• Announcements

• TehStu

iPhone users: please read this   02/10/16

The burger menu may be missing from the top right of the forum when viewing on an iPhone. Until resolved, here is the direct url to the login page.  
    • TehStu

ALL spoilers are currently visible   02/10/16

As posts have not yet been rebuilt, all spoilers are currently visible. If you're following something (film/game) and want to avoid spoilers, AVOID the relevant thread until the post rebuild is complete. I'll delete this announcement when it's done.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wickedkitten

Food/Drink bargains

64 posts in this topic

Just figured I would make a thread in case people see anything bargalicious for the season.

I don't drink it myself but Morrisons are selling 70cl bottles of Jack Daniels for £15, and Tesco are Selling Gentleman Jack for £19.50 down from £29.49

Tesco and Sainsburys are both selling Courvosier VSOP for £20 down from £31

Not sure if the deal is still on, but Tesco were selling 24 440ml cans of Stella for £12 last week.

At that price I don't care how vile tasting it is ;)

I still have a joint of pork in my freezer from some Morrisons deal two Christmases ago. Will it be safe to eat?

[quote name='WesT' timestamp='1323357601' post='8316190']
By that logic

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/b/BIRMETHS/
[/quote]

:lol:

Stella is not far off meths tbh

Mid November Sainsbury's had an offer for £9.70ish on 1 litre bottles of Baileys, all flavours. Glenmorangie was also £20 a bottle. I thought this was going to be the going rate for booze this year so didn't bother picking any up. :facepalm:

Co-op have 2kg british gammon joints for £10, saw this offer today.

[quote name='revlob' timestamp='1323357910' post='8316205']
I still have a joint of pork in my freezer from some Morrisons deal two Christmases ago. Will it be safe to eat?
[/quote]
Age old question on here.

I would. Others wouldn't.

Gentleman Jack is a bit different to normal JD. I don't think it lends itself to mixing, if that's what your friend normally does. It's more like Buffalo Trace or something (although not as nice IMO).

edit: Talisker 10yo Scotch was £20 in Sainsbury's the other day, not sure if it still is or not

Stella is perfectly drinkable, not my tipple of choice of course (I'm an ale drinker these days but I'm not a huge fan of bottled ale) but for that price how can you argue? It's perfect to offer when loads of people come round.

[quote name='Fletch' timestamp='1323425744' post='8317657']
Stella is perfectly drinkable, not my tipple of choice of course (I'm an ale drinker these days but I'm not a huge fan of bottled ale) but for that price how can you argue? It's perfect to offer when loads of people come round.
[/quote]

Yeah this is what I thought, perfect for offering to others, and good for when you run out of the good stuff.

£10 each at Morrisons for a 70cl bottle except for the Amaretto

Teachers Whiskey
Whyte And Mackay
Bacardi
Smirnoff
Gordons
Three Barrels
Malibu
Disaronno [50cl]
Baileys
Archers
Tia Maria
Russian Standard

[quote name='revlob' timestamp='1323357910' post='8316205']
[/quote]

Safe? Probably. Nice? Highly unlikely.

[quote name='Wickedkitten' timestamp='1323451412' post='8318777']
£10 each at Morrisons for a 70cl bottle except for the Amaretto

Russian Standard
[/quote]

Christ, that's practically half price.

For anyone wanting Whyte and Mackay, Sainsburys are selling the 1l bottles for £16 and they have a 2 for £22 on a lot of stuff

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1323506695604

Is it any good? My dad wants a bottle of blended whisky rather than single malt for christmas.

I'm looking to spend around £20 on a bottle.

[quote name='Avuncular' timestamp='1323507261' post='8319583']
Is it any good? My dad wants a bottle of blended whisky rather than single malt for christmas.

I'm looking to spend around £20 on a bottle.
[/quote]

The Whyte and Mackay? Only if he is planning on mixing it with something.

I'm hoping to get a deal on some Sailor Jerrys. If anyone spots a deal on it please let me know

[quote name='Kimchi_Fart' timestamp='1323529630' post='8320099']
I'm hoping to get a deal on some Sailor Jerrys. If anyone spots a deal on it please let me know
[/quote]

So far the cheapest I've seen it for is £15 which is shit considering Sainsburys were selling it for £13 back in October

[quote name='Wickedkitten' timestamp='1323535468' post='8320250']
So far the cheapest I've seen it for is £15 which is shit considering Sainsburys were selling it for £13 back in October
[/quote]

Fuck. I missed that. I think cheapest I've ever seen it is around £17, not that I go looking for it that often.

Sailor Jerry ain't what it used to be. :(

Avuncular: Monkey Shoulder is a decent blended whisky. Shouldn't be much over £20.

If like me you are having a nice roast Duck for Christmas dinner, Asda are doing a extra special whole one for only a fiver.

[quote name='Sapa888' timestamp='1323535742' post='8320258']
Fuck. I missed that. I think cheapest I've ever seen it is around £17, not that I go looking for it that often.
[/quote]

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sailor-jerry-rum-limited-edition-bottle-was-24-27-now-15-00-asda-instore-online-1088914