• Please log in to reply
6899 replies to this topic

#5791 ontwofronts

ontwofronts
  • Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

It's an absolute shit business move.

If someone is an ex-customer you should be motivating your staff to woo them back not dismissing them as 'smelly losers'.

And they wonder why they are back in the shit again?

Do we know they are "back in the shit again"?

#5792 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 29064 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

As anyone reported this? Blizzard have said they will honor the Australian pre-orders.

http://www.pcgamer.c...administration/

A pretty decent move PR wise, it wont cost them much overall, with a huge increase in goodwill and potential future loyalty to themselves. Once again another company shows GAME how to operate, think long rather than going for short term penny pinching.

#5793 A.C.R.O.N.Y.M

A.C.R.O.N.Y.M
  • Members
  • 3306 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Game are really quite the shit.

So when I traded all the games in Game I was left with a £112 gift card, then the local Game was shut down so I had to call Game Customer Service and they transferred my credit to a Gamestation Gift. Hooray I thought.

Forward til today when I decided to use my gift card and was told I had no money on the Gamestation Gift Card.WTF!!!!. Customer Service has closed for the day despite listed opening until 6pm. I really don't understand what has happened.

#5794 A.C.R.O.N.Y.M

A.C.R.O.N.Y.M
  • Members
  • 3306 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Oh yeah I brought a PSN card, but all they give me was a receipt d/l $35 PSN Card on the receipt with a token code?. So is the token code I enter in the PSN store to retrieve the credit?

#5795 Doctor Shark

Doctor Shark
  • Members
  • 4539 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yes. I was quite put off by that method of giving you PSN vouchers, too, having never bought any before.

#5796 A.C.R.O.N.Y.M

A.C.R.O.N.Y.M
  • Members
  • 3306 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

So that is how Gamestation do it then?, give you a receipt with a code?. I think I'm right if so flogging the points then.

#5797 U-1

U-1
  • Members
  • 8739 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

So that is how Gamestation do it then?, give you a receipt with a code?. I think I'm right if so flogging the points then.

Yep Gamestation do it that way too

#5798 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 14855 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

A pretty decent move PR wise, it wont cost them much overall, with a huge increase in goodwill and potential future loyalty to themselves. Once again another company shows GAME how to operate, think long rather than going for short term penny pinching.

It'll cost them negative amounts. The £5 they're sending out is a lot less than GAME's cut on those sales would have been.

#5799 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 32128 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Remember the early 1990's CEX adverts? :)

Charlie Brooker's best work, they were.

#5800 noughts&ones

noughts&ones
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

I went into Game in Chester today to spend the last of my trade -in credit on the loyalty card. I spent £2.99 on a tatty Silent Hill special edn, ps2, but was told I could only spend £2.50 at a time, so had to pay 49p cash.

I queried how long this had been in place as i did not recall it. I was told it had always been in place, but in Gamestation, you could spend it all.

Sound like a lie to me. Anyone else had this?

I mentioned the Silent Hill Hd ps3 release, which I heard had recieved bad reviews.

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

The salesperson said that Game were not stocking it. So do they still have supply issues?

The place looked as pricey as ever on the used front, with a poor selection of new games. I really cannot see them lasting.

#5801 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

they want you to buy one of their FIFA or PES games for 49p...

#5802 Super Craig

Super Craig
  • Members
  • 11905 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

The £2.50 limit has been in place for years. Can't say it's ever bothered me, but I tend to just use the points as soon as I'm offered.

#5803 King A

King A
  • Members
  • 7747 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I went into Game in Chester today to spend the last of my trade -in credit on the loyalty card. I spent £2.99 on a tatty Silent Hill special edn, ps2, but was told I could only spend £2.50 at a time, so had to pay 49p cash.

I queried how long this had been in place as i did not recall it. I was told it had always been in place, but in Gamestation, you could spend it all.

Sound like a lie to me. Anyone else had this?

It has been in place since at least 2006 when I worked there.

On another note, a friend of mine went to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur after I told him it is great. £20 in HMV, but sold out, so he went into GAME. £42.99. Unreal. He ended up getting it on Amazon for £17

#5804 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 32128 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Should have got it from Zavvi for 15.

#5805 noughts&ones

noughts&ones
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

It has been in place since at least 2006 when I worked there.

On another note, a friend of mine went to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur after I told him it is great. £20 in HMV, but sold out, so he went into GAME. £42.99. Unreal. He ended up getting it on Amazon for £17

That's for clarifying that.

On your other note, I also went into Blockbuster, which I had not seen the inside of for years.

The prices of console games in there, were even more expensive than Game !

#5806 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 32128 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

On your other note, I also went into Blockbuster, which I had not seen the inside of for years.

They have gone up recently, but my "local" isn't anywhere near as expensive as Game.

Gone are the 30 new releases, sure, but 38 is still somewhat shy of 45.

