!

#952 Sponge

Sponge
  • Members
  • 3968 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeah I can confirm no toolbox is required. There's a sweet military off roader up at green mountain with a shit load of Stanag mags, DMR mags, frag and smoke grenades, a tent plus various other bits. I've only found and fixed one wheel so far (it had one already), so it needs two more, engine parts and scrap metal. Looks like it fits about six people so could be a good one get for rllmuk day trips..

#953 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Until they do something to identify bad people (such as yourself) again, shoot on sight is king. Annoyingly.

I STILL have yet to kill another survivor, not for lack of trying though!

It wasnt me that was evil..it was the outfit!

#954 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3394 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

My murder count is now 8, last night I gunned down a guy that was about 300m away running in the opposite direction :( It's Lewis's fault he made me do it.

Basically im on high alert for other players all the time now, before approaching a town I watch for a good while for movement. Also look for zombie spawns to see where other people are. Then before I go into a building I watch it and the area for a while for movement. If I see another player If i get the drop on them I klill them if not I go the other way.

The days of me talking to them and trying to make friends are over im afraid.

#955 Pedro de las Montagnes

Pedro de las Montagnes
  • Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

I have a radical suggestion which will make the game a lot harder for us all but hopefully loads more involving. Direct comms is working now. I reckon once you all have got onto a server and organised yourselves via mumble, mumble should get muted and we all chat on DC.

#956 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4209 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Apparently direct comms has a radius of 80 meters. That's quite a lot!

I do like the idea of only using that but if no one else is then we are at a major disadvantage. It's a bit like not changing the gamma/brightness when it's dark while knowing that everyone else has so they will see you coming way before you see them.

#957 Strategos

Strategos
  • Members
  • 3394 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I think if everyone HAD to do this it would be awesome, but me and Sai totally fucked up that team of three guys who were using direct chat, only because we could follow their voices and listen to their plans. Its directional as well!

That said id still kind of be up for the idea I think.

#958 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4209 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Our land rover is now fully operational and in the green :wub:

#959 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

can one of you pm me what server is the new muk server plz?

#960 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5685 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

Would be pretty funny, Strat and I are about to go in for a bit and we're really far away from each other but will meet at a town, we'll just have to head there and wait in a bush calling out until the other arrives. If the other person dies we'll just not know.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)