XBLA Racing PC

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#31 The Eagle Lord

The Eagle Lord
  • Members
  • 1831 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

I got about 200,000 from the races did tonight...

How? I made barely 20k, but then i didn't come anywhere near the top like you.

#32 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11606 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Yeah, you get a fair bit more money from finishing higher up the field, you're probably barely covering your repairs if you finish quite low. Could be worth playing offline for a bit and winning some races against the AI for easier moneys, but yeah, it's definitely mainly challenges where the money's at. Things like completing class-E races or coming in the top three, etc, which you can complete online.

#33 Dimahoo

Dimahoo
  • Members
  • 41606 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Damn game or the update killed my box.

#34 MalevolentPanda

MalevolentPanda
  • Members
  • 18114 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Cheers for the races, guys. Really enjoyed it. Sorry I had to run off there but my girlfriend returned home and pointed out that there was water pouring down from the dining room ceiling because I'd left the bathroom tap running and overflow pipe has a blockage. Whoops.

#35 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11606 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Cheers for the races, guys. Really enjoyed it. Sorry I had to run off there but my girlfriend returned home and pointed out that there was water pouring down from the dining room ceiling because I'd left the bathroom tap running and overflow pipe has a blockage. Whoops.

"Milkstone have been asked for comment."

#36 smithstock

smithstock
  • Members
  • 5362 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Nice video that, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

#37 multiclunk

multiclunk
  • Members
  • 4249 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Just bought this on the strength of the posts in here. But fucking wow, its glorious. I've paid full on XBLA points for games that aren't even half as good as (or as polished) as this.

Only done about an hour in single player career mode (felt more like 10 minutes) but I'm hooked. Gonna have a go at some online now but looking at the time, I might be a bit lonely.

Got lots of room on my friends list if anyone wants to add multiClunk for future events. Small m capital C.

#38 KartoffelKopf

KartoffelKopf
  • Members
  • 2610 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

I was having some issues as well. Kept getting kicked out of the lobby, restarted my 360 a few times and got a black screen which I couldn't even quit to dash from. Might be the update or could LRS

#39 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

I was having some issues as well. Kept getting kicked out of the lobby, restarted my 360 a few times and got a black screen which I couldn't even quit to dash from. Might be the update or could LRS

I forgot about this, I was due to play Borderlands with some people but it cancelled and I could've been on here instead! Bah. Anyway, after the update I also got that black screen thing when trying to start up Borderlands (had to power off), so it's not LRS specific whatever it was.

#40 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11514 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

I got a bit of slowdown playing it...and then it got worse on another track and slowed the box right up.
Proper chugging and I turned off the box in fear that it was going to break - bios hock did the same to my first box.

I won't be playing this until there's an update/similar just in case. Sounds like a box killer :(

#41 The Eagle Lord

The Eagle Lord
  • Members
  • 1831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

had slow down for a few mintues but was only with LRS didnt effect either MGS HD or FFXIII2 and certainly didn't seem to kick up the problems everyone else seems to be having.

Anything on the games official forums regarding the matter?

#42 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57467 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

So how come this didnt get picked up for a full release on XBLA?

or am I getting mixed up and this isn't one of the Indie games.

#43 The Eagle Lord

The Eagle Lord
  • Members
  • 1831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

No your right this is an XBLIG, i think with a smidge more polish this could have been the next Trials if it had XBLA. But saying that i like the whole "underground hit" status of it, and it's titles like this that show how much talent is in XBLIG!

#44 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20860 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Colour me interested.

#45 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11606 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just bought the last car I needed, so I now have every car in the game and all the challenges are done, and I'm still playing!

#46 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5699 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

Racing stuff....

Thought I recognised the gamertag! Came on to post about the races I just had, this game is great.

