Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boxoctosis

Everybody's Golf (Vita) Clubhouse

240 posts in this topic

Have to say you should get the mic headset headphones, me and geldra were proper winding each other up which added to the fun.

Spreadsheet updated.

[u][b]The Friday Night Losers Cup is go![/b][/u]

8pm Tonight (Friday 24th), Animal Clubhouse>Tiger Floor>Lobby 3.

Pop your name down on the spreadsheet. See your there in your Pringle.

I was pretty happy with my performances last night. My putting was much better than usual. Still not great at it though. Had a frustratingly close chip in eagle attempt.

[quote name='Dandy_Sephy' timestamp='1330076599' post='8460684']
I was pretty happy with my performances last night. My putting was much better than usual. Still not great at it though. [b]Had a frustratingly close chip in eagle attempt.[/b]
[/quote]

Those moments are what makes the game for me, love it. Punch the air moments when you get a cheeky chip in.

The second round we played where the holes were normal sized after playing the first course with the oversized holes felt so much more difficult.

[quote name='Dave White' timestamp='1330072166' post='8460567']
Have to say you should get the mic headset headphones, me and geldra were proper winding each other up which added to the fun.
[/quote]

What's this? I had headphones on that had an inbuilt mic, should I have been able to speak to you two too? Two too to.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jJWFz.png[/img]

[quote name='supert3d' timestamp='1330078695' post='8460743']
What's this? I had headphones on that had an inbuilt mic, should I have been able to speak to you two too? Two too to.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jJWFz.png[/img]
[/quote]

Ah, had a party chat going, dunno if voice comms work 'in game' so to speak.

[quote name='supert3d' timestamp='1330082842' post='8460875']
That's really handy. So it works in the background then?

Going to try this out tonight.
[/quote]

Affirmative. Make sure you leave the Party app running in the background or else it'll kill the party comms (obv).

Basically works like party chat on the xbox.

[s]Anyone having problems with the second of the daily tournaments today? I'm hitting a Birdie and it tells me it's a Bogie. Just hit a Par and it said it was a Double Bogie.[/s]

:blink:

Auw jeeeeez, just been told why.

"[left]it's got special requirements - [/left][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]if you use power shot it's +2"[/left][/size][/font]

I might just have to get a copy of this so i can join the fun, i wonder where is the quickest/cheapest place to pick it up? Must start googling!

Is there a trick to this, I mean, I only just discovered the use of the D-Pad in conjunction with the shots. :ph34r:

[quote name='Bleeders' timestamp='1330094004' post='8461231']
Is there a trick to this, I mean, I only just discovered the use of the D-Pad in conjunction with the shots. :ph34r:
[/quote]
d-pad adds spin. press it at the moment of impact for top/side/back spin.
for super spin, go the opposite way when selecting power, then the normal way again at impact. but you need perfect impact for it to work.

I only really discovered spin today. Makes such a difference in some instances. I no longer run straight off the green on every hole for instance.

I do my :hmm: face when I land 3m away from the pin and it does a powerful backspin AWAY from the hole.

[attachment=30379:EBGphoto.jpg]

fucking hole 6!

[spoiler]this is totally a fluke, i'm normally shit[/spoiler]

Shit, well done that's impressive. I only managed a -2 on that one. These daily tournaments are brilliant!

I might be able to show up tonight - until my telly gets repaired or replaced I won't have much time for gaming on anything other than handhelds... :P

I got -9 on that, was well pleased.

FYI for new players:

[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super sidepsin left = Spiral shot - Hold left when setting shot power, then [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]hold right when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super sidepin right = Spiral shot - Hold right when setting shot power, then [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]hold left when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super backspin = Homing ball - Hold up when setting shot power, then hold down [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. A successful Homing ball [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]will strike the pin bounce off then strike again repeatedly. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super topspin = Rising ball - Hold down when setting shot power, then hold up [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. A successful Rising ball [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]will strike the pin roll up the pin and drop into the cup. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super high trajectory - Hold down when setting shot power, then hold down when [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super low trajectory - Hold up when setting shot power, then hold up when [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Fuddle' timestamp='1330094423' post='8461242']
d-pad adds spin. press it at the moment of impact for top/side/back spin.
for super spin, go the opposite way when selecting power, then the normal way again at impact. but you need perfect impact for it to work.
[/quote]

Earlier you press it , before imapct, the more you get. you can see how much by where the red dot/point of impact stops on the ball after you strike the shot.

Will try and get on for 3pm/8pm but may be difficult....bloody wk! ;)