Photo

RLLMUK Classic Roadsports - Signup/ Discussion Final Meeting Apr 23rd!

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#91 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

You're entirely welcome to try my tune, such as it is.

#92 pjedi

pjedi
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

Just watched Race 1 back and the Golf is definitely hammered on starts and top speed - BladeRunner and Meatball were pulling 5 to 7mph more down the back straight compared to me and Badger topping out around 115mph

Second race where I placed lower was arguably more fun, had a nice little dice with dudley and balham going on where in race 1 it was a good bit of back and forth with Sharkey until he bought it at turn 1 (balham I think) so I ended up hot lapping trying to catch badger (which as we were = lap time on the same car wasnt going to close any gaps) and stay in front of a damaged but competitive bladerunner

I need my tunes to even be mid pack unless I can pick up on mistakes! As BladeRunner said he tried a base tune but it didnt suit his driving style and that cost seconds per lap for him. I like to run neat consistent laps even if ultimately they aren't the fastest but thats no help when the front runners are 2s a lap faster and equally consistent.

So yeah it looks like I do take it seriously and still dont get the result!

#93 RFT

RFT
  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

The DeLorean's got potential (it has so much grip in the turns) - and the rear engine means has great traction out of them, but it lacks top-end quite a lot. the three/four way battle in race 2 with me, dudley, and Jedi that balham then got involved with was awesome.

#94 wev

wev
  • Members
  • 5913 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

My Toyota is awesome in corners, mostly because its so slow that I don't need to brake... :P

Seriously though, going to see if I can alter its acceleration as once it gets going its fine, that fast right hander before the chicane last night I'd always close a gap, it was just exiting every other bloody corner.

#95 RFT

RFT
  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Results/ Standings:

race 1:
  • Meatball46
  • Badger Gravling
  • Pjeedai
  • Blade Runner
  • SharkyOB
  • Dudley
  • Beezerly
  • Dimahoo
  • RichXm655
  • Wev
  • BalhamBadger
Race 2:
  • Blade Runner
  • Meatball46
  • Badger Gravling
  • Beezerly
  • SharkyOB
  • Pjeedai
  • RichXm655
  • Dudley
  • Wev
  • Boozy the Clown
  • Dimahoo
  • BalhamBadger
Standings:
  • Blade Runner 112
  • Pjeedai 88
  • Beezerly 84
  • Meatball46 82
  • Badger Gravling 78
  • SharkyOB 74
  • BalhamBadger 66
  • Wev 54
  • RichXm655 54
  • Kurzheck 32
  • Dudley 32
  • Boozy the Clown 28
  • Dimahoo 22
Blade Runner pulling clear, but a 3-way dogfight for seond.

#96 Badger

Badger
  • Members
  • 9899 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Results/ Standings:
Blade Runner pulling clear, but a 3-way dogfight for seond.

It's gonna be a 4-way fight shortly...

Good racing last night, even if it all ended up a bit quiet for me - two reasonable starts despite the glacial speed of the Golf, two clean first corners, and then just trying to run consistent to the flag, knowing that Bladerunner and Meatball were both quicker, but doing what I could...

The Golf wouldn't have been my first choice but despite the lack of speed, it's definitely a consistent little thing - it'd do better with more laps and a bigger field to have more opportunities for mistakes to profit from. I don't think it'd take much to get it shifting a little faster, but who knows...

Looking forward to jumping back in the Merc though :)

#97 Badger

Badger
  • Members
  • 9899 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Piccies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Incidentally, if anyone is uploading their Forza pics to Flickr, bung 'em into this group http://www.flickr.co...ps/1622575@N20/

#98 Dimahoo

Dimahoo
  • Members
  • 41710 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Urrgh. Whats with all these white cars?

