Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RFT

RLLMUK Classic Roadsports - Signup/ Discussion Final Meeting Apr 23rd!

222 posts in this topic

The "lower", but my no means "lesser" of the two "historic" championships is the Roadsports Cup.

These cars are quick enough to be fun, but not overwhelming, and give rise to close racing.

This is for any car dated in the game between 1973 and 1993 that can be tuned to C425. this includes almost every possible layout (FF, FR, MR, 4WD) body style and general type of car, from lightweights such as the lotus Esprit up to the insane GMC syclone pickup truck.

Technical regulations:

PI Limit: C425

Mandatory Modifications

Race Roll Cage

Banned Modifications

Wheel Rim Diameter

Racing or Drag Slick tyres.

Aerodynamic upgrades that are not simply bumper removal.

Racing Gearbox

Conversions: Engine, Drivertrain

Permitted Modifications

Everything else, including turbo charger conversions.

Schedule:

13/02/2012 - Catalunya - Medium - 2x 8 Laps

27/02/2012 - Nurburgring GP - Short - 2x 8 Laps

12/03/2012 - Tsukuba - Long - 2x 14 laps

26/03/2012 - Infineon - Long - 2x 8 laps

09/04/2012 - Maple Valley - Short - 2x 20 laps

Championship Points system:

30-26-24-22-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1

Car swaps permitted, though each swap carries a penalty of 25% of your scored points to date.

Entries already received:

RFT

Kurzheck

McSpeed

Karzee

Dudley

Badger Gravling

PJeedai

Beezerly

Boozy

SkarkyOB

Balhambadger

Bladerunner

Dimahoo

Add BadgerGravling and Pjeedai.

Still chopping and changing between car choices though - just too much to choose from!

Afraid I can't make the first meeting due to work (have to do a report on a simracing event, for fuck's sake!), but I'm not pulling out entirely yet. Will keep you updated on making the next meetings.

Both Pjeedai and Bladerunner would like to take part... I've sent Bladerunner a link to rllmuk so he can sign up, too...

Just confirming my #16 MR2

sOQob.jpg

Didn't tbe old forum software dynamically resize images>

Ok I am on here guys. Now hold my hand and show me where I need to sign up. Cheers!

Ok I am on here guys. Now hold my hand and show me where I need to sign up. Cheers!

Wahey - 3 of the ORDC in the motherhandholding house....

:)

Ok here is my C class car guys. She's an Old one but a good one #12. LOL!!!

http://OldLancia.jpg

Nice!

Still trying to decide on a car - almost confirmed with a Pontiac Fiero, then @Pjeedai came up with a really nice Golf tune....

Aaaargh.

Still in on this btw, still no idea what I'm running.

Hi all, looking for forward to race 1 tomorrow.

I managed to get a pretty cool livery from the storefront (I can't paint), the artiste recommended using some non-standard bumpers as in the pic below. These both increase drag and add weight so as they don't really add any performance benefit is it ok to include them? Fine to take them off if not.

The paint is apparently a replica of an 80s Steve Soper BTCC drive and looks the biz IMO.

post-22620-0-66658100-1329083479_thumb.j

I am ready as well. (I hope LOL), I am going to try and use the same car for all courses to avoid the 25% penalty.

Sorry, No Non-Standard Aero Parts (apart from removing bumpers where available), no exceptions.

Basically, Just because the PI calculation doesn't change doesn't mean there's no benefit. it's always been bad at dealing with downforce changes.

Won't be there tonight, really need to do some running for an iRacing event on Friday.

Also

4133943688_4e6f520819_b.jpg

No worries, I will change it back tonight.

Awesome paintjob though :)

Turns out Team ORD will be changing their choice of car for tonight - I've been frantic at work, so left the car decision to Pjeedai. Which means after trying the Saab, Mustang, etc, we had pretty much settled on the Pontiac Fiero. Until last night when Pjeedai tested a Supra.

So we're going with the VW Golf...

Should be interesting to try and get a quick practice tonight with a car I've never driven!

How bad does it look with the body kit off? I'd be happy to do you a version that fits better on the stock bodywork - Looking at that one, i've already got 90% of the vinyls needed, and BMW text is just the standard Forza Arialveltica-type font anyway.

I think it's just a few of the minor sponsor logos that are obscured with the standard kit on but it's nothing major so no need to worry. Thanks for the offer though, very kind of you.

8.30 - My son goes to bed at 8, so can't really go sooner.

I'm going to be late as my relief can't get in early. Okay if i join for the second event?

Confirming my entry and attendance for this eve.

Racing with #46 please.

I may be able to make up numbers tonight but can't guaruntee I'll be there for every event. Consider me a privateer if you will :P

My Celica Supra did alright considering I chucked it together in 25 minutes!

My Silvia was pretty decent too considering I just threw some bits at it and didn't tweak any settings, mostly cause I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but still it drives nice.

I didn't help myself by spinning out in the chicane half way round the lap in the first race dropping from fourth or fifth to tenth. Had some good battles and worked my way back up to sixth, sneaking past Badger coming out of the final corner on the last lap.

Race two was going ok, made it to lap six and was in the lead group in fourth position and having some good close racing and then get disconnected :(

I liked all the Rossi stuff that was on your car :)