• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I got this on import.

9/10 Review (with embedded trailer) on Eurogamer here: http://www.eurogamer...ty-daze-review.

OK, it is a really good game. Firstly, it's very hard to overstate just how pretty the game is. Secondly, it's loads of fun. The Gravity control aspect works very well and you'll have loads of fun flying yourself through the air or dropping dogs off buildings.

A magical cat follows you around. This is quite cool.

Everything is in Japanese but I have not (after 3 hours play), been stuck once. I even managed to invert the view in the options. You also work out what everything is. The story is nuts. I'm guessing that from the pictures and funny cut scenes like comics which you can move around with your hands. Other than that, I have no idea what anyone is saying, apart from the Cat which appears to have only one word in it's vocabulary which I think is 'Meow'.

I'd agree with the Eurogamer in that the city does feel a bit stripped down (I mean, there aren't any functioning doors or things) but that isn't really a problem. IT LOOKS AMAZING. YOU CAN DROP DOGS OFF BUILDINGS.

I have also built myself a house in a sewer.

I highly recommend you import this rather than waiting till June (June!), to be able to get it.

It is probably the best Vita game. I don't know if the graphics are the best technically vs, say Wipeout (holy shit that looks good) or Uncharted (similar) but it does look the best. And it's so much fun.

Someone else buy it so we can talk about the times we dropped Dogs off buildings or gravity fired rubbish bins into kids out for a walk with their Mum.

#2 James Ape

James Ape
  • Members
  • 2577 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

This game is really good fun :)

I spent longer than I should have trying to create a good picture of me throwing dogs/people into the abyss.

The cat does say meow most of the time, the story at the start is that
Spoiler
The powers are really fun to use, almost has a crackdown like addictiveness to collecting the purple orbs.

#3 Keyboard Koala

Keyboard Koala
  • Supporters
  • 8079 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

*le cough*

> http://www.rllmukfor...__fromsearch__1...

;)

#4 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Sorry man :(

#5 Gamst

Gamst
  • Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Where did you guys import it from? I'm really tempted(even though I have too many great vita games already!).

#6 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Yesasia for me, took about 10 days with standard shipping.

Well worth it.

I think James lives in Japan or something but I could be wrong.

#7 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

This may well be the best game I have ever played.

#8 Gamst

Gamst
  • Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yesasia for me, took about 10 days with standard shipping.

Well worth it.

I think James lives in Japan or something but I could be wrong.

Cheers :-) Very very tempted....

#9 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

I haven't played anything else quite like it. It uses the whole of Vitas features (rear touch pad, touch screen gyro) and none of it feels tacked on.

Soaring through the streets and cites is incredible. Deep game.

Also, I realised today that some (if not all), of the speech is in French, not Japanese. I think.

#10 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6006 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I believe it's actually a nonsense language, it just has a Gallic sound to it. And to refer back to an earlier comment, Crackdown was one of the game's primary influences.

I'll be picking up the game day one of its European release. In June. June!

#11 Gamst

Gamst
  • Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'm thinking of getting this from eBay. It's going for around 54, which is a little more than playasia and yesasia have it for (around 48). Though I'd get it much quicker and delivery would be cheaper.

I've got loads of other Vita games still to play! 2 months......

EDIT: it'd cost me nearly 57 on eBay to get one that's coming from the UK.

#12 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16139 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Jesus. £57 just to play it two months early and in Japanese?

#13 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Who gave Smitty MIDs login?

#14 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16139 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

The man.

#15 Rudderless

Rudderless
  • Members
  • 11240 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

It's probably worth holding out. It's a lovely, lovely game, but I sense that I'm missing a certain amount of flavour because I can't understand the dialogue etc., even if it is simple enough to follow the basic mission objectives.

#16 Strafe

Strafe
  • Members
  • 7302 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I paid just under 47 for it, inc delivery.

The way I see it, assuming its a full price release, I paid 7 to play it 2 months early as I would have bought it when it came out anyway.

I mean, you wouldn't say that you paid 50 to play Mass Effect 3 2 months early, would you? As its already been discounted at Tesco for anyone who could have been bothered to wait for the price drop.

#17 Gamst

Gamst
  • Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I paid just under 47 for it, inc delivery.

The way I see it, assuming its a full price release, I paid 7 to play it 2 months early as I would have bought it when it came out anyway.

I mean, you wouldn't say that you paid 50 to play Mass Effect 3 2 months early, would you? As its already been discounted at Tesco for anyone who could have been bothered to wait for the price drop.

The issue I have is, if it's as good as everyone is making out, I'll want to buy the UK one also. Though I always sell the import copy on eBay once I've got the UK version.

Going to make a HK account and grab the demo. :)

#18 Mitchell

Mitchell
  • Members
  • 10721 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

It's ridiculous if it is £39.99 when released, considering it'll be up on the US PSN at $39.99 (under £25).

#19 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6006 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

I imagine it'll be £35 on PSN, much like Uncharted. Personally I see it as a game more befitting of a physical copy, though, and you can pre-order it for just under £30 from a few places last time I checked.

#20 Windowlicker

Windowlicker
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I imagine it'll be £35 on PSN, much like Uncharted. Personally I see it as a game more befitting of a physical copy, though, and you can pre-order it for just under £30 from a few places last time I checked.

Uncharted is £39.99, most games seem to be £5 below RRP. Fifa is an exception at at silly £44.99.

#21 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6006 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Uncharted is £39.99

So it is. I could've sworn I saw it for £34.99, but perhaps my brain simply couldn't parse the real price.

On the upside it seems I was also probably wrong about Gravity Rush: it ostensibly has an RRP of £34.99, so it should be £29.99 on PSN.

#22 Quexex

Quexex
  • Members
  • 5930 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Shit - off to the other thread ... nothing to see here...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users