• Announcements

• TehStu

ALL spoilers are currently visible   02/10/16

As posts have not yet been rebuilt, all spoilers are currently visible. If you're following something (film/game) and want to avoid spoilers, AVOID the relevant thread until the post rebuild is complete. I'll delete this announcement when it's done.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Ape

Day Z, The Road with Zombies

3888 posts in this topic

lol moved where? Someone can nab it from wherever you hide it. If we are going to up sticks and choose a new site going to take a few people to move everything in the tent. Or if we have another tent we could leave that one there as a staging post, only keep supplies in it.

Clearings north of Petrovka are a possibility.

I would find some remote clearing in one of the heavily wooded areas, basically anywhere where there's no water or nearby town / POIs. Minimise the chances of people passing through, will be a bitch to get to on foot perhaps, but if we're confident in our vehicle recovery skills now....

Actually fuck that, hidden in plain sight, go near the NE airfield! Northwest of Krasnostav, otherside of the mountain. Noone will go there and not too far for respawns to make it to base and not to far to raiding runs.

Well a second car which can hold more people than the tractor wouldn't be too bad for us to have!

Perhaps if we have enough people on later we can look at finding a new camp area?

What does a tent do? Is it like a locker for storing stuff, that anyone can add to/remove from? Once it's set up does it remain active and open even after the person who set it up logs off or dies?

I finally found a map, and an Enfield with which to protect it, so once I find a compass maybe I'll come and check out the camp? Running around in circles in the woods by myself is getting a bit tiresome.. I'll bring some car parts too. All I ever seem to find is bloody car parts and hatchets :(

Yes.

When you die it stays for two days.

Only the person that pitched it can take it down, anyone can add or remove items from it.

What parts does the jeep need? I was at the factory in the east between Polana and Orlovets and there were 2 wheels, windscreen, 2 fuel tanks and 3 jerry cans in there, so it's a good place for parts.

A thoroughly enjoyable session last night, me and Mamma's Boy managed to team up and head north to rendezvous with team RllMuk. Thrill! As we looted a barn with twenty zombies outside, me mincing around the interior while MB kept lookout. Gasp! As I spot a rabbit and we tried to encircle and slaughter him in a pincer manoeuvre, only to have him outwit us and escape. Fall over in absolute astonishment! As it turns out my map reading skills had chosen the right road and we'd made some decent progress. This is the kind of action that gets my heart beating a mile a minute, not for us the glacial cool of that bunch over on UK4, scoffing at the night as they prep their H&K G11 ACOG Bullpup assault rifles with silencers and motion trackers ( possibly ). Give me a Makarov, the blinding sunshine, a smattering of zombies and a tiny mammal with fiendish cunning any day.

Just tried 3 random servers, 2 wouldn't connect and one just black screened saying "Attempting to reconnect". Has it crapped out for anyone else?

There's been a few beta updates recently and the servers are mixed depending on version. That's been my experience anyway.

Our regular server has vanished. However, I'm now carrying two wheels and some engine parts which should be enough to get that off roader going once the server is back... but I need help desperately. I'm low on ammo (just the one Makarov clip left) and even worse my food is on red (and will probably be flashing by the time I log back on) and my blood is around 1500 so I'm constantly passing out. Once my food starts flashing red what little blood I have left won't last long. I'm at the north west edge of the Green Mountain forest. Anyone that can meet me there with a few cans of beans will be allowed to ride shotgun in my new wheels :)

Sorry for going all Leroy Jenkins on you.

(note that's my quickest , death to back to where i was , 25 minutes? All my gear back apart from the gillie suit , result - holding the field 4tw)

Also

[url="http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13199"]http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13199[/url]

Someone needs to post an update, an encounter, a story, something!

When I can't play this game I rely on fellow Rllmuks to quench my thirst of this game.

I was only listening last night... I was low on blood and food so I was waiting offline for the rescue operation but I was listening over the mumble comms channel as the guys at camp got their gear sorted in the jeep and were waiting for a couple of others who were north of camp but heading back. So far so mundane.

I can hear the guys at camp getting ready to set off. They jump into the jeep when suddenly I hear over the comms "is that a group of survivors in front of us?" There's a frantic role call to establish if it's any of the rllmuk group, It's not. Panicked and conflicting voices filter through my speakers. "They've hit the floor, they're crawling", "Get out!", "Floor it, move the jeep!", "There's a guy to left". Strategos opens fire, claims a kill and then is suddenly ripped from the game by a single shot to the head. The commentary is quick, others are engaging now and the firefight that breaks out claims more players from both sides. A shotgun blast through the bushes. A crack of bones and the cry of the injured. It doesn't last long.

Spork has taken the jeep to safety and Lewis is the only one of us left alive at camp. He's laying the bushes, waiting to see if there is any activity from the aggressors. How many were there? How many were killed, how many injured? We can't be sure. Flies are buzzing around the corpses of fallen friends and enemies but Lewis plays the waiting game.

Confident the aggressors have either fled or are all dead he finally moves from the bushes. The area is safe, and he begins the clean up.

[img]http://news.injuryboard.com/uploadedImages/InjuryBoardcom_Content/Blogs/News_Blog/News/Drug%20deaths%20needle%20arm%20%20500%20%20%20on%20the%20floor%20istock%20EasyBuy4u.jpg[/img]

Ahhhhhh, cheers

I bloody died again. Ran all the way back but they had picked my corpse clean, Guess im heading back to the tent to grab an alice pack lol

Last nights blood bath was damn fun even though i lasted what ? 20 seconds then spent 25 minutes running back lol.

Shame we lost three vehicles (4 if you count my tractor earlier).

And do we need to move camp now ? Votes?

Considering that those guys happened upon us accidently (80% SURE), I still think the camp is still quite well hidden, it's my opinion that they were visiting the lake and we all happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But that's just me.

I'm inclined to think yes. I guess it's possible to randomly stumble across a group parked in a jeep at the edge of a forest, but the logical conclusion is you were there for a purpose and a reasonable assumption would be that camp was nearby so they might be back to look. We wouldn't want them reclaiming their alice packs :)

Fucks fucking sake. Just logged on for a new game, doing well, got myself a revolver, ghillie suit, winchester and supplies, log off for a bit, log back on, OOPS YOU SPAWNED IN THE WILDERNESS. Lost all my shit, fuck it. Thats the second time in as many days as thats happened.

Lets hope they don't read this forum eh lol

Im not sure it would be quite nice to have a place a bit more out of the way I guess. Though it is could being able to get back to camp in under half an hour.

[url="http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13279"]http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13279[/url]