• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Bleeders

Bleeders
  • Supporters
  • 6609 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

This thread is for use by members of League One.

It is to be used as a 'home point' for discussion with your fellow league members.

Managers / Current Table / Fixtures / Results

Your admin is Mitchell

#################
Important Information
#################

Please read the 1v1 League thread for a general outline of the league.

* The full rules can be found HERE. You must abide by these, so read them!
* You are responsible for arranging to play your home match.
* All match arrangements should be made via fixture notes on the website.
* If a match has not been played during the initial fixture week, it should be arranged and a note added to the fixture via the website to ensure the admin staff are aware of your arrangements. If a match passes the fixture week without being played and does not have a note attached it will be deemed a foul offence.
* You are free to play games early. Results added to the site will be automatically revealed on the fixture date. You should not post anything that might indicate the results before the fixture date (this includes match reports, hints etc). The rules lay out the repercussions for doing this.
* You should enter your results on the website. If you have issues with the website contact SaintM.
* You must use the latest squads for all rllmuk league games. Ensure you have correctly applied any official squad update. Any modifications including LIVE SEASON are not permitted. You can turn live season off in the game settings. Repercussions include a warning, points deductions and being removed from the league if you use an outdated or custom squad file.
* You must use TACTICAL DEFENDING controls for all rllmuk league games. It's the default setting so don't panic if you haven't changed anything. The LEGACY DEFENDING control setting is not permitted. The use of CUSTOM FORMATIONS are not permitted either. Repercussions include a warning, points deductions and being removed from the league if you are found to have broken this rule.

Any changes wot the league format or rules will be announced in the Steering Group thread.

* If you have a question regarding the rules, or any other aspect of the league please contact your admin or post in the League Discussion & Feedback thread.

Most important of all, the main aim of this league is to have fun so lets keep it friendly and everyone will enjoy it!

#2 MardiganX

MardiganX
  • Members
  • 2543 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Great stuff Bleeders!

Delighted to see I only have to wait 2 weeks to face off againts Pants :) looking forward to getting things started lads and if anyone fancies some friendlies to try out some teams or get praccy in once the teams are decided just give me a shout.

#3 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4131 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

LADS.

Opening statement of Enthsuastic optimism regarding fun ahead.
Complementary statement of concern over others Fifa prowess.
Jovial statement regarding the wit and piss-taking skills of other divisional participants and the subsequent banter.

Hilarious suggestion that lone random member is excluded from both above parameters - eg they are shit and dull. Let's say... The Grand Pursuviant.

Winky smiley.

#4 The Grand Pursuivant

The Grand Pursuivant
  • Members
  • 12645 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Pants.

Don't make me post that video I don't have of you wearing a dress and singing Neil Diamond's 'Lady In Red' to a confused Asian family in Trafalgar Square.

#5 PeteBrant

PeteBrant
  • Members
  • 18390 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Kirky in the first fixture for me. We had two draws last season, be interesting to see how it pans out with better teams.
I'm also hoping pants no longer has a burning desire for retribution since I pipped him for second as we both got promoted.

#6 The Grand Pursuivant

The Grand Pursuivant
  • Members
  • 12645 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Kirky in the first fixture for me. We had two draws last season, be interesting to see how it pans out with better teams.
I'm also hoping pants no longer has a burning desire for retribution since I pipped him for second as we both got promoted.

You're the only person in this league I've beaten. I await relegation with stoicism and a general feeling of inevitable inevitability.

#7 PeteBrant

PeteBrant
  • Members
  • 18390 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

You're the only person in this league I've beaten. I await relegation with stoicism and a general feeling of inevitable inevitability.

I'm quite surprised at that. You started last season like a train. If you can keep that level up I think you'll be right up there come the end. You were certainly one of my tougher opponents last time round. I'll be happy with mid table obscurity but I also fear relegation beckons.

#8 harbey

harbey
  • Members
  • 2170 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Wow! Thought I was going to be relegated from L2 last season and end up in L1! That Pools Panel did wonders :D

My team selection is in - can't wait to see who I get! No one else picked Wednesday did they? ;)

#9 MardiganX

MardiganX
  • Members
  • 2543 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

And the lord said... let there be goals!!
Attached File  RVP 1.jpg   73.6KB   0 downloads

#10 kiko kylz

kiko kylz
  • Members
  • 1492 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

MARSEILLE KEEP IT ALL IN THE FAMILY.....
Posted Image

Following on from the shocking news of the departure of manager Bleeders, Marseille continued to rock the footballing world today, by recruiting brother Kiko kylz from his position at Brazilian side Santos.

