360 PS3 Wii PC 3DS Vita

• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#241 mushashi

mushashi
  • Members
  • 9209 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

According to Michael Pachter, who gets to see the E3 lineup of both Sony and Microsoft beforehand:

Microsoft - focus on home entertainment, which is pretty much what their tagline for this year is, “Xbox: Entertainment Evolved”

"They told me don't expect a lot of game stuff, expect a lot of dashboard, interface, multimedia."

Sony - gaming focus, but NDA on the details.

And no mention of Next-Gen, which has been the official stance since the start of the year anyway for both of them.

#242 ras el hanout

ras el hanout
  • Members
  • 17145 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

According to Michael Pachter, who gets to see the E3 lineup of both Sony and Microsoft beforehand:

Microsoft - focus on home entertainment, which is pretty much what their tagline for this year is, “Xbox: Entertainment Evolved”

Sony - gaming focus, but NDA on the details.

And no mention of Next-Gen, which has been the official stance since the start of the year anyway for both of them.

Great post, certainly provides food for thought. +1. Would read again.

#243 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31393 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

And predictably Pachter doesn't mention Nintendo because he ALWAYS gets it wrong.

Nintendo have probably told him to GTFO

#244 mushashi

mushashi
  • Members
  • 9209 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

And predictably Pachter doesn't mention Nintendo because he ALWAYS gets it wrong.

Nintendo have probably told him to GTFO

Well it's more because that episode hasn't been made available yet :P why would Nintendo not give the same level of access as the other two?

Pachter's personal hunches don't have much to do with what he is reporting as having seen with his own eyes, or what he thinks is the sensible thing to do in terms of future planning.

#245 shynra

shynra
  • Supporters
  • 3422 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

scottcr - Nintendo gametrailer show is next week :P Lets see what he says then aside from its too late for Wii HD and they should have done it earlier!

#246 b00dles

b00dles
  • Members
  • 9383 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

I don't know why they announce kinect and family/ expanded market stuff at E3 because most of the people that actually watch / pay close attention to the news on that day are gamers. I know it all gets filtered out to other outlets and so on but it does seem a bit strange as all of those people are probably also on the internet and so on and are going to give them shit on the internet.

#247 mushashi

mushashi
  • Members
  • 9209 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

E3 is about the only time, apart from maybe some story at Christmas/'gift giving season' time that the mainstream media will willing give the games industry any real attention not related to controversy about how games are bad for you.

The 3 platform holder conferences are technically for the media only anyway, normal people don't get an invite.

#248 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6051 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Sony doesn't really have anything to gain by mentioning PS4 prior to TGS. An announcement then could potentially act as a spoiler to the Wii U launch, whereas talking about it now just draws attention away from their own 2012 releases; they already have a new platform to push in Vita.

Similarly I don't think Microsoft are interested in talking about a new Xbox right now. Their focus will be on entertainment, showing off a further revision of the Dashboard and how that ties into Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. They intend for the 360 to stick around for at least the next couple of years, but as a more 'casual' device hence the inclusion of things such as cross-game fitness software that keeps tabs on your Kinect use.

#249 K

K
  • Members
  • 21007 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

I have it on good authority that we’re going to see strong intra-platform brand synergies at this year’s E3, along with cross-familial franchise development, and aggressive expansion of co-opertainment values into previously mono-centric home entertainment spheres. Obviously, my source is under NDA, but expect some games from all of the big three, and an increasing focus on making things and selling them to people. It’s an exciting time to be interested in computer games.

#250 Asura

Asura
  • Members
  • 19777 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Has anyone got noted down the dates/times (English time) of the major presentations, and where the best place online (not on Xbox Live or PSN) to see them?

GameTrailers had a pretty good stream last year. I'm wanting to plan out watching the lot, or at least quite a bit of it, so if anyone has those dates/times it'd be really helpful.

#251 APM

APM
  • Supporters
  • 28862 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

IIRC, the Microsoft conference is 5pm on the Monday afternoon, the Sony one is 2am Tuesday morning and the Nintendo one is 10am Tuesday morning. I think.

#252 Roboplegic Wrongcock

Roboplegic Wrongcock
  • Members
  • 6388 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Nintendo's is at 5.00pm (UK Time)

#253 Asura

Asura
  • Members
  • 19777 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

This page:

http://www.gameinfor...e-schedule.aspx

... say's that Microsoft's will be at 9:30am, though that's Pacific time, so 5:30pm.

#254 utero2001

utero2001
  • Members
  • 4655 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hoping Crytek demo Ryse this time after they were in a good position to show it off in the flesh last year, the trailer didn't have the same impact

#255 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17948 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hoping Crytek demo Ryse this time after they were in a good position to show it off in the flesh last year, the trailer didn't have the same impact

I fully expect them to have to some 10 year old on stage to demo it inbetween other Kinect gems as Just Breakdance EX en Where's Waldo HD (point him out on the screen using the power of Kinect to shout "there he is" and unlock an awesome achievement!)

#256 utero2001

utero2001
  • Members
  • 4655 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

I fully expect them to have to some 10 year old on stage to demo it inbetween other Kinect gems as Just Breakdance EX en Where's Waldo HD (point him out on the screen using the power of Kinect to shout "there he is" and unlock an awesome achievement!)

sad but probably true, the 360 truly has become the new Wii

#257 Wahwah*

Wahwah*
  • Supporters
  • 23890 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

No it hasn't, if you want to force the comparison, it's like a Wii with a massive catalogue of brilliant games. And some shitty motion controlled stuff.

