Posted Image

#123 The Grand Pursuivant

The Grand Pursuivant
  • Members
  • 12617 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

looks like its gonna have to get physical TGP

Posted Image

You know, me and Pants could conceivably play a live game (if something like that is even allowed). The victor could post smug, gloating pictures of himself lording it over his opponent, as the loser gazes hopelessly in to a pit of despair, his title chances for the season dashed beyond all hope of repair.

#124 kirky72

kirky72
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Caught up with Broon on Wednesday night.

Tough stuff

kirky72 spartak 0 - 0 Broon Stuttgart

Very tight tense game, both defended well closing down the space with no great chances, I had the lions share of the possesion but couldnt find a way through the tight defence.

Broon Stuttgart 0 - 3 Kirky72 Spartak

A much more open game, i attacked alot more and pressed hard with lots of penetrating possesion and finally broke through once i did broon had to open up and it lead to more space and chances, we both hit the post and could have easily been 4 or 5 2.

Goals, ari with a good finish, wellington with a penalty and a tall lanky midfielder that I cant remember or spell with an unopposed header.

Running goals

Running Stats
wellinton 15
Ari 8
Mcgeady 4
D de zeeuw 1
Tall lanky midfielder 1

#125 Wincho

Wincho
  • Supporters
  • 9572 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Needs confirming by Br00n or Kirky (not sure who hasn't confirmed the fixture?)

#126 kirky72

kirky72
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

Needs confirming by Br00n or Kirky (not sure who hasn't confirmed the fixture?)

Broon needs to confirm.

#127 SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty
  • Supporters
  • 1201 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

THIS WEEK IN PICTURES

Posted Image SomethingWitty (0 - 1) monm Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image monm (1 - 3) SomethingWitty Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers for the games, Mr Mon. It's rare for me to ever say I was unlucky in a game of FIFA, but I reckon I probably ought to have taken something from that first game. The second was a lot tighter than the scoreline suggests, but I'll happily take the 3 points given how the first match went! :) Well played, mate, and good luck for the rest of the season.

#128 monm

monm
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Cheers, S.W.!
On reflection, I reckon that although you were unlucky in the first game, I did defend like a beast :eyebrows:
In the second game, I just didn't get going at all. Had to LOL when the ball hit one post, rolled along the line and hit the other post to then come out nicely for one of my defenders to clear :blush:
Overall, I think I like the new defending system, I feel like I'm in control more often then not :unsure:
Anyhoo, thanks S.W. and good luck to you too!

#129 SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty
  • Supporters
  • 1201 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

Cheers, S.W.!
On reflection, I reckon that although you were unlucky in the first game, I did defend like a beast :eyebrows:

No arguments from me there - absolutely solid at the back, and made things really hard for me.

In the second game, I just didn't get going at all. Had to LOL when the ball hit one post, rolled along the line and hit the other post to then come out nicely for one of my defenders to clear :blush:

At that stage I really thought it wasn't going to be my night. Fortunately for me I got all the breaks from that point on, probably evening up any measure of bad luck in the first game!

#130 kirky72

kirky72
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image kirky72 (1 - 0) Dannon Posted Image

This was quite a tense affair with the russians having a good amount of play but struggling to break through, lots of blocked shots and last ditch tackles keeping the Russian attack at bay until Ari hit a good finish from just outside the box.>>

FC Spartak Moscow    -    Sao Paulo FC
Posted Image Dannon (1 - 6) kirky72 Posted Image

After probing the opposition in the first leg the Russians really went for it from the start and mounted waves of attacks hitting the post early on and a few shots wide, eventually Ari opened teh scoring with an headed into teh corner followed by a volleyed finish then another towering header to complete a 20 minute hat trick. managed to miss a penalty in the second half but eventually added another 3 goals through Wellinton and Zygbuu or something. Santos scored what amounted to a consolation in the second half.>>

Sao Paulo FC    -    FC Spartak Moscow
Running stats
wellinton 16
Ari 13
Mcgeady 4
D de zeeuw 1
Tall lanky midfielder 2

#131 Dannon

Dannon
  • Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Good games with Kirky last night, I spent a lot of time playing on Saturday and Sunday morning, finally getting into the H2H leagues and going straight into division 6 without much effort, I thought things were going really well. After seeing kirky's past results I was a little nervous but thought I was playing at a decent standard after the weekend and even though my history isn't too good I was happy with my current standard.

Even though I lost the first game I was quite happy with myself, I was let off by my keeper giving a few good saves but on the whole I thought I did well to intercept a lot of passes and keep the score to a minimum, it was a tough game but I was happy enough.

The second game did not go so well and just goes to show both how bad I am and how good kirky is, I was passed to death and there was nothing I could do, I just couldn't intercept any balls and my defenders seemed slower than usual. The pace of the game just undid me. After bending over for about 75 minutes whist kirky consistently poked at my holes I managed to get a consolation but it wasn't really worth it.

Thanks for the games and good luck kirky, I don't think I'll be seeing you next season, you look to have it sewn up already from a look at the table.

#132 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

Just played Dannon, pretty much knew i'd lose.

