Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Nintendo Presents Peter Molyneux's Pikmin 3

#33 Keyboard Koala

Keyboard Koala
  • Supporters
  • 8131 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Reggie will have a new jacket

As long as his body is ready for it... 8)

#34 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Capcom show off Vampire/Darkstalkers 4. Looks exactly like all the other fighters using MT Framework. Makes big fuss over the DMC emo reboot, which looks awful.

Konami tease us over MG:Rising by showing a stylish mo-cap action cutscene. Then announces the game won't be out until next year.

Square show random CG for a previously unannounced game that won't be out for another year. Continues to not announce a FFVII remake. Announces Vita and 3DS ports of 10 year old games, including details about FFX HD.

Sega show off poor ports of Dreamcast games, a new Sonic game and some more tripe based extremely loosely on old franchises.

Nintendo announce the final major Wii titles and some lazy ports/system changes to Wii U. Tries to make their Wii U presentation even more confusing than the previous one (the one where we couldn't tell if it was a new system or a add on for about 15minutes). Conveniently doesn't mention region locking until asked after the event.

Microsoft to act as if generic multiplatform release is an exclusive, using famous developers or celebrities to do so (why not, it's happened every year for the last 5). Continues to rely on third parties, Halo 4 aside, which is shown as a random teaser trailer with no actual gameplay action. Show off whatever new waste of time and effort for casuals that Rare/Lionhead are currently working on.

Sony announce more games that ultimately mean well but no one hears about again in a positive manner. And a new Killzone. Last of Us is only other major first/second party game for ps3. Shows off a single major first party Vita title, with the rest of the Vita offerings being third party. No Vita price cut, but maybe some bundles for new buyers. No PS4, but PS3 price cut/bundle changes.

#35 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106293 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

someone shows something that's a little ways off in the future.

to general apathy.

#36 Jack

Jack
  • Members
  • 35768 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Halfway through delivering Sony's keynote presentation, Kaz Hirai's body slowly comes apart to reveal that it's actually been seven mimic octopuses that joined together in a grotesque imitation of the human form.

#37 dng

dng
  • Members
  • 7087 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nintendo announce Mario Kart Complete (every track, every kart, every character, ever), Mario Bros Complete (every level, with every mario, in every dimension) and Zelda Complete (includes CD-i games and all the cartoons) and then Reggie walks off stage weeping and a recorded voice booms out over the tannoy telling everyone that Nintendo are now retiring from games completely.

#38 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Halfway through delivering Sony's keynote presentation, Kaz Hirai's body slowly comes apart to reveal that it's actually been seven mimic octopuses that joined together in a grotesque imitation of the human form.

Joking aside, Do we see Kaz Hirai lowering himself to appearing at E3 when he's got the whole of Sony to run now?

#39 wretcherd

wretcherd
  • Members
  • 1269 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Contrary to what they've told everyone, Microsoft will reveal some information and show some trailers for their Xbox 1080.

Sony won't plan to, but after seeing the MS conference they will cobble something unfinished together like with Kinect and Move a couple years back.

#40 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17868 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Nintendo announce the final major Wii titles

I honestly think the final major Wii titles have come and gone by now. it's all Wii U from now, surely?

#41 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15338 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I honestly think the final major Wii titles have come and gone by now. it's all Wii U from now, surely?

Definitely - Zelda was the last really big one.

#42 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15526 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

I honestly think the final major Wii titles have come and gone by now.

It's outselling the Vita in Europe according to recent sales figures. Posted Image

#43 Keyboard Koala

Keyboard Koala
  • Supporters
  • 8131 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Capcom show off Vampire/Darkstalkers 4. Looks exactly like all the other fighters using MT Framework.

Yes! Forgot about that one, and it's pretty much a given that it'll show up.

#44 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17868 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

It's outselling the Vita in Europe according to recent sales figures. Posted Image

Be that as it may, they will announce major new Vita titles at E3 but no major new Wii titles :P

#45 Mentazm

Mentazm
  • Members
  • 6513 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

All 3 announce the world doesn't want any new consoles and the current gen will be around for the next 10 years. Nintendo announces WiiU is simply a Wii draw tablet and has been misrepresented.