I did have a total mare though, I sold the only car I had and had saved just enough to buy the Class C car I wanted, and then when I went to do a race there weren't any C class races listed and there were no online games running in class C either, so I was stuck with no way to make any money so I had to sell that car for half what I paid for it and go buy a Class D one and earn some cash again :(

All good now though, have cars for classes E, D, C and B.

The AI really puts up a good fight in this doesn't it, I've had some great battles both online and offline.

#47 toythatkills

toythatkills
  • Members
  • 11606 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

You could have hosted your own class-C race, surely?

#48 Cheeko

Cheeko
  • Members
  • 5699 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, there's not that many people playing though, I left it on for ages and no one joined, I figured it was just easier to sell the car.

#49 clumpyjamie

clumpyjamie
  • Members
  • 11181 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

I downloaded this today and started on the single player. I thought it was excellent considering the price. But disappointed you can't play it unless connected to live. My connection is flaky, which means I keep getting booted back to the title screen and sometimes dash mid-race. I had it lock up on me a few times too. Not sure if that's related. At the moment, as a result, I can't really be bothered to play it. Too much hassle if I get kicked out of every second race.

#50 klargon

klargon
  • Supporters
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

I've not had it lock up. Unfortunately, the mandatory Live connection isn't anything to do with the game - it's the case for all Indie games on XBL (you may already know that).

#51 Vimster

Vimster
  • Members
  • 8942 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Aye, it annoys me I can't play any downloadable games if my internet goes down (thanks, Virgin Media). I know they're doing it for piracy reasons but come on, surely they have the nous to sort this. I mean, I can play my Steam games offline fine.

#52 smithstock

smithstock
  • Members
  • 5362 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Amazing game this!

Myself, FuntimeDave and RickyDVT had a few races earlier, great fun. We need a 12 man rllmuk lobby some night.

#53 Hoodedclaw

Hoodedclaw
  • Members
  • 4342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

im also enjoying this far more then i thought i would add me for that 12 man lobby wont yea :)

#54 b00dles

b00dles
  • Members
  • 9465 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Add me up, I downloaded this on Saturday, only had a brief run around but it looked good. Did make me a bit worried for that new one by the chaps that made Wrecked as it's generally quite similar.

#55 Fry Crayola

Fry Crayola
  • Members
  • 19509 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

If there's a game happening this Thursday evening like last week, I'm there. Although I'm half tempted to restart my career to take advantage of the driver count update to 300.

#56 MW_Jimmy

MW_Jimmy
  • Supporters
  • 6737 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

If people want to do this Thursday then I'll update the OP.

The game update isn't happening this week now due to a bug, therefore can people try to make sure they have Class E and Class D cars so that they can join in.

#57 mrpranny

mrpranny
  • Members
  • 1739 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

C and B class too bitte! It may be carnage , but there are still tactics to it. I was playing a b class race last night and held back a bit to let the guy damage his car from trying to desperately stay ahead. Sure enough he slowed his car right down through damage and I just sailed past in the last 2 laps of 25. Endurance like this for about 100 laps would be amazing. Best Scalextric simulator ever!

#58 Fusty Gusset

Fusty Gusset
  • Supporters
  • 10578 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Best Scalextric simulator ever!

Sold.

#59 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3510 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

im also enjoying this far more then i thought i would add me for that 12 man lobby wont yea :)

Picked this up off the recommendation of smithstock. Cracking bit of fun. Be up for some 12 player carnage. If you are not beeping your horn when you cross the finish line then your position doesn't count.

#60 John0

John0
  • Members
  • 4437 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Skimmed the thread and don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet but I emailed the makers about the slowdown/freezing this morning and they replied practically immediately with...

As far as we know, the issue is related with P2P Lap times sharing. There's an option in the game settings to disable it. Pleasy try turning it off and see how it goes.

Anyway, bought this yesterday and loved it straight away. Would be up for some multiplayer sometime definitely, but can't do this thurs.

Also, agree with whoever said the AI was great. They're aggressive and make very human errors sometimes. Top stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBLA, Racing, PC

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users