Vita

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Epcotman

Epcotman
  • Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

This is a lot better than I thought it was. Initially it seemed like a waste of £8. But now it's slowly unveiling itself.

#32 spatular

spatular
  • Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

does anyone know how to get ultimate charge and the flex nitro at the same time? some online ghosts have this but they're the same colour for me so i can't equip both - seems like a good setup. what setups are people using?

#33 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos
  • Members
  • 2754 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

picked this up yesterday with my $10 off coupon from gamestop for $20 :)
haven't had time to open it up yet to see if we get the extra cars and tracks like you did in the uk

#34 boxoctosis

boxoctosis
  • Members
  • 7833 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

does anyone know how to get ultimate charge and the flex nitro at the same time? some online ghosts have this but they're the same colour for me so i can't equip both - seems like a good setup. what setups are people using?

I'm using flex nitro and the one that gives you a half full meter on the last lap (=lots of free nitro). Plus the one that gives you faster charge but less fast ultimate charge (ok as I don't use ultimate charge).

Now rank 11 and just beat the devil car at the 14th attempt. Proper racing excitement - you can't afford to miss a corner - it's seat of the pants stuff.

Plus Rotterdam Nation in the background. Taking me right back to 1995!

There's an awful lot of game in here, despite the reviews slating it for a lack of courses / cars etc. the thrill of power sliding round the courses has yet to get old, 11 hours in.

:wub:

#35 Quexex

Quexex
  • Members
  • 5930 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

What is up with Namco another week and no Lost Ruins track or Meltfire car. Best of all I can by the silver pass and not getting any content for it as its not available yet!

#36 SPE

SPE
  • Members
  • 4329 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Whether that's down to Namco or SCEE is anyone's guess. Neither have a particularly good track record at looking after their customers.

At least in the US, buying the Silver Pass gets you some new music and a Pac-Man car.

#37 Omizzay

Omizzay
  • Members
  • 3701 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

I just bought this the other night, mainly due to Spe's ravings about it. DAMN YOU!!!! :D

The racing is fucking sublime though, so i'm a happy man.

Is there any way to get a gold pass anymore? I want the full game, not just 3 tracks and 3 cars.

#38 SPE

SPE
  • Members
  • 4329 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

It should be there to buy.

#39 Doc NI

Doc NI
  • Members
  • 1750 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

What is up with Namco another week and no Lost Ruins track or Meltfire car. Best of all I can by the silver pass and not getting any content for it as its not available yet!

Both are up, I dl'ed them last night on my vita.

#40 Quexex

Quexex
  • Members
  • 5930 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Both are up, I dl'ed them last night on my vita.

Woohoo, about time - no sign of the Silver Pass content though...

#41 Doc NI

Doc NI
  • Members
  • 1750 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

And no mention on the psn blog, and only having just told people specifically asking... " in the next few weeks" or "no idea!"

#42 Hean Dog

Hean Dog
  • Supporters
  • 27648 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

So the racing is awesome as ever, but what should I be putting my time into? The menus are all very confusing.

#43 strider

strider
  • Members
  • 5632 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Well I sold my cartridge version and downloaded the digital one (I had a code I didn't realise I had) so now I have this fantastic game always on my console :)

#44 Omizzay

Omizzay
  • Members
  • 3701 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Is there any need for the silver pass if you download the gold one? Are there additional tracks and cars?

#45 Hean Dog

Hean Dog
  • Supporters
  • 27648 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Whats the boost start tactic again?

Oh,and whats the difference between posting ghosts as near or global?

#46 SPE

SPE
  • Members
  • 4329 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yeah. Gold pass gives you 3 course and some cars, silver gives you the remaining 3 courses plus some more cars. The items get with the gold pass are completely seperate from the ones the silver pass gives you.

In total, there are 9 courses. The 3 you get with the game. The 3 with the gold pass, and soon, 3 more that are part of the silver pass (they're the 3 new tracks for the 3DS game).

Whats the boost start tactic again?

To boost, you have to just be redlining when the countdown ends. Unusually accelerate fully, let go on 'two', then press again just before 'go'.

#47 boxoctosis

boxoctosis
  • Members
  • 7833 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

So the racing is awesome as ever, but what should I be putting my time into? The menus are all very confusing.