#46 James Lyon

James Lyon
  • Members
  • 2025 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Half-Life Karting

#47 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15526 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Midway through one of the conferences a jokester shouts out "Hey, Tim Cook just announced an Apple console in Hall F!". 15 tech bloggers die in the ensuing stampede.

#48 SharkEnergy

SharkEnergy
  • Members
  • 4127 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Nintendo are bound to end their presentation with a new 3D mario for Wii U revealed...and the big innovation to be placing a toy mushroom on the screen to increase Mario in size! Wow!

#49 NEG

NEG
  • Members
  • 8733 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

a pretty easy one is: 3DSlite

Less plasticy feel, back to metally/matte. Slightly bigger screens. Better sound. Longer bloody battery life.

#50 Keyboard Koala

Keyboard Koala
  • Supporters
  • 8131 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Less plasticy feel, back to metally/matte. Slightly bigger screens. Better sound. Longer bloody battery life.

Two sticks?

;)

#51 Uzi

Uzi
  • Moderators
  • 29978 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

No current console out NEEDS a presence at E3 like the Vita does. I've always been for Sony LOL in the past given some of their stupid decisions, arrogance and inability to imagine them failing to the degree that it actually harms the console (as badly as the PS3 began- it got there in terms of support and sensibility)- but the Vita actually is an amazing piece of hardware.

It doesn't deserve the Sony LOL's nor any hint of failure because from launch, aside from a few niggles in the OS and the proprietary mem cards (nothing compared to the shitness of the PS3 OS when it first launched being so barebones), it actually launced at a very fair price considering the tech and the backwards compatibility is the best I've ever ever seen. Again, totally opposite of how they fucked up PS2 BC this gen. A Vita is the best possible PSP you can have (whereas DS games on the 3DS just look okay I believe?). The screen is amazing- it gives the games a new lease of life and I'm surprised how much better they look despite the screen being far above the native res of the games. Even the second stick means on previously awkward controlling games are now much easier by mapping the camera to the second stick. I used mine as a glorified PSP right now and I don't mind that at all because it does it so amazingly well.

Next the store from launch has a wide array of insanely reasonably priced PSP games, minis and some vita arcade type games. There has been some quality in the launch games so everything about the present looks bright, it is just the future that's concerning me. It keeps selling like shit in Japan, there is no hint of any confirmed Monster Hunter or something like Dragon Quest which has been Nintendo friendly last gen. Meanwhile the revived 3DS and MH is stealing the show.

Even in the west, outside of Gravity Daze, there is nothing with a confirmed release date I'm looking forward to and it just seems pretty barebones. I really hope they ride the poor sales from launch out considering they're selling the thing at a loss and they get plenty of devs and great software on board. If Soul sacrifice turns out to be a From game and Persona 4 Golden gets dated for the west, my purchase is justified anyway, but it deserves a great line of software because it is the first piece of Sony hardware I am excited about and have faith in since the PS2.

#52 NEG

NEG
  • Members
  • 8733 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Two sticks?

;)

6 triggers

#53 dng

dng
  • Members
  • 7087 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

and the backwards compatibility is the best I've ever ever seen

apart from actually playing the original discs

#54 Uzi

Uzi
  • Moderators
  • 29978 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

apart from actually playing the original discs

I can see that might piss someone off if they have a big collection of UMDs, but when the games are 7 pounds or so to download, have much faster loading than before (from my memory anyway), avoid having a bulky and cumbersome drive in the console- I think it is a pretty logical compromise. Especially as a lot of HD remakes/ports from last gen are common and retail at around 30 quid.

#55 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28720 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well, I should be careful as I know about a few things that have not been announced but as I am under NDA I can't talk about them (yet).

It will be a good E3 though. On one hand because the industry has branched off in so many different directions that there should be something for everyone, and on the other hand because we are near the end of a gen, which generally results in some really memorable titles.

