Photo

Rayman Legends - The Legends are coming! September (360/PS3/WiiU)

• Please log in to reply
698 replies to this topic

#1 mr_woo

mr_woo
  • Members
  • 8643 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I saw this just appeared, not sure how long it'll last for but it's not a Youtube link so may last a bit longer.

http://www.gamekult....-u-A101141.html

Certainly looks interesting, especially putting things onto the tablet to get stuff ingame (assuming that's what the trailer implied)

#2 Uncle Nasty

Uncle Nasty
  • Members
  • 4556 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Looks good for the Wii U.

#3 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

NFC is going to be a fucking nightmare. I wish they hadn't included it in the controller.

#4 rgraves

rgraves
  • Members
  • 5864 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Keyboard Koala

Keyboard Koala
  • Supporters
  • 8220 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Putting stuff on the tablet controller to get extras in the game? How does that work? Looks interesting, but hopefully it'll be more than just a gimmick.

#6 rgraves

rgraves
  • Members
  • 5864 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Putting stuff on the tablet controller to get extras in the game? How does that work?

NFC - http://en.wikipedia....d_communication

#7 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

It's going to be used for little more than a new wave of awful preorder bonuses. Want to unlock special Asssassin's Creed levels in Rayman? Order both games together from Gamezman for the Assassin's Creed toy!

#8 Bojangle

Bojangle
  • Members
  • 11625 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

It's going to be used for little more than a new wave of awful preorder bonuses. Want to unlock special Asssassin's Creed levels in Rayman? Order both games together from Gamezman for the Assassin's Creed toy!

That sounds like exactly the sort of 'innovation' only Nintendo fans can champion!

#9 barkbat

barkbat
  • Members
  • 6480 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I can just see the aisles of Pokeman figures.

#10 rgraves

rgraves
  • Members
  • 5864 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

It's going to be used for little more than a new wave of awful preorder bonuses.

If nothing else, surely just doing contactless card payments is going to make it a very worthwhile addition to the system.

And it ties nicely with the 'download codes available in retail' news from the investor conference. No need to enter the code if you don't want to - just swipe the card you were given near to the controller and it'll automatically download the appropriate title from the online store for you.

There are lots of potentially nice benefits to the system having it, but let's not let those get in the way of bashing the potentially poorer ones right?

#11 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

That sounds like exactly the sort of 'innovation' only Nintendo fans can champion!

I don't mind if it's something like Pokemon or Skylanders. Kids like toys, this way they get something else out of them - fine by me. Doesn't effect games I'm likely to play so it doesn't bother me.
It's the shitty ways publishers like Ubisoft will use it in every game they put out that's going to be the real problem.

If nothing else, surely just doing contactless card payments is going to make it a very worthwhile addition to the system.

And it ties nicely with the 'download codes available in retail' news from the investor conference. No need to enter the code if you don't want to - just swipe the card you were given near to the controller and it'll automatically download the appropriate title from the online store for you.

There are lots of potentially nice benefits to the system having it, but let's not let those get in the way of bashing the potentially poorer ones right?

Those are completely trivial benefits, particularly so for a system with a touch screen where entering 16 digit codes is going to take a matter of seconds. I also doubt they'll be putting RFID chips in every single digital download card stocked by retailers.

#12 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24873 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Everyone seemed to love it in that Spyro game last year.

#13 Rudderless

Rudderless
  • Members
  • 11254 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

That was SWEET.

NFC is going to be a minefield, but publishers will love it as it's an obvious moneyspinner. It'll mean more of the kind of thing MID's moaning about, but it should also lead to better third-party support for Nintendo. Swings and roundabouts.

#14 rgraves

rgraves
  • Members
  • 5864 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I also doubt they'll be putting RFID chips in every single digital download card stocked by retailers.

They don't need to put chips in them, just the unpowered tags will do it.

#15 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

They don't need to put chips in them, just the unpowered tags will do it.

Oh, that seems more likely them. Still, I think the time saved by not typing in codes will be more than filled by the time spent working out where you need to buy a game from to get the best preorder toy.
Toy stuff aside, that's a nice upgrade to the graphics. It also looks a bit less platformery, which I'd be very happy with.

#16 Liquid Myth

Liquid Myth
  • Members
  • 14992 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

So is the Wii-U pad wired then? I mean the connection bit looks a bit prototype-y, but it makes me wonder after last year's stuff about lag problems for some developers.

#17 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 65579 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Isn't that a security/charger device they use at exhibitions and the like?

#18 rgraves

rgraves
  • Members
  • 5864 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

So is the Wii-U pad wired then?

No, that's clearly a devkit setup.

It appears to be a trailer meant for internal use only - perhaps this was a concept for the final one they are/were going to show at E3?

#19 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

That's the dev controller. It's a leaked trailer, not a final one.

#20 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31391 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

OH SHIT

MY HOUSE WILL BE FULL OF TAT!

#21 Liquid Myth

Liquid Myth
  • Members
  • 14992 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

No, that's clearly a devkit setup.

It appears to be a trailer meant for internal use only - perhaps this was a concept for the final one they are/were going to show at E3?

...that somehow got everyone on the internet talking about it after it was "accidentally" exposed. CONSPIRACY

#22 Oh Danny Boy

Oh Danny Boy
  • Members
  • 4337 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

i'll be buying this game....on my 360

#23 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 12035 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Looks amazing.

#24 Cyhwuhx

Cyhwuhx
  • Supporters
  • 27818 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

OH SHIT

MY HOUSE WILL BE FULL OF TAT!

As opposed to...? ;)

#25 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15456 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

It looks pretty much like Rayman Origins. I wonder if it's an expanded version of that game or something entirely new.

#26 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24873 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

It looks pretty much like Rayman Origins. I wonder if it's an expanded version of that game or something entirely new.

It's the sequel, isn't it?

#27 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • Members
  • 10468 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Oh man the tablet NFC technology looks awesome, really appeals to my inner child. Kids are going to love that. Putting your favourite characters into your game by "teleporting" them through the controller.

Looking forward to the WiiU

#28 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15456 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

It's the sequel, isn't it?

Probably, this is Ubisoft after all. They don't half turn them out quickly.

#29 El Spatula

El Spatula
  • Members
  • 6746 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hang on, I thought from the NSBM WiiU thread that Rayman was shit?

#30 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

It looks a lot better than Origins. There's some really nice lighting effects that Origins didn't have, although I played the Vita version so maybe the console ones looked better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users