Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Ape

Day Z, The Road with Zombies

3,888 posts in this topic

Wellll, either the server is bugged and the tents will show up or whoever killed you also stole the vehicles and ran over our tent to destroy it.

There was a restart shortly after the hack which gave us the tent issue we often have after restarts. Hopefully they will be back now.

Well either they have vanished or the server hasn't been restarted. Humm.

Looks ace, consider mine paid for. Ill pay pal you when the time comes.

Lol im getting negged for logging off.

It was a bloody hacker! And he killed me later anyway.

I negged you just for the fun of it you coward. :P

Is it just me, or has the night time been 'fixed' i.e. it's actually night time, with or without our little Gamma, HDR and brightness settings adjustments because... wow.

The new beta has something called tone shading which is supposed to do just that I believe Lewis.

Last night was a cluster fuck.

I wonder if we have a new camp ?

Is that beta out now? It changes so often it's hard to keep up. It would be great if they could implement it so that everyone has the same night time experience. I'd like to play in the dark with proper settings, but you're just giving other players a ridiculous advantage over you by doing so. I feel much more "cheaty" by using high gamma and HDR than I do using a loot sheet.

Yeah i know what you mean but you cant not do it, because u know every bandit will be as well.

Id really like to see everyone in the dark.

Still then all the hackers and loot farmers will have NVG ;/

That pitch black darkness is what I was experiencing the other day. But at least 1.7.1 will require the beta being installed according to the DayZ forums.

Also sometimes when the server is broken like past night, people newly logging on will be placed in day time while everyone else who had been playing for a while will be descending into darkness.

Just logged in and the car was where we left it last night after dropping off Strat. Have moved it further north away from anywhere. Phew!

I'm still a bit miffed that we couldn't find the shooter that got Strat.

Me too :( Bit miffed my body disappeared as well.

Still another day, another death. or three.

There's quite a few streams and communities that do stuff like that, usually with horror games to show reactions, etc.

Today I have driven two boats, a camper van, a skoda and a quad bike. Only one of them broke.

lol Hmmm What about the huge explosion by the Skoda?

Team Awesome embarks on The Long Walk.

Only we could embark on a hike into the wilds with one compass between us, food enough for half of us and even less drink.

But we made it due to my mazing navigating! *cough*

A semi productive hour which (after a quick barn run) left me with a winchester, a couple of extra flasks, some more road flares, a hunting knife and relatively good health. Running a little low on handgun ammunition though, as I did have a fair few skirmishes with the undead. My inability to find living company in this world with unreadable road signs remains constant.

Logged for the night somewhere between Guglovo and Shakhovka. Will resume my NW hike tomorrow night. For those that have PM'd me about the map... cheers. All 5 'blank' maps have been spoken for. Will be PM'ing you with a paypal address by the end of the weekend. There are still 5 'Loot' maps to be taken and truthfully speaking I'm not sure exactly how useful the loot maps are. But the map looks pretty.

An estimated 95% of hacking problems solved with a central server update in the early hours of this morning :) Further more all those who hacked have received a global ban via BattlEye - their Arma2 multiplayer is permanently bricked :)

I'll have the beta and game updated enough to join you lot for next week. I can't listen to your chat about pimped out rides, boats, segways etc anymore, I need to sit in the back with a honey whilst we cruise. Spork can be my honey.

"Beep beep, who got tha keys to ma jeep?"

Im still traumatized by my quad bike experience with spork. He wouldn't let me get off!

The ban hammer has fallen very heavily over on BattlEye. The Ban Appeals folder on the DayZ forum is worth a read for a chuckle.

People being permabanned for spawning crates, weapons, etc. Not just the big hacks. Ha ha.