#99 wev

wev
  • Members
  • 5913 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Didnt the paint job load on my Toyota? (admittedly its white and blue)

#100 pjedi

pjedi
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Banned Modifications
Wheel Rim Diameter
Racing or Drag Slick tyres.
Aerodynamic upgrades that are not simply bumper removal.
Racing Gearbox
Conversions: Engine, Drivertrain

Permitted Modifications
Everything else, including turbo charger conversions.

including turbo charger conversions and supercharger conversions?

badger wanted moar power on the golf and s/c is the only way to do it within PI (but means its proper heavy and on std tyres)

#101 RFT

RFT
  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yes, supercharger is OK. there's at least one car that comes stock with a supercharger (the wedge MR2)

#102 RFT

RFT
  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

The new DLC pack will add one new car to the eligibility list - the Alfa Romeo GTV-6.

#103 Badger

Badger
  • Members
  • 9899 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

including turbo charger conversions and supercharger conversions?

badger wanted moar power on the golf and s/c is the only way to do it within PI (but means its proper heavy and on std tyres)

And a weight distribution of about 90% front no doubt?

#104 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yes, supercharger is OK. there's at least one car that comes stock with a supercharger (the wedge MR2)

And multiple that come with turbos, including the new triplet of Renault 5 entrants.

#105 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Urrgh. Whats with all these white cars?

I kinda view this series as the "cheap" one, so there's no livery just "Stickers on the car", whereas in the Touring cars we're running a full "wrap".

#106 pjedi

pjedi
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

I kinda view this series as the "cheap" one,

I dunno i think the OP has it right, spent way more time in car selection and have to be way more precise on lines and gearing in C class
the A class is fun but the extra power means you can take liberties on lines and set up
the C class means you need to get it ALL right or you are trailing and the mid pack battles go on all race where in A class you get a couple of laps then someone loses it big, C class you lose tenths and drop back, gain tenths to catch back up so concentration and consistency are higher for longer

I mainly dont paint cars at all, paint them plain white with a race stripe so i recognise them more quickly when scrolling through. The only cars I have liveried at all are for these championships and I spent the most time on the Golf (the slow little bugger)

#107 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Oh I don't disagree with any of that but I'd imagine if you actually entered both and they were real, the other series would have a much higher budget and so these cars are just stock with stickers rather than liveried up.

Just me :)

#108 pjedi

pjedi
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

if you want to see some drama and close racing the 355 race at Bernese alps is mint

#109 Badger

Badger
  • Members
  • 9899 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Not sure Tsukuba is going to help me or Pjeedai.

Only hope is an amazing qualifying performance, getting into turn 1 first and then blocking the hell out of everyone down the straight, which is a bit unlikely... Or Bladerunner/Meatball banging doors for 14 laps....

Still, maybe I can close the gap on my 'team-mate' Golf.

#110 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

I thought Tsukuba might be my track but it seems at the ring I'd inadvertently got a high top speed, slightly shoddy handling 5 which is the exact opposite of how I thought the car would turn out relative to the field.

If I care tear myself away from ME3 I'm going to have to do some testing on this one.

#111 pjedi

pjedi
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Well it's my birthday so I fully expect you all to gift me the wins - which I will need as the golf is not well suited to this track.
Or at least I am not - Tsukuba is a track I enjoy but never do that well at

#112 Badger

Badger
  • Members
  • 9899 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Well it's my birthday so I fully expect you all to gift me the wins - which I will need as the golf is not well suited to this track.
Or at least I am not - Tsukuba is a track I enjoy but never do that well at

Congrats on your 50th...

Will you be hiring some of the ladies from Angels to come and dance around you post-race?

#113 pjedi

pjedi
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Will you be hiring some of the ladies from Angels to come and dance around you post-race?

No but the wife has volunteered to be my grid girl* and thats better as touching is definitely allowed

* she will mostly be supporting me by watching Scott and Bailey in the other room

#114 RFT

RFT
  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

everyone good for tonight?

DeLorean feels good round here. that rear-engine traction really helps with the hairpins.

#115 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm in. Running a warm up now in fact.

#116 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Oh dear, 2 seconds off Dim's 5. This is going to need some work.

#117 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 17856 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Ok, that's all but 3 tenths found.

#118 wev

wev
  • Members
  • 5913 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm in, done no running and my car was already rather shite. Yay!

#119 Boozy The Clown

Boozy The Clown
  • Members
  • 13198 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

Contestant Ready!

#120 Meatball

Meatball
  • Supporters
  • 4700 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:51 PM