Things about food that f**k you off

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 doublethemeat

doublethemeat
  • Members
  • 2695 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Watching Nigel Slaters show really put me off him. Some of the things he cooks look interesting, but his style is very much pretentious wanker.

Same here. I used to really enjoy his writing, and then that tv programme happened and I just can't cope with him.

"There. Is. A. Wonderful. Pork. Roast, too."

#92 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Members
  • 17919 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

It's not just me then. I liked his books when I read them, but his presenting style just makes me cringe. I don't think I've even looked at his books since the show aired.

#93 doublethemeat

doublethemeat
  • Members
  • 2695 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

I don't think I've even looked at his books since the show aired.

#94 will

will
  • Members
  • 5871 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

His presenting is very much an extension of his writing so it seems strange to like the books but not the programmes. I think he's up there with the best in communicating genuine enthusiasm for simple, seasonal food with real thought behind it. Kitchen diaries is one of my favourite cook books ever.

#95 Fieldini

Fieldini
  • Supporters
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

His presenting is very much an extension of his writing so it seems strange to like the books but not the programmes. I think he's up there with the best in communicating genuine enthusiasm for simple, seasonal food with real thought behind it. Kitchen diaries is one of my favourite cook books ever.

Have to agree there, I haven't been disappointed by any of the recipes in that book. The apple pie being a particular favourite in my family!

#96 doublethemeat

doublethemeat
  • Members
  • 2695 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yeah agreed, Kitchen Diaries is one of the best cookbooks I own, not only because of the recipes but for the diary content alone.

But with his books, I can read them at my own pace and with my own flow, rather than being forced to watch his over-dramatic pauses and facial strained expressions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users