#258 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24874 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

sad but probably true, the 360 truly has become the new Wii

It has lots of fantastic Nintendo games, a dearth of decent shooters and an awful online infrastructure? When did this happen?

#259 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106620 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

No it hasn't, if you want to force the comparison, it's like a Wii with a massive catalogue of brilliant games. And some shitty motion controlled stuff.

Posted Image

In-famous is when you're more than famous...

#260 mushashi

mushashi
  • Members
  • 9209 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Has anyone got noted down the dates/times (English time) of the major presentations, and where the best place online (not on Xbox Live or PSN) to see them?

GameTrailers had a pretty good stream last year. I'm wanting to plan out watching the lot, or at least quite a bit of it, so if anyone has those dates/times it'd be really helpful.

Keep an eye on the first page of discussion over at NeoGAF, they always have a pinned topic with E3 conference stuff (including time information for their non-American members) and multiple stream links. It's the reason I even have a GAF account in the first place, as one year, they were so rammed, they were only letting members login to the forum during E3.

#261 Cosmic Squirrel

Cosmic Squirrel
  • Members
  • 26398 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

E3 is about the only time, apart from maybe some story at Christmas/'gift giving season' time that the mainstream media will willing give the games industry any real attention not related to controversy about how games are bad for you.

The 3 platform holder conferences are technically for the media only anyway, normal people don't get an invite.

I'm not even a huge gamer anymore, but E3 always seems a bit like xmas to me. Or disneyworld for gamers..

Can't wait!!

#262 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41628 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

GTA V to be released a week before or after Call of Duty Black Ops II.

#263 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28776 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Kojima reviewing the E3 demo:

Posted Image

If Devil's Third never comes out, it's up to Platinum to save the action genre.

#264 Roboplegic Wrongcock

Roboplegic Wrongcock
  • Members
  • 6388 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

One game that seems to have flown under most peoples radars but could be quite exciting especially in the wake of games like Day Z and it's approach to Zombies, is Undead Labs Class 3. An open world co-op zombie survival game for Xbox Live Arcade. I know there was a thread back in Feb but it garnered about 6 replies.

Zombie Survival
What if society came screeching to a halt? What if all our rules and laws no longer mattered? ‘Class3′ brings these questions to life in a very real way. It’s not just about combat; it’s about doing what you must do to stay alive. Food, water, shelter, and ammo — you’ll need them all. Taking you beyond the initial panic, and beyond the first weeks of the crisis, ‘Class3′ is the embodiment of the “What if?” zombie apocalypse scenario.

Sweet Action
Move through the world like a zombie-slaying badass. Dive through windows, jump on cars, and take it to the living dead with baseball bats. Hop in a truck and mow down some undead pedestrians. Break into the local police station and clear out their arsenal or walk into the local grocery store to stock up on your favorite junk food. The world is your oyster…a shiny oyster that happens to be filled with zombies.

An Evolving World
‘Class3’ is an open sandbox world that develops in real-time, dynamically generating content based on your actions, the choices you make, and the ever-increasing zombie threat. Decide where you’d like to set up a fortified safe haven for you and other survivors you’ve rescued, then form raiding parties to gather resources and create supply chains. Use the materials you’ve gathered to develop your community as you see fit, but be careful — resources will deplete as you pillage areas, and zombies are attracted to noise and activity. Take up the offensive by assaulting hordes before they reach your settlement, or focus on improving your defenses against the massed zombie attacks. Every choice and every action matter in this fully simulated, evolving world.

It sounds ambitIous both for the class 3 version and their plans for a bigger MMO version codenamed Class 4 which will support more players.
The best news for me is that they've built it on Cryengine 3 and they've got Jesper Kyd doing the music.

Hopefully we get to see it at E3.

This video was posted back in January

And this was a timelapse video from last august

#265 boomeh

boomeh
  • Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

POPULAR

Sorry to disrupt the chat but I really really like this. :lol:

Posted Image

#266 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28776 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Class 3 sounds and looks really good. I mentioned it earlier, if it delivers on its promises we're in for a treat.

#267 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15458 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Cry Engine 3 is dope.

#268 boomeh

boomeh
  • Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

ok last one!

Posted Image

#269 Cosmic Squirrel

Cosmic Squirrel
  • Members
  • 26398 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Sounds too crazy to not be true!?!

RUMOR - Who wants to hear an off-the-wall rumor about Eminem and the Wii U?
Click Here to View Story

I've posted a lot of rumors over the years. Some of them are outrageous while others are definitely plausible. Every once in awhile there's a rumor that I can't decide on posting or not. This is one of those rumors...and I figure I'll give it a post. Wait until you hear this one.

- a marketing agency in Sacramento, California teamed with Nintendo for an E3 video
- the video features rapper Eminem
- post production work on the video will be going on this week
- video includes footage of a Nintendo-published Wii U title called "Acid Ghost", which is aimed at older gamers
- Eminem will play the game in this video

Yeah, I told you it was a crazy one. Now who wants to take a bet that this is the real deal!? Thanks to our anonymous source for the heads up.

#270 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15458 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

What's so crazy about it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 360, PS3, Wii, PC, 3DS, Vita

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users