Like Gerbik, I don't expect much of Microsoft's conference unless they announce the 360 successor. The games I'm most interested in are actually XBLA titles like Dust, Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja. It's ironic that the PS3 got the 'it has no games' moniker as that platform whips out exclusive after exclusive, whereas Microsoft is left with another Halo and Forza and perhaps a bunch of Kinect games. I have seen some stuff of Halo 4 and it's looking good, don't get me wrong. It could actually be a great Halo even. But they need more than that. Perhaps the rumours of a People Can Fly developed Gears are true. While I'm not terribly excited about another Gears, PCF is such a good developer that they would no doubt do something cool with the license.
We'll see but so far it looks like the least interesting presser of the bunch.

Nintendo on the other hand looks way more promising, not in the least because we don't know much about the stuff they'll show. What games will they whip out to keep the 3DS momentum going apart from Pokemon and a new 2D Super Mario? Will they show a new Zelda for example? Or a Metroid game? And what will the Wii U line-up look like? I really hope EAD (the Galaxy team) has something to show, as they are the most talented of the Ninteno teams in my opinion. Retro is another one. They ramped up last year with people who worked on games as diverse as Darksiders and Uncharted, but what are they working on? Hopefully we'll find out in June. I just hope they'll show more than Wii U Sports, NSMB Wii U and Wii U Fit. Pikmin will probably be there.
As for third party titles, it's probably ports of 360/PS3 titles with added tablet functionality, but I must admit that Rayman game looks really good. Certainly a press conference to keep an eye on.

Sony on the other hand has so much coming out that they are already revealing new titles left and right. The Last of Us last year, Little Big Planet Karting not too long ago, Battle Royale last week, tomorrow they'll show off more of God of War: Ascension and they'll also unveil a new title at the start of May, rumoured to be the new game from Quantic Dream. I'm pretty sure they'll have gameplay demos of The Last of Us (which contrary to what some people were thinking is not a different skinned Uncharted, it really is a survival horror title) and God of War: Ascension (which definitely does some new stuff, you'll learn about that tomorrow) and some new character reveals for Battle Royale, but will they leave some surprises for the show? Will they show The Last Guardian now that the technical wizards at Sony Santa Monica are helping Team ICO out? A new game from Sucker Punch? Guerrilla? Media Molecule? Ready at Dawn?
Also quite excited for their more arty titles, like the surreal puzzle game Papo & Yo, which deals with rather heavy themes like addiction and abuse. And The Unfinished Swan, which we'll also learn more about soon enough.

As for the Vita, they need some really good titles for that. Which means they need more than Killzone Vita. A few big franchises will appear on the Vita (I know of at least one that has not yet been announced and it's not Call of Duty), but will that be enough?

Lots of third-party games to be excited about as well. And many questions. Will Platinum's Kamiya show off what he's been working on since Bayonetta? Will Shinji Mikami have something to show from his survival horror (who said that genre was dead?) Zwei? Will 2K steal the show by showing GTA V gameplay? Mirror's Edge 2? Dead Space 3? Guillermo Del Toro's INSANE? Thief 4? Half-Life 3? Questions.

From the stuff that has already been announced, I'm mostly looking forward to the following:

Dishonoured - Thief meets Deus Ex meets Hitman. Yeah, that sounds good alright.

Devil's Third - Itagaki created one of the best action games of all time with Ninja Gaiden Black. What did he do with the big budget THQ gave him? Hopefully we'll find out.

Metal Gear Rising - Platinum Games. 'Nuff said.

Far Cry 3 - Seen stuff of the single player. Looks magnificent and I'm not even a big FPS fan.

Assassin's Creed 3 - New setting, new engine, new protagonist, new gameplay systems. Bring it.

Bioshock Infinite - Won every award last year. How does it look in a much more finished state?

Tomb Raider - Very interested in finding out what the game looks like right now.

The Witness - Jonathan Blow may be a pompous twat, but I have to say I am quite interested in this puzzle exploration game.

Quantum Conundrum - New game from Portal's Kim Swift. Will be good.