I hate having to play late night games straight off the bus in my workclothes

But we had to play. Grr to Deadlines.

I tried hard but lost both games. I wish the league catered for shiftwork :)

Game 1 Sao Paulo crept up on me to win 3-0

Game 2 we were all over the shop and Sao Paulo won 1-4
One goal coming from a Penalty.

Well done Dannon, good luck with the rest! - your goals in game two were ace!

#133 Dannon

Dannon
  • Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Another couple of good games last night this time against Hello Goaty, sorry about the time Goaty, as I said, when we meet again next year we'll do it at a better time.

The first game was good, took a little bit of feeling the style out to get somewhere, I thought it was even for the first half, the second half I managed to take it though and find the holes and stopped most of the attacks that Goaty had eventually finishing with 3 goals.

The second game started off brilliantly, during the first half aI was playing really well, constantly moving the ball around and find gaps and holes I could probe, 3-0 at half time I thought that I had a couple more in me but in the second half Goaty picked up his game and started to close the gaps as my team started to become sluggish, after a stupid mistake in defence Goaty managed to find the ball and squeezed it past the keeper, then it was one more goal for me and that was that.

Really enjoyed playing, good luck to you too with the rest and see you next year.

#134 SaintM

SaintM
  • Supporters (HTML)
  • 33589 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Just played Dannon, pretty much knew i'd lose.

I hate having to play late night games straight off the bus in my workclothes

But we had to play. Grr to Deadlines.

I tried hard but lost both games. I wish the league catered for shiftwork :)

Game 1 Sao Paulo crept up on me to win 3-0

Game 2 we were all over the shop and Sao Paulo won 1-4
One goal coming from a Penalty.

Well done Dannon, good luck with the rest! - your goals in game two were ace!

There are two weeks to play every fixture to be fair! If that does not suit, you can always ask for an extension.

#135 Dannon

Dannon
  • Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

We did have it organised to to be played on Sunday but I had a bit of family business that I had to attend to quickly and forgot about it and about informing Goaty whilst I was sorting that out, so the time was my fault really.

#136 SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty
  • Supporters
  • 1201 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

THIS WEEK IN PICTURES

Posted Image SomethingWitty (3 - 0) Salsa Party Animal Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Salsa Party Animal (0 - 8) SomethingWitty Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers for the games, Legendary. I felt that the scorelines flattered me rather, especially in the second. You defended ruggedly and were unlucky not to grab a goal yourself. Good luck for the rest of the season.

#137 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Just caught Mr Mon in a Diet Coke Break special just after 10:30am

and having been well rested..

Attached File  cinco.jpg   18.39KB   0 downloads
( Drew game 2! )

Both games were fast paced and exciting end to end stuff!

Game One: Monterrey 1 Galatasaray 4

Some excellent skirmishes through my defence bagged the Turks 4 goals. Good game!

Game Two: Galatasaray 1 Monterrey 1

The Turks scored early on, so i dug in and grinded out a cheeky goal.
It was to remain that way thanks to the heroics of my Keeper very late on into 80mins+

A hard earnt point, and very enjoyable game!

Thanks and good luck Mr Mon!

#138 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

I must say, its for most of you a very high scoring season! well done and merry christmas :)

Legendary, I can play on Xmas Eve or Xmas Day

#139 monm

monm
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, thanks to you too HG, most enjoyable games! :hat:
When you scored with a Suazo screamer to make it 2-1 in the first game, I thought you were going to complete the comeback but I held it together. And the second game was much tighter, neither of us could get the breakthrough.
Good luck with the remaining games and all the best for Chrimbo! :D

#140 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yes, that was the best goal ive scored this season! and you dont get many to the pound :)

#141 SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty
  • Supporters
  • 1201 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

The Conference - Season 25: The Run-In

It's nearly Christmas, and I'm (unusually) not that busy at work. I'm also conscious of the fact that I've contributed next to nothing to the dressing room this season. So, to make amends, here's my look ahead to the exciting final few weeks of the season:

It's tight at the top! Well, not really the top. Kirky looks to have the title sewn up already with a massive 13 point lead on second-placed Pants, but below him, things are interesting. Very interesting. Just six points separate the teams from 2nd to 8th, and with a handful of fixtures remaining, any one of those 7 teams have a decent shout at second place. Worse, two of those teams are going to have the pain of missing out on the playoffs altogether, which would be harsh on any of them. In this tightest of all divisions, I'll have a go at picking out the lucky winners and devastated losers from amongst that top 8...

Posted Imagekirkys killer clowns
GD: +27
Remaining Fixtures: Salsa Party Animal, Scottw75
Witty Says: A worthy winner - no doubt about that. Kirky's only lost twice all season, so it's impossible to see him throwing away a lead this big.

Posted ImagePantchester Shitty
GD: +9
Remaining Fixtures: TGP Eindhoven, br00n, The Dragons, Monm's Muppets
Witty Says: Has been there or thereabouts all season. Pants' run in isn't the easiest, with 3 of his last 4 being fellow challengers for the second automatic promotion spot, but you get the sense that he will be tough to beat.