Kiko commented;

"I've had two successful seasons at Santos, but I believe its time now to move to pastures new. Bleeders recommended that this Marseille side are on the up, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming season".

Marseille striker Remy quipped;

"He obviously got the looks!"

#11 The Grand Pursuivant

The Grand Pursuivant
  • Members
  • 12645 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Pick Lille for Hazard and Sou.

Find out Sou was sold to Galatasaray two days ago.

:doh:

#12 kirky72

kirky72
  • Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hello all div one guys, some interesting picks with us promoted conference guys getting some of the better teams it might give us a fair chance and level the playing field.

A bit gutted at being 4th pick, really wanted inter or Arsenal but suspected they would be picked by the top 3 and wanted to make sure of juve which i thought to be 3 best of the left overs, but close to the red scousers. The prem guys had some odd picks though and 3 sides i had presumed i would end up with were picked by them at the expense of inter, liverpool, arsenal and juve.

Ive never tried juve before but after a few games now I am eager to get the season started, no major superstars but very well balanced.

bring it on Peterb, when are kicking off.

Ps whos going to start the predictions going?

#13 MardiganX

MardiganX
  • Members
  • 2543 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Fuck sake... I had a big prediction post all drawn up and my browser crashed, nonsese. The experience has allowed me to gather my thoughts and now my only prediction is......

Attached File  RVP target.jpg   345.86KB   0 downloads

Lets make it happen lads :)

Seriosuly though, I expect Kirky, Petebrant, Pants and Kiko to be right in about the promotion chase along with myself hopefully. All solid players who are capable of some great stuff on thier day. Kiko gets the nod due to his bloodline. His brother seems to a bogey player for me so I expect Kiko to be equally tough to play.

The rest of you boys I dont think I have yet had the please of playing but I am looking forward to it. Lets make it a cracking season lads.

RVP

RVP

RVP

RVP!!

#14 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4131 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

I reluctantly decided to ignore Inter and Arsenal, feeling that Mardgan and Pete would snap them up.

Really gave a good long think to Juve, but in the end the brutal Napoli front line won me over.

Man it's going to be a tight league. There's some real class players in here and thanks in part to getting right royaly pwned by Mardigan the other day, I'm feeling the pressure. I'm gonna gave to have a ponder on my predictions I think, there's definitely no stand out best player.

So then chaps, for the coming season, anyone fancy a goal of the week competition?

#15 MardiganX

MardiganX
  • Members
  • 2543 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Goal of the week is a great shout Pants. Provided you dont keep scoring goals like the one you did against me with Aguero the other night ;)

#16 kiko kylz

kiko kylz
  • Members
  • 1492 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

My prediction??

Posted Image

Pain......

#17 PeteBrant

PeteBrant
  • Members
  • 18390 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Juventus (Kirky) 0 v 0 Inter (PeteBrant)

A very very tight game with Juventus having the better of it with the clearer cut chances, and to be honest probably should have one but for some last ditch defending. A draw was no surprise though, this being the third on the trot between myself and Kirky.

Inter (PeteBrant) 2 v 3 Juventus (Kirky)

A far more open game with again Juve having the lions share of chances. Inter opened the scoring with a Forlan hitting a low volley from a near post cross. Juve replies from the kick off to make it 1-1. When Inter went 2-1 up I felt confident that my defence would hold out for the win. However, a very poor pass straight to a Juve player on the edge of the Inter box resulted in the game going to 2-2. Before the Inter defence inexplicably allowed the Juve midfield to run at them unimpeded before a low 20 yard effort placed into the bottom corner made it 3-2 .

Two good games. Kirky is in good form again this season. For my part I was slightly dissapointed, I felt I could have at least got a draw from the second game, but two sloppy mistakes cost me, and kirky will punish you if you let him.

Well played and good luck for the rest of the season.

#18 kirky72

kirky72
  • Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Juventus (Kirky) 0 v 0 Inter (PeteBrant)

A very very tight game with Juventus having the better of it with the clearer cut chances, and to be honest probably should have one but for some last ditch defending. A draw was no surprise though, this being the third on the trot between myself and Kirky.