From memory , spot race until you get to rank 7 or so, and then move onto online.

#48 SPE

SPE
  • Members
  • 4329 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

The first of the 3DS tracks - OceanFront Cruiseway - is available to US-ers. It's probably the weakest of the lot, both graphically and in layout. The other two new course that are inbound were the best thing about the 3DS game, and I heard mention they're due next week.

#49 amc

amc
  • Members
  • 3505 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Totaly agree with SPE brilliant game and a bit misunderstood due to the weird way you get content (although I'm all for namco releasing new tracks via psn, and after getting the gold pass free feel there is already plenty there for my 15 quid).

Looks fucking lush too.

#50 boxoctosis

boxoctosis
  • Members
  • 7833 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

17 hours in, rank 14. 10000+ CR. one thing I don't understand is why I'm randomly chosen as a VIP every day. It's been about 6 on the trot now. Any ideas?

Aside from that, this is great fun, and really competitive online. Easily my most played Vita game so far.

#51 SPE

SPE
  • Members
  • 4329 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

one thing I don't understand is why I'm randomly chosen as a VIP every day. It's been about 6 on the trot now. Any ideas?

It's because you're special!

#52 boxoctosis

boxoctosis
  • Members
  • 7833 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

It's because you're special!

:lol:

That never occurred to me!

#53 GENOME

GENOME
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm loving this so far. I've only clocked up 2hrs and on level 3 right now. I'm not a fan of the business model. Surely they would have made more money and got better press selling this with all the tracks and music on day one? Would have saved on memory card space as well.

Online play is out of bounds while I level up a bit which is a bit of a bummer. What I love is that there is no filler or fucking about! It's bad ass speed from the first race!

#54 GENOME

GENOME
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Graphically it looks amazing. The docks at night look amazing! I would have prefered airport lap instead of that crappy ps3 jungle stage or the 360 mountain stage.

I think I prefer the 30fps as well, it was a shock to the eyes at first but adds to the sense of speed and grittiness!

Anyone bought those psp earphones with the microphone? They look great and cheap too

#55 silique

silique
  • Members
  • 3002 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

How much space does it take on the memory card? You're tempting me but I'm space poor at the moment....

Also, I assume the Gold pass is included in the digital download?

Tank oo

#56 Quexex

Quexex
  • Members
  • 5930 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

17 hours in, rank 14. 10000+ CR. one thing I don't understand is why I'm randomly chosen as a VIP every day. It's been about 6 on the trot now. Any ideas?

Aside from that, this is great fun, and really competitive online. Easily my most played Vita game so far.

You get the VIP for logging in on consecutive days. So if you play every day you will be a VIP everyday - easy money ;)

#57 U-1

U-1
  • Members
  • 9161 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Only just started to get back into this myself.. mainly thanks to this thread. Quick question, are Spot Races the main way to go for initially levelling up then? Still only Lvl 3 at the mo.

Have to say some of the races end up being pant wettingly close.. Its looking like the definite hidden gem amongst the Vita launch lineup!

#58 boxoctosis

boxoctosis
  • Members
  • 7833 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Only just started to get back into this myself.. mainly thanks to this thread. Quick question, are Spot Races the main way to go for initially levelling up then? Still only Lvl 3 at the mo.

Have to say some of the races end up being pant wettingly close.. Its looking like the definite hidden gem amongst the Vita launch lineup!

Spot races until level 7, then try online.

Seems a fast way to level up is to beat higher ranked ghosts - so if you know your time round a certain course, look for a high level ghost with a time you can beat. I've gone from 13 to 15 very quickly by cherry picking duff level 16 times.

#59 GENOME

GENOME
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

How much space does it take on the memory card? You're tempting me but I'm space poor at the moment....

Also, I assume the Gold pass is included in the digital download?

Tank oo

Mine is taking up 550mb with 3 extra tracks, 5 cars and 8 R4 music tracks.

#60 bm

bm
  • Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Just to clarify: we - UK Vita owners - only have four tracks at the moment, right? I can expect two more as part of my Gold Pass, plus there will be three more available through a Silver Pass (which aren't online yet either).

Sorry for being a dunce.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vita

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users