Tons more. Post is long enough as it is.

#56 Kayin Amoh

Kayin Amoh
  • Members
  • 3550 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Wanted: Devil's Third footage. That's the main thing, and some Halo 4 campaign footage would be nice.

#57 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17868 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

In terms of games I'm most looking forward to:

-Dishonoured: like Vems said,Thief meets Deus Ex meets Hitman which means pre-order meets my bank account.

-Thief 4: I'm a massive fan of the first two Thief games, they're way up there somewhere in my personal top 10 best games ever made. Still to this day the best stealth ever seen in a videogame and I doubt anyone will ever manage to come close. However, I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution and this is made by the same guys, so yeah I'm REALLY looking forward to finally seeing this game after being announced so many years ago.

-Assassin's Creed 3: exactly what the series needed after the disappointing Revelations - a new setting, a new protagonist and promising new gameplay mechanics. This is going to be a good one!

-Half Life 3: yes.

-GTA5: I'm not the biggest fan of the GTA series and I thought GTA4 was mediocre at best, but I'm still really curious to see what Rockstar does next.

-Zwei: if you don't play games on PC and missed out on the excellent Amnesia then survival horror has been lacking in this gen to say the least. Resi has turned into an action series that only Capcpom fanboys are able to stomach and outside of the Wii game we probably shouldn't even mention Silent Hill anymore. However this is the Godfather of Survival Horror himself promising a comeback for the genre. Should be good.

-Borderlands 2: More-derlands! :D

-Yakuza 5: this ain't going to be at E3, but whatever. Roll on TGS!

-EDF4: see above.

Those are the biggest known games for me. A few others also look interesting (Tomb Raider for example) and some I'm not sure I even want to see (Hitman: Absolution, seemingly featuring every single thing I never ever wanted from a Hitman game). The titles I'm most hyped for at the moment aren't even going to be at E3 however, I'm of course referring to the extremely promising indie RPG's like Wasteland 2, the new Shadowrun, Age of Decadence, Dead State and Grim Dawn.

#58 barkbat

barkbat
  • Members
  • 6479 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

My five uncanny predictions

1: Wii U has a strong showing with a suprisingly large amount of games. Stand out will be a new 3D Mario, a Wii Winter Sports, and a Metroid FPS for launch. Price point is suprisingly low ( I reckon the NFC tech and suprisingly competent online revenue will let them take a profit hit on the console).

2: 3rd Party games are seriously strong. Devil's Third, Dishonoured, GTA V, Tomb Raider, Thief 4 - all playable, all awesome.

3: Vita has games, but nothing stands out or looks out of place on a PS3.

4: Mircosoft trailer games for a new system but remain coy on hardware specifics.

5: Valve show a trailer for Half Life 3. Seriously.

#59 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15338 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

I hope Nintendo announces what Wii U game Monolith Soft are working on. Rather than another Xenosaga title I reckon it will be brand new IP and something to compete with the likes of Uncharted and Gears Of War. Could be awesome.

Other than that I hope to see some evidence of next gen stuff from third parties - perhaps giving a glimpse of what we can expect from the next Xbox and Playstation.

I think overall Nintendo will get the most news and hype, but it will be Sony who surprise a lot of people and end up stealing the show.

#60 Broker

Broker
  • Members
  • 13111 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

What I want to see:

Confirmation of a release for Metal Gear Rising this year
A new Playstation console announcement
A HD remake of Final Fantasy XII
A date for Animal Crossing in the near future and lots of new features
Rockstar show off GTAV
Something really interesting on Wii U
Valve announce Half-Life 3

What we'll actually get:

Metal Gear Rising delayed until next gen
A new Xbox which is totally Kinect focused
Info on the HD remake of Final Fantasy X
A delay for Animal Crossing 3DS and the revelation that it's just the same AC game again
Rockstar pass and we still know very little about GTAV
Nintendo change the name of Wii U
Valve announce that Half-Life 3 is going to be a Kinect game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 360, PS3, Wii, PC, 3DS, Vita

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users