Inter (PeteBrant) 2 v 3 Juventus (Kirky)

A far more open game with again Juve having the lions share of chances. Inter opened the scoring with a Forlan hitting a low volley from a near post cross. Juve replies from the kick off to make it 1-1. When Inter went 2-1 up I felt confident that my defence would hold out for the win. However, a very poor pass straight to a Juve player on the edge of the Inter box resulted in the game going to 2-2. Before the Inter defence inexplicably allowed the Juve midfield to run at them unimpeded before a low 20 yard effort placed into the bottom corner made it 3-2 .

Two good games. Kirky is in good form again this season. For my part I was slightly dissapointed, I felt I could have at least got a draw from the second game, but two sloppy mistakes cost me, and kirky will punish you if you let him.

Well played and good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers Pete

i wish i could take more chances, i was going mental in the first game at the missed headers, there must have been 4 or 5 unmarked with the keep er to beat, one just wide, one which your keeper saved and fell to a totally unmarkerd palyer only to nod into an empty goal and somehow got it over. Then teh last corner of the game I won a clean heaer and crashed it into teh deck and it bounced agonisingly over the bar. Gutted.

It took me a while to settle in the second, the San Siro forces a shit camera setting on everybody so i had to get rid of taht and then realised my standard formation and perseonel had been bypassed so had to keep fiddlinga nd make 3 change in the first half. you struggle to check the forwrad options and cant see enough behind to cover teh runners with thsoe crazy camera angles. I would change them if I was you unless youve got used to it tehn it may prove to be an advantage instead.

Good tight games, I was gutted at not winning the first but you had plenty of the ball just not many chances so Ive got to be happy with 4 points on the balance of play and one of the contenders out of the way.

Good luck with your others.

running stats.
Elia 1
Krazic 1
Centre half 1 9cant recall his name I will correct when I do).

John

#19 RickyDVT

RickyDVT
  • Members
  • 2696 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Cheers Pete

i wish i could take more chances, i was going mental in the first game at the missed headers, there must have been 4 or 5 unmarked with the keep er to beat, one just wide, one which your keeper saved and fell to a totally unmarkerd palyer only to nod into an empty goal and somehow got it over. Then teh last corner of the game I won a clean heaer and crashed it into teh deck and it bounced agonisingly over the bar. Gutted.

It took me a while to settle in the second, the San Siro forces a shit camera setting on everybody so i had to get rid of taht and then realised my standard formation and perseonel had been bypassed so had to keep fiddlinga nd make 3 change in the first half. you struggle to check the forwrad options and cant see enough behind to cover teh runners with thsoe crazy camera angles. I would change them if I was you unless youve got used to it tehn it may prove to be an advantage instead.

Good tight games, I was gutted at not winning the first but you had plenty of the ball just not many chances so Ive got to be happy with 4 points on the balance of play and one of the contenders out of the way.

Good luck with your others.

running stats.
Elia 1
Krazic 1
Centre half 1 9cant recall his name I will correct when I do).

John

The worrying thing is, you email your customers with the same shitty typo's in emails, and your responsible for bringing in £6,000,000+ this year! Your spelling is worse than Tommy's!

#20 kirky72

kirky72
  • Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

The worrying thing is, you email your customers with the same shitty typo's in emails, and your responsible for bringing in £6,000,000+ this year! Your spelling is worse than Tommy's!

Its not that worrying, I have an auto spell check which is well used, as I type so quick I make loads of spelling mistakes, not the wrong letters but they tend to be in the wrong order or the spacing is allfuck edu p!

Cant be arsed spell checking or slowing down on here.

Thanks for the practice games though Ricky it takes me a good few games to get into it so it paid off with the inevitable draw to start with whilst I suss the opposition out and then follow up with teh threee pointer!

PS Keep your nose out of here, its not for you higher leaguers, especially when you should be working!

#21 Wincho

Wincho
  • Supporters
  • 9726 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

:facepalm:

#22 RickyDVT

RickyDVT
  • Members
  • 2696 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

:doh:

#23 MardiganX

MardiganX
  • Members
  • 2543 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Psssst Harbey... when we getting our games played man? Sent you a note on the website but not heard a peep from you. RVP is getting impatient. You dont want to rile him before these games ;)

#24 Big Gus

Big Gus
  • Members
  • 19652 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

I played my first games vs Pants tonight. It seems last seasons tedium of threatening to score while never having the cutting edge to actually hit the back of net and defending fairly stoutly at the other end and not giving much away resulting in rather boring games may well continue this season.

