Horror 3DS

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#331 SPE

SPE
  • Members
  • 4329 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

This is awesome. Didn't give it any attention during its development or release, A combination of being mentally scarred by RE5 and all the talk about it needing the CPP put it on my mental ignore list.

Only bought it after reading lots of positive comments about it. Completed three chapters so far, and slightly clunky controls aside, its been excellent. My 45 minutes on the train went by so quickly. Thankfully, I get of at the last stop, otherwise I would have missed my station as I was so engrossed.

Biggest surprise as been with the not-in-anyway-annoying AI co-op buddies, as they're usually teeth grindingly frustrating. Especially as Sheva was one of the worst to grace gaming, the heal clipping, walk-sprint spazzing dolt that she was.

#332 APM

APM
  • Supporters
  • 28793 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Really enjoying this. Up to somewhere or other - oh yeah,
Spoiler

I'm finding that I'm pretty rubbish at it, even with the CPP. I'm not sure I'm used to the circle pads rather than sticks.

Anyway, how do you dodge? Back and B is what I remember, but I've dodged on a couple of occasions where I've just been running past stuff. Odd.

#333 DoctorEgo

DoctorEgo
  • Members
  • 2009 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

I think the game tells you to use back and B, but it's actually any direction and B, so if you're running while holding down B, you'll dodge automatically.

#334 APM

APM
  • Supporters
  • 28793 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hmmm. I wasn't holding B though when I did dodge.

#335 DoctorEgo

DoctorEgo
  • Members
  • 2009 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Sorcery then. You must have been using sorcery.

#336 APM

APM
  • Supporters
  • 28793 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Just checked Gamefaqs. Supposedly, pushing forward alone when an enemy attacks makes you dodge behind them. Pulling back and pressing B makes you dodge away from them. That explains that. I'm buggered if I can dodge away from them though.

#337 Jolly

Jolly
  • Supporters
  • 5019 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

This is totally amazing ^_^ .

Up to Chapter 5 now (and have put an hour or so into Raid mode) and it really does just get better and better. The bosses so far have been either hilarious or terrifying (the latter despite the fact I'm playing in a well lit room while M'Lady selfishly tries to have a conversation with me :hmm: ) and it manages a really nice balance between all out action and creepy tip-toeing that the series hasn't managed since...well, ever. Raid mode is scratching an itch for looting that I never really thought I had. I've not gone online with it yet but really looking forward to giving it a whirl once I've got some more stuff! The script and story are incomprehensible nonsense ("Let the Sun scorch the Earth with justice!" and Parker slamming the desk and exclaiming "Damn terrorists!" being two highlights for me so far), but this somehow feels right..?!?! We're at a stage now where surely Capcom can hire some decent writers and translators so can this be intentional? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I'm bloody loving it. Also, it looks incredible (when I manage to tear my eyes away from Jill's bum).

Unless this has a spectacular drop in quality, it's destined to be my second best Resi . I'm bursting my lungs on the bike ride home just to get a few more minutes with it. Just brilliant :wub: .

#338 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31375 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

It doesnt dip in quality - it gets more and more utterly batshit mental as the game goes on. It's my 3nd favourite Resi.

#339 Matt G

Matt G
  • Members
  • 3926 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I avoided this thread for fear of spoilers when I was playing this and only saw it pop up again today so I haven't had a chance to read back through it properly. I was wondering though, with the new 3DS update is there any chance they will fix the sniper scopes in this so that they automatically go into 2D instead of breaking my brain?

#340 chris on the moon

chris on the moon
  • Members
  • 17966 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

That used to bug me, then I figured out an awesome trick.

Just close one eye! Like people looking through rifle scopes do!

I finished the story mode a couple days ago, and am very well much engrossed in raid mode.
It doesn't really feel like a portable game though, I can't concentrate on anything else when I'm playing it, so i tend to just Lay down in a darkened room with my headphones on.

Would there be any benefit to me demanding someone here to be my friend, and going online with it?

Also, I can't believe I'm asking this, but does the CPP make the game a little more comfortable? Can there be a seperate Knife button? Does the second slider act as a rifle zoom when you're using resi4 style controls?

#341 Avuncular

Avuncular
  • Supporters
  • 11077 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'm stuck on a boss:
Spoiler

#342 D.C.

D.C.
  • Members
  • 4788 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Go for the head if you can.

I'm a pink named, lv 50, totally S rank Raid Mode MOTHER now. One of the best Resis for sure.

#343 Matt G

Matt G
  • Members
  • 3926 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

That used to bug me, then I figured out an awesome trick.

Just close one eye! Like people looking through rifle scopes do!

Yeah I figured that out too, though it's still not completely accurate, you'll hit slightly to the left or right of the crosshair depending on which eye you close. The stronger you have the 3D set the further off you'll be and other than this I really enjoyed playing on the maximum depth so I ended up knocking down the slider when taking shots and then putting it back up again, I had a bit of a rant about it on my blog.

#344 Jolly

Jolly
  • Supporters
  • 5019 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

Still continues to be ace and has increased my interest in Resident Evil 6 from 'nah' to 'ooh!'.

Also, the family of Peter Faulk really should get in touch with Capcom. I think they may owe them a couple of pounds.

#345 Jolly

Jolly
  • Supporters
  • 5019 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Finished over the weekend...Bloody loved it, although I did think it could have done without the last chapter. My favourite 3DS game so far (although I do have Kid Icarus unplayed ^_^ ). Story is totally nonsensical, utterly crackers but blooming hilarious... really added to it.

Mid Game Spoiler

Spoiler

#346 Cosmic Squirrel

Cosmic Squirrel
  • Members
  • 26332 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Apparently there is another 3DS resi game out by the end of the year!!

RUMOR - Capcom bringing another new Resident Evil title to 3DS this year

May 07, 2012 by RawmeatCowboy

- due out at the end of this year
- contains Degeneration and Damnation movies in 3D
- new title would be called Resident Evil: Downfall
- takes place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6
- play as Claire Redfield as she witnesses the "downfall" of humanity

#347 chris on the moon

chris on the moon
  • Members
  • 17966 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Intriguing
Yeah jolly, that part was good, but not as good as
Spoiler

#348 gizmo1990

gizmo1990
  • Members
  • 3118 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Finally finished last night too. Utterly brilliant game with amazing production values.

If you're a 3ds owner and you've enjoyed a resi game at some point, you really should get a copy. It's the best resi for me since the gc remakes. A great blend of action and suspense.

#349 therearerules

therearerules
  • Members
  • 25963 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Just started this, quick question- should I be conserving ammo like the earlier resis, or shooting