Action 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
976 replies to this topic

#241 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • Members
  • 10471 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yes it's more of the same because it's a bloody sequel, but it looks like it's a major evolution in gameplay mechanics

Posted Image

Posted Image

The lighting looks fucking nice too even with awful youtube video compression

#242 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28947 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Trailer with commentary:

http://kotaku.com/59...dium=socialflow

I'm under NDA, but trust me: Ubi is keeping its cards very close to its chest. :)

#243 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18078 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Can't watch it at work but is it still looking like 'British = Bad; America = FUCK YEAH!'?

Assassin’s Creed III “not about America ra ra”

The America of Assassin’s Creed III is a very different nation from the one you might have expected to see. For one thing, it’s England.

As part of its dedication to historical accuracy, Ubisoft Montreal is going to keep its distance from the stars-and-stripes patriotism which is often found in media focused on the country’s history.

“The truth of the matter is that America didn’t exist until 1783 and that’s when our game ends,” lead writer Matt Turner told OPM UK.

Prior to this date, the old world viewed America as a colony, and the battles fought there were part of a “civil war on foreign soil”. Protagonist Connor belongs to neither faction of the revolution, instead tackling the Templars, sworn enemies of the assassins, which draws some interesting parallels with the historical role of Native Americans in the war.

“At that point it’s not about American or English; it’s about English and English and that’s something we want to be very clear on,” Turner noted.

“It’s not about America ra ra, it’s about freedom and community and about how people are treated in that kind of a situation. And how they want to find their own identity. I think that’s something that’s universal to anybody.”

Maybe I'm being a bit controversial here, but it seems like the biggest issue with this game so far on this forum isn't that it's too 'America FUCK YEAH' but too anti-British...

#244 exwhyzed

exwhyzed
  • Members
  • 6027 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Vemsie is the biggest cock tease in the history of video games.

#245 Comrade

Comrade
  • Members
  • 13740 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit controversial here, but it seems like the biggest issue with this game so far on this forum isn't that it's too 'America FUCK YEAH' but too anti-British...

Where's that from?

#246 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18078 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Where's that from?

Sorry, forgot the link: link

#247 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18078 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm still trying to get him to come to a Dutch 'muk meet in a Begian beer cafe, it sounds like he's a veritable goldmine of info on every single game I'm looking forward to most. AC3, Hitman, Dishonered... all of them it's like "trust me it's good but yeah NDA" :P

#248 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28947 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I know. :( I can only talk about what has been shown to the press, of which this trailer is a very condensed overview. But all will be revealed in time. This is definitely not a lazy sequel.

I'm still trying to get him to come to a Dutch 'muk meet in a Begian beer cafe, it sounds like he's a veritable goldmine of info on every single game I'm looking forward to most. AC3, Hitman, Dishonered... all of them it's like "trust me it's good but yeah NDA" :P

Well, I know as much about Hitman as you I'm afraid. :)

#249 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18078 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well, I know as much about Hitman as you I'm afraid. :)

Oh in that case I won't pay for your beer :D

Seriously though, just saying that you think it looks good is more than enough confirmation for me :)

#250 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 12322 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Jesus, I would have never guessed blatant nationalism to run so deep in these forums. Especially when talking about games. It's taking ignorance and retardation to a whole new level.

#251 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • Members
  • 10471 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Having the main character fighting against British people in the 18th century doesn't make the game anti-British, in the same way playing an American solider in WW2 doesn't make the game anti-German

#252 K

K
  • Members
  • 21230 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

I only play games where you kill foreigners, so I'll be giving this a miss.

#253 Comrade

Comrade
  • Members
  • 13740 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

No one is worried about this game because you have to kill British people, they're worried about it it because there's a distinct chance it will be full of rah-rah American nationalism. You spent half of Assassins' Creed 1 killing the English and no one minded.

#254 Kayin Amoh

Kayin Amoh
  • Members
  • 3614 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

I hope it turns out Connor is a seriously deluded yet capable lunatic running around murdering random people in his way in 1980's New York, and he's simply convinced that the Brits are trying to take down America.

#255 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • Members
  • 10471 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

No one is worried about this game because you have to kill British people, they're worried about it it because there's a distinct chance it will be full of rah-rah American nationalism. You spent half of Assassins' Creed 1 killing the English and no one minded.

That's a worry of mine too, but in the above gameplay trailer I didn't hear the word "America" once, and at one point I believe Connor (who I assume is the narrator) says there are enemies on both sides of the war.

This combined with Gerbik's quote from an interview with the lead writer who says it's definitely not America ra ra makes me cautiously optimistic about it.