Pants (Napoli) 0 - 0 (Porto) Big Gus
Big Gus 0 - 1 Pants

I defended pretty well and only a very cute lofted through ball and finish from Pants in game 2 brought a spark to this encounter. Apart from one effort when I rattled the post these games must have been murder for the neutral fan to watch. This was my first foray with the Porto side due to doing my team selection on a strictly "back of a fag packet" basis, I quite like the shape they play in the default settings but I still predict several weeks of swearing at a frontman who runs close to the wing player with the ball instead of going to the 6 yard box to finish a cross.

Pleasure chatting Pants, all the best in the rest of your campaign.

#25 harbey

harbey
  • Members
  • 2170 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Psssst Harbey... when we getting our games played man? Sent you a note on the website but not heard a peep from you. RVP is getting impatient. You dont want to rile him before these games ;)

Sorry fella, I'm away from home on some family business at the mo. should be back mid weekish, but I can't say for sure. Will keep you updated.

#26 MardiganX

MardiganX
  • Members
  • 2543 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Sorry fella, I'm away from home on some family business at the mo. should be back mid weekish, but I can't say for sure. Will keep you updated.

No worries man.

#27 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Posted Image Pants McSkill (0 - 0) Big Gus Posted Image

Posted Image Big Gus (0 - 1) Pants McSkill Posted Image

All the ladies say heeeyyy-oooohhhh,

Here we are with our first games of the season,
Only one goal? What was the reason?
Were Gus's thumbs broken or disabled?
Did Pants accidentally have manual passing enabled?

Well rather than focus on getting the ball in the onion bag,
the chaps would rather have a beer and a chin-wag,
Sitting back in their chairs, more Zen than the Dalai Lama,
Having a good old laugh and fucking off any drama.

Gussy hit the post and Pants' long ranger came close,
The skills were lacking but the banter was verbose,
Goal-less in the first and the second looking messy
Until Pants scored a beauty that made the ladies scream 'LAVEZZI!'

1-0 it finished. Tough on Big Gus,
although the stats will claim we both parked the bus.
You could say it was dull with point-two-five goals per half,
Fuck the haters say us, it was proper game for a laugh.

#28 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3510 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image Pants McSkill (0 - 0) Big Gus Posted Image

Posted Image Big Gus (0 - 1) Pants McSkill Posted Image

All the ladies say heeeyyy-oooohhhh,

Here we are with our first games of the season,
Only one goal? What was the reason?
Were Gus's thumbs broken or disabled?
Did Pants accidentally have manual passing enabled?

Well rather than focus on getting the ball in the onion bag,
the chaps would rather have a beer and a chin-wag,
Sitting back in their chairs, more Zen than the Dalai Lama,
Having a good old laugh and fucking off any drama.

Gussy hit the post and Pants' long ranger came close,
The skills were lacking but the banter was verbose,
Goal-less in the first and the second looking messy
Until Pants scored a beauty that made the ladies scream 'LAVEZZI!'

1-0 it finished. Tough on Big Gus,
although the stats will claim we both parked the bus.
You could say it was dull with point-two-five goals per half,
Fuck the haters say us, it was proper game for a laugh.

Attached File  Pants Pam.jpg   2.65KB   1 downloads

#29 PeteBrant

PeteBrant
  • Members
  • 18390 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Benfica (Cary Brown) 1-0 Inter (PeteBrant)

A game of two halves this one. Benfica came out the block flying and by half time had created around 15 chances to Inters 1. Then in the second half, Inter started to find some sort of form and managed to create a further 9 opportunities, but were utterly flummoxed in front of goal thanks to the some find last ditch defending by Benfica. On balance a dserved win for Benfica given their utter dominance in the first half.

Inter (PeteBrant) 3-2 Benfica (Cary Brown)

Benfica started the game well, creating a few chances and playing a high pressure game. his time though Inter managed to weather the storm better, and started to create some chances of their own Half time Inter went in 1-0 and made it 2 shortly after the break. Benfica pulled one back with a fine bullet header from the edge of the area, but Inter regained a 2 goal cushion courtesy of a volley from Cambiaso. Benfica then piled on the pressure and made it 3-2. on 84 mins, but it turned out to be a little too late as Inter held on for the win.

Hopefully this will be the springboard Inter need to start getting some results. Last season showed that putting together string of results can shoot you up the league. But it's going to be tough if Cary is typical of the quality in this league.

