Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SaintM

Champions League - Season 26

138 posts in this topic

rllmiukleaguebanner.gif

champions-league-trophy.jpg

Straight knock-out competition for the teams in The Premiership and The Championship. No seedings, no groupings - one 7 minute match. Cross your fingers for an easy ties and play!

THE RULES

* 7 Minute half matches.

* You play your opponent once only.

* If match ends in a draw, a replay will be required.

* If the replay ends in a draw, extra time and penalties will be played.

* Match arrangements should be made by posting in this thread. People are welcome to PM their opponent as well, but make sure you post here too so I can tell who has made the effort to get a game done (if it goes unplayed!).

IMPORTANT:

For this cup, the game must be set up in a certain way to allow extra-time and penalties.

Via the FIFA menus if you go to Xbox Live > Custom Game > Invite Party Member selecting the option for 'extra-time and penalties' if the game ends in a draw.

Matches are to be reported via the website. Please go there to check who you are playing and report the result of your match!

There will be no extensions. Matches are to be played and reported by 3pm on the day the window closes. Matches not reported will be resolved by me, using the available information in this thread to come up with a suitable outcome.

THE SCHEDULE

Pre-lim (Round 1):

Opens on 05/02/12

Closes on 19/02/12

2nd Round:

Opens on 19/02/12

Closes on 04/03/12

Quarter final:

Opens on 04/03/12

Closes on 18/03/12

Semi final:

Opens on 18/03/12

Closes on 01/04/12

Final:

Opens on 01/04/12

Closes on 15/04/12

The pre-lim round has been drawn and is live on the site. 8 random teams involved.

another bloody pre-lim round :facepalm: wow !

i've be dealt a bad blow in these cup comps, but never the less when you free to play mitch

Hey sith, when you want to play our match?

I'm free anytime after 7.45 today mate!

only just seen this mate. I can do now if you want?

add me on live: as in my name gamertag: seanfl9

Sporting through late

Took a late goal from Sporting Lisbon to enter the next round of the Champions League against a decent Valencia side. Valencia were definately a possession team and kept hold of the ball for big portions of the game however were unable to muster many great chances. 2 mins from time a deflected shot bounced back to the Sporting striker to stroke in an open goal and sneak the win.

Good game Graham, very laggy on my half so more than happy to sneak through. Good luck in the league etc.

Good game Sean.. Not much between the teams and certainly not a whole lot of clear cut chances! Can't argue with the defeat as I was poor in the final third - well done again and all the best. For the rest of the season mate

Pompey ( 4 - 3 ) Bleeders

No idea how Bleeders lost this in truth, really unlucky mate. He was 3-0 up at half time and cruising yet Spartak managed to grab four in the second half, two in the final three minutes...

Bleeders missed a load of great chances in the second half to kill the game too and played some lovely attacking football. At half time I put the letters 'LB' into his ear, and suddenly his defenders were no where to be seen.

Cheers mate, need to sort my shitty connection out. Good luck in the league.

Cheers mate, a game of two halves to be fair - and you battered me in the second half. :lol:

No idea where my CB went though... :sherlock:

Palermo Ponder Poor Performance!

post-21062-0-60328100-1328960708.jpg

Mitch(Udinese) 4 - 1 (Palermo) richmac

Di Natale 21, 90 mins Hernandez 68mins

Pinzi 76mins

Flora Flora 90mins

This game was more open than the scoreline suggest, but what I'm beginning to find out with this team is that they crumble in the final third of the game. Take no credit away from Mitch he was a deserved winner! Cant remember much about this game but it was all end to end action and 2 goals in the 90 min says it all!

CFTG pal and best of luck for the rest of the cup, this is a new low for me out in the Pre-lim round :facepalm: wow!

All 1st round matches played on time!

The next round has been drawn. All matches to be played and reported by 3pm on Sunday 04 March.

Sith - tonight, Mon, Tues or Wed any good? Could also do after BAP Thurs if that works for you?

When ever mate, any night after 8.30 usually. Any time suit you better?

Have league games at 9 tonight, could do after those, say 10pm?

Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe....what a tasty tie this is "setup" to be!

I hate you, you hate me, I'm going to kick you in the face with Kallstromeeee?

When do you want to play? I am sure your free every weekday from 1.30pm till 1.30am, but as I actually have a job, I am unable to give such an open schedule for these games, currently I am free Mon, Tue or Wed at around 9.00pm - 10.00pm?

Let me know.

x x x x x x

Sith - tonight, Mon, Tues or Wed any good? Could also do after BAP Thurs if that works for you?

I'm free from now, or sametime tomorrow?