I will definitely agree that the marketing of the game at the moment is a bit too "America fuck yeah" though

#256 Chadruharazzeb

Chadruharazzeb
  • Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Never mind all the "Fuck yeah" stuff; where is the building-climbing, that's what I want to know..

#257 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28947 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Still there, but the buildings are less tall. You now climb trees and mountains.

#258 Pochacco

Pochacco
  • Members
  • 9412 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

http://gameolio.com/...dom-Edition.jpg

:D

#259 Soulstar

Soulstar
  • Members
  • 2462 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yeah £109 or something for that edition.

#260 Pochacco

Pochacco
  • Members
  • 9412 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

£79.99 from Ubisoft's website

#261 Snowman

Snowman
  • Members
  • 3680 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

As if the special edition situation wasn't ludicrous enough already:

A new digital version of Assassin's Creed 3 is available to pre-order from the EU PlayStation Store, priced £109.99.

Dubbed the "Gold Edition", the download includes Assassin's Creed 3, PlayStation Vita sister title Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and, a first for the series, a Season Pass.

Another version of the Gold Edition features everything but Liberation, presumably for gamers without a Vita. That costs £84.99.

Then there's a third version, with Liberation but without the Assassin's Creed 3 Season Pass, for those who may not want all the DLC. Again, that's £84.99.

All versions include A Dangerous Secret, the extra mission available with the GAME-exclusive Special Edition.

The introduction of a Season Pass is new to the Assassin's Creed series:

"Extend your Assassin's Creed experience with a Season Pass that gives you full access to all additional DLC upon release, including an exclusive discount on all upcoming digital content, additional single-player missions and additional multiplayer packages," a product description reads.

Source

The wording for the season pass is about as clear as mud but it seems it grants you 'full access' to something that you have to pay for anyway, albeit at a discounted price.

Bargain.

#262 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20901 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Joke. Considering not pre-ordering this now because it's a waste of money.

#263 Teeohbee

Teeohbee
  • Members
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

I'll probably go for the super limited excellent turbo bog-standard edition :D

#264 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20901 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

That's just it, it's even worse than Revelations. At the very least, there was one edition you could buy that contains everything. Here, you either fork out for the extra missions regardless of which one you buy or you wait for the complete version to hit 6 months later.

That's just it, it's even worse than Revelations. At the very least, there was one edition you could buy that contains everything. Here, you either fork out for the extra missions regardless of which one you buy or you wait for the complete version to hit 6 months later.

#265 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 107074 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

You spent half of Assassins' Creed 1 killing the English and no one minded.

(French)

#266 Judgement

Judgement
  • Members
  • 11749 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

£79.99 from Ubisoft's website

Still a tad much. I am fine with the game.

#267 Stanley

Stanley
  • Members
  • 15696 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

So 85 for a digital version of a game you'll be able to pick up physically (and therefore holding some risidual value) 30 at launch. 55 more for something they can't even offer a description of. The future is bright, the future is digital.

#268 Leccy

Leccy
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

If any of you are following the game's development, you probably saw a lot of the recent footage from Ubisoft at E3.

Starting with a simply gorgeous trailer

and a nice gameplay demo

There was also a trailer for some marketplace bollocking about on the WiiU

And to me at least a perplexing video of some ship action.

To me it looks very atmospheric so far. They seem to be maintaining the usual high standard of graphics and immersion. Stylistically the main character completely fits with the landscape and era while still maintaining the Assassin look.

The combat system still looks awful, if you are dispatching anything other than grunts with the ease at which the gameplay trailer shows then I will be very unimpressed, as 2 and Brotherhood (but admittedly not so much in Revelations) gave very little reason to engage in actual stealth and hiding mechanics when you can take out entire platoons with little trouble. I do like the idea of having to survive firing lines before attempting to melee, could add a nice dynamic to the game with some fast decision making to get into cover.

Couldn't care less about being ON A BOAT, side mission or not, it looks impressive but exceedingly dull to me. If they pull the usual Ubi crap with having me buying up towns and micromanaging assassins/ships, or having to spend more time on horseback and boats than actual stealth kills then I will probably demote this series to the part of my brain labelled "forget if you like".

Also I don't know how to embed videos, so if someone could point me in the direction to learn that, i'd be most obliged.

#269 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Ohhhhhh

Posted Image

Buy two of these and a white cape and hoodie, you too can be Ezio!

http://forbiddenplan...ore-da-firenze/

#270 Teeohbee

Teeohbee
  • Members
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

So a live action trailer, although light on the action.

Despite the fact I think the gameplay changes look great, the whole RISE UP and AMERICA FUCK YEAH! attitude shown off in the trailers is really bothering me. I'm not massively patriotic and this sort of thing has never bothered me in a game/movie/book before but I'm finding it a little grating here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Action, 360, PS3

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users