Well played to Cary and good luck for the rest of the season.

#30 kiko kylz

kiko kylz
  • Members
  • 1492 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

GIG-NAC...NAC-ATTACK...GIG-NAC....NAC-ATTACK!

Posted Image
Gignac spent the evening tormenting the Reds backline

Posted Image kiko kylz (6 - 1) gingerling Posted Image
Remy 20', 61'____________Carroll 34'
Gignac 36' 42' 55'
A. Ayew 90'

Following Marseilles shock early cup exit from the Europa, gaffer Kiko changed up the formation, and took a chance on Andre-Pierre Gignac to lead the line. The french cup winners didn't take long to get started, settling into the match by carving a half chance out via Remy. Reina made a flurry of early saves to keep the Reds on level terms. Though the inevitable finally happened when Gignac played in Remy, who could curl the ball around Reina. Marseille almost doubled their lead immediately with Valbuena rattling the crossbar from 25 yards. Liverpool focus of attacking was own the left flank via Downing, and with Morrel lapsing in his defensive duties, Downing crossed for Andy Carroll to power his header home on 34'. The lead lasted all of 2 minutes when Gignac received a fortuitous bounce off Agger, and powered his way through to roll the ball under the oncoming Reina. Gignac doubled his tally shortly after with an arrowed shot nestling in the bottom corner just before the break.

Marseille continued as they left off with Gignac and co. getting in behind the Liverpool backline, but for some excellent challenges by Carragher and co. defensively Marseille managed to keep Carroll and Suarez at arms length, reducing the scousers to long range shooting. Ayew made the most of a quick break by breaking down the left and crossing for Gignac to head home his hat-trick. It was then Remy's turn to notch up another goal, with Valbuena's powerful strike rebounding off the post for Remy to control his shot past the helpless Reina for their 5th of the game. Liverpool enjoyed a period of possession and probed to break down the French backline but were unable to find a chink in the armour. The final attack of the game saw RB Fanni attack down the right, and cut into the Liverpool area, though an off-the-ball incident saw Valbuena impeded, and the ref pointed to the spot. Andre Ayew got in the act as well to plant home.

Olympique de Marseille	-  Liverpool FC
18	  Shots		 10
10	On target	4
47%	Possession   53%
7	 Tackles	 9
3	  Fouls		 2
0   Yellow cards	 0
0	Red cards	0
0	 Injuries	0
1	 Offsides	1
1	 Corners	 0
55%  Shot accuracy   40%
85%  Pass accuracy   81%

Posted Image gingerling (1 - 2) kiko kylz Posted Image
Carroll 7'________________Ayew 26'
_______________________Gignac 44'

If Marseille were quick out of the blocks in game 1, it was Liverpool who drew first blood in game 2. The three-time champions league winners stifled the first Marseille attack of the game, and managed to play through Carroll, who travelled 60 yards and tucked the ball home before Mandanda could shut him down. Marseille attempted to strike immediately, though Liverpool's tactical change, saw the front quartet with less time, and unable to conjure any real attacking moves, though the defence still managed to hold Liverpool outside their 18 yard box. Marseille finally managed to draw themselves level when Valbuena broke free down the right, and rattled a shot against the inside of the post, mercifully into the path of Ayew, who powered his first shot against Reina, and then the subsequent rebound into the net. As the 2nd half drew to a close, Marseille pushed down the wings looking to breach the Liverpool defence, and did so with Remy. After cutting into the box from the left, his curled effort was parried by Reina into the path of Gignac who side footed his volley home to edge Marseille into the lead.

The 2nd period saw Liverpool push forward to level the score, whilst Marseille were looking to counter-attack, though a combination of resolute defending and frivolous finishing held the scores as they were. As the clock ran down, Liverpool exerted extreme pressure, and Marseille defended in numbers to stop any clear-cut chances being carved out. The french side held out to take all 6 points in their opening league encounter.

Liverpool FC	-	Olympique de Marseille
10	  Shots		 10
8	On target	8
54%	Possession   46%
11	 Tackles	 9
3	  Fouls		 0
1   Yellow cards	 0
0	Red cards	0
0	 Injuries	0
0	 Offsides	0
1	 Corners	 2
80%  Shot accuracy   80%
81%  Pass accuracy   82%

CTFG Gingerling mate. Harsh scoreline on the first one, everything seem to drop for me. Much closer on the 2nd one, thankfully managed to hold out! Best of luck for the rest of the season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users