#5807 sandman

sandman
  • Members
  • 6433 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Blockbuster were good on used prices up until about a year ago. Now they are terrible on everything.

#5808 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 32128 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Second hand games are still pretty good in there.

#5809 PhilG

PhilG
  • Members
  • 2967 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

OpenDNS is blocking the Game website this morning:

This host was blocked by OpenDNS in response to the Conficker virus, the Microsoft IE zero-day vulnerability, an equally serious vulnerability, or some other threat.

#5810 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

Went to Game (in Comet) today, and I was about to have a go at game for pricing the first NFS:MW at £17 pre-owned, (£20 new, but OoS, on the website) concidering it was a launch title for the 360 back in 2005, and the "sequel" is out soon...

but then amazon want £16 for it

so it's teh raer!

#5811 BZ LiMuBai

BZ LiMuBai
  • Members
  • 1096 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Gamestation actually beat CEX on trade in price for my Kinect! Without price matching! :o

#5812 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 14855 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Went to Game (in Comet) today, and I was about to have a go at game for pricing the first NFS:MW at £17 pre-owned, (£20 new, but OoS, on the website) concidering it was a launch title for the 360 back in 2005, and the "sequel" is out soon...

but then amazon want £16 for it

so it's teh raer!

Yeah it really is, at the time they first did the games on demand it was the only one that you couldn't buy cheaper new elsewhere.

#5813 tnman

tnman
  • Members
  • 1966 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I popped into Gamestation today on my quest to find Pikmin 2 for the Wii, as I had previously seen the first one in their preowned section and hoped I might get lucky. I was looking on the shelves and their Wii pre-owned started with the letter S box, but it was actually A, and then it ran for about two shelves before the alphabetacising started over again. :huh:

So I thought bugger this, and just went to ask behind the till if they could have a look in the drawers to see if they had it, to which I was told that Pikmin 2 never came out on the Wii, only the first one did. I firmly reassured myself and said "no, it definitely did, but I guess this means you don't have it then?", to which I was then ignored and told "no, it only ever came out on GameCube, it's not on our website but the first one is. It could be that we never stocked it in the first place."

Still can't believe that after the troubles they've been through they're still treating 'core' customers like me like idiots and telling me I'm wrong, not to mention they've forgotten their ABCs.

tl;dr: Game Group are still teh doomed!

In other news, Ian Shepherd has started a blog on - yes! - how to best understand, cater for, and care for your core customer base. No, seriously!

http://ianashepherd..../moving-tribes/

#5814 sandman

sandman
  • Members
  • 6433 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Its torture going in there nowadays and actually finding something for a half decent price. All the nice staff have left and their stock levels are terrible compared to CEX. In fact CEX has replaced the game group as the store where I buy most of my secondhand games.

I really dont see them lasting much longer. They are much much quiter than a year ago. I did manage to find a couple of ok prices on PSP games. But everything else is vastly overpriced, particularly Wii and DS.

#5815 GMass

GMass
  • Members
  • 1949 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Had to but dragons dogma from Game today at 38 preowned as it was the only copy in Inverness it seems and I wanted it ASAP.

#5816 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

They've not learned anything. They're just delaying the fucking inevitable. Fucking idiots.

#5817 Sack Man 64

Sack Man 64
  • Members
  • 4100 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Lollipop chainsaw was 30 compared to 35 elsewhere and the last story was 25 compared to 40 in hmv. I think they are getting better but crap uninformed staff are something every company has.

Yes pikmin 2 came out on the wii but no staff will know every release that came out in the last 5 years so I think it can be forgivable, especially when day in and day out customers swear blind they play Halo on their mates PS Vita.

#5818 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

2 games do not make them getting better, especially as their trade prices still take the piss, the second hand prices are fucking abominable and their stock levels are a fucking joke.

#5819 Dudley

Dudley
  • Supporters
  • 14855 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Yes pikmin 2 came out on the wii but no staff will know every release that came out in the last 5 years so I think it can be forgivable, especially when day in and day out customers swear blind they play Halo on their mates PS Vita.

Them not knowing is forgiveable.

Then telling someone repeatedly that it did not come out is not.

In other news, Ian Shepherd has started a blog on - yes! - how to best understand, cater for, and care for your core customer base. No, seriously!

http://ianashepherd..../moving-tribes/

Ian Shepherd is actually a pen name, his real name is Bruce Ever("Syth" -ed)

#5820 tnman

tnman
  • Members
  • 1966 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Yes pikmin 2 came out on the wii but no staff will know every release that came out in the last 5 years so I think it can be forgivable,

As Dudley already said for me, that was just part of the wider problem: that their shelves seems to have been bombed (which is crazy because in all fairness to them they're usually immaculately ordered) and the woman behind the till remained stoney-faced and abrupt.

Plus Pikmin 2 was three years ago... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users