Posted ImageSomethingWitty
GD: +13
Remaining Fixtures: Scottw75, StalkingFuture, Hello Goaty
Witty Says: On paper, this looks like a reasonably favourable run in, but the lack of goals that has been a feature of my season could see me fail to take points when it matters.

Posted ImageLoftus LightWeights
GD: +13
Remaining Fixtures: br00n, Monm's Muppets, Salsa Party Animal
Witty Says: With the meanest defence in the division, Pete Brant could easily grind out the wins he needs to push the teams above him all the way. With broon and Monm still to play, it won't be easy, though.

Posted ImageMonm's Muppets
GD: +15
Remaining Fixtures: Loftus Lightweights, Pantchester Shitty
Witty Says: It's been a decent season so far for Monm, the highlight being his ruthless destruction of Legendary, smashing in 15 goals over two matches. With two tough fixtures remaining, he'll need to find those shooting boots again to have a chance of staying in the chase.

Posted ImageScottw75
GD: +16
Remaining Fixtures: SomethingWitty, Hello Goaty, kirkys killer clowns
Witty Says: The man in form, right now. With 5 wins from his last 6 fixtures, he will fear no-one. A dark horse for the second automatic promotion spot, but a lot will rest on his final day results against runaway leader Kirky.

Posted ImageTGP Eindhoven
GD: +8
Remaining Fixtures: Pantchester Shitty, StalkingFuture, br00n, The Dragons
Witty Says: With 4 fixtures to go, TGP has games in hand over most of the teams around him. Looking over the season so far, there seems to be a degree of inconsistency, though - too many weeks he's won one game, but failed to convert that into 6 points in the return fixture. So much will depend upon whether he can take points from Pants and broon.

Posted Imagebr00n
GD: +16
Remaining Fixtures: Loftus Lightweights, Pantchester Shitty, TGP Eindhoven, StalkingFuture
Witty Says: Broon has been quietly sat behind the main pack all season long, always with a game or two in hand. Now's the time for him to make his charge, if he's going to. With fixtures against Pants, TGP and PB the next few weeks could see him charge into second, or drop away from the playoffs altogether.

All things considered, I've run the remaining fixtures through a comprehensive and statistically thorough prediction process (NB: Results may have actually been predicted off the top of my head with very little thought) and come up with the following predictions:

Spoiler

So then, chaps - go out there and prove me wrong! Good luck to you all, and best wishes for your remaining games! :hat:

#142 The Grand Pursuivant

The Grand Pursuivant
  • Members
  • 12617 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Spoiler

You fucking jinx! Now it's never going to happen! :lol:

#143 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4090 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Outstanding work there Witty.

Of course just as exciting is the annual battle for last place between Ledgendary and Goaty. A real humdinger, as not only has Ledgendary won his first game ever, but Goaty is currently... dare I even say it... In a run of form.

What a season.

#144 Salsa Party Animal

Salsa Party Animal
  • Members
  • 19528 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Outstanding work there Witty.

Of course just as exciting is the annual battle for last place between Ledgendary and Goaty. A real humdinger, as not only has Ledgendary won his first game ever, but Goaty is currently... dare I even say it... In a run of form.

What a season.

Actually I won first game in three season, before I didn't do too badly. Legendary will be playing Goat keeper in next few days. Not sure when as I am partying tomorrow night and working on Christmas eve. So it is possible Christmas Day or afterward. But again it depend how I feel on Saturday evening.

#145 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

Ive finally found my best formation see. And im reasonably happy using Monterrey.

I dare say if id stuck with 5-3-2 all season my points might be a little more!

but i played a lot of games with the native 4-2-2-2 layout. It fucked me over a bit :doh:

#146 The Grand Pursuivant

The Grand Pursuivant
  • Members
  • 12617 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

but i played a lot of games with the native 4-2-2-2 layout. It fucked me over a bit :doh:

That's a really hard formation to get to grips with if you don't have the players for it. It works if you're Man City/Real or someone, because they have the right players for the positions, and most of them are fast enough to cover should your DMs get left stranded up the field. If they aren't, you get torn to shreds.

That might explain why you lost so heavily in some games and did rather well in others.

#147 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Well, I bloody did it!

Attached File  chico.jpg   18.51KB   0 downloads

Won both games!

this is no reflection on Legendary who played his socks off as well. ( you did not play poor! )

Game one Monterrey 2 Wolves 1

A really close game right down to the full 90mins. Legendary was furiously attacking my goal from 70 mins onwards. Was a real tin-hat moment! but we won out.

Game two Wolves 1 Monterrey 3

Wolves went up really early in the game, leading 1-0 but Monterrey closed it up soon after with a 1-1 reply! this fucked Legendary up a bit, and we edged on to score a second, and then a third late on. Tense as hell.

So there you have it.

Legendary was just a casualty of me finding my feet a bit. ( at last! )

awesome games all round. Ledge!

#148 Wincho

Wincho
  • Supporters
  • 9572 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Boom! A 6 point haul for Goaty

#149 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57133 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

Aye, i cant believe i got it so wrong at the season start!

#150 Wincho

Wincho
  • Supporters
  • 9572 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Aye, i cant believe i got it so wrong the start of season 2

Fixed for you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users