360 PS3 Wii PC 3DS Vita

• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#511 sid

sid
  • Members
  • 1521 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Ok didnt realise nintendo still to come.

Standing down.

#512 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28224 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

I so hope Tokyo EAD has something. Them and Retro.

#513 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31148 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Retro are going to melt our faces with amazement...

... and I'm going to miss the conference. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want it to start with Reggie walking on stage saying

'I'm Reggie, We're Nintendo - and we're here to save gaming'

then an hour long extended montage of amaze. Job done.

#514 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 4812 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I'm coming in late here with a prediction for Zelda WiiU: Navi (or whoever her equivalent is) will be controllable on the tablet controller. She'll be able to investigate areas, make note of bad guy locations and help Link solve puzzles.

#515 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31148 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm coming in late here with a prediction for Zelda WiiU: Navi (or whoever her equivalent is) will be controllable on the tablet controller. She'll be able to investigate areas, make note of bad guy locations and help Link solve puzzles.

I said that a while ago... :)

Auonaomoannamamannaoononaaa has said he wants to keep motion+ controls for the next Zelda... so I see the main controls being the same as Skyward Sword and a second 'companion' and Navi makes sense, being on the gamepad.

#516 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 10341 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

What did the GBA do when linked up to Wind Waker? I remember it being a bit rubbish.
Also, I just realised I never played Tetra's Trackers. Was that rubbish?

#517 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 4812 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I said that a while ago... :)

Wait. What I actually meant was that Epona is playable on the tablet. When Link rides her, you use the tablet screen for a driving game and if you smack the tablet, she'll sprint faster.

Yep, I meant Epona all along. Ahem.

#518 simms

simms
  • Members
  • 4637 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

That would be rubbish. It would be too messy using two controllers for one game. Sections of game that use different control methods would make the game seem disjointed like a mini game collection

#519 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 4812 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

I was joking.

#520 simms

simms
  • Members
  • 4637 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I was right - negs be damned.

It reality, at this point there are still more games on the 360 or ps3 many people want to play. People are hyping wii u which will lead to disappointment, minus a new mario we could end up with lifestyle games and 360ps3 ports with wonky online integration.

#521 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 15971 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Simms is right - at this point in time there are more games for two consoles which have been around for more than five years than a console which is released in five months and hasn't been fully shown yet.

#522 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 4812 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

It reality, at this point there are still more games on the 360 or ps3 many people want to play. People are hyping wii u which will lead to disappointment minus a new mario we could end up with lifestyle games and 360ps3 ports with wonky online integration.

Genuine question simms. Why do you try to run down Nintendo so much? Seriously. You constantly post about how they're doomed and behind the times. I don't get it. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what new games they have to show and how they are going to intergrate the tablet into games. It's new hardware! I'd be just as excited if it was Sony or Microsoft who were releasing it.

And to be honest, they desperately need to show something different to counter the amount of brown/stabbing/shooting we've seen over the last 24 hours.

#523 simms

simms
  • Members
  • 4637 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Im excited to see the wii u. I thought their pre conference was great a love the Nintendo take on online integration but just have many concerns as they can sometimes squander potential. I'm likely to day 1 a wii u depending how they handle certain things.

#524 RubberJohnny

RubberJohnny
  • Supporters
  • 16308 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think a trend towards these massive managed marketing campaigns with social this and announcement for announcement that will take a lot of the surprises out of big events like this.

Last year was all "on rails turret sequences" and "close up knife kills", with about 9 and 6 big titles showing those off respectively. I expect, given fuck all has happened to shift development away from the linear cinematic junk that's been dominating this gen, that we'll end up with some other set-pieces that crop up in almost every presentation and game - I'm betting on "final kill in an encounter getting you a special camera treatment thing" like you already get in F3, Skyrim and Max Payne 3.

Woohoo I was right, quel surprise. I probably should have added something about presentations ending with something crashing into the players perspective cutting to the title splash screen.

You know something is wrong when we can spend more time recognising changes and innovations and changing trends for stylish effects than we can with changes to gameplay over the last ten years.

#525 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 63616 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

I hope to God that the conferences were just a peak at the expected commercial high hitters and that there will be some more obscure and interesting games shown on the floor, otherwise it'll be a pretty drab year indeed. While I enjoy my high octane testosterone linear cinematic shooting/stabbing fests as much as the next guy, I could do with a little more variety.

Some good Sony exclusives though, and I like the look of some of Ubi's games with Watch_Dogs looking really promising.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 360, PS3, Wii, PC, 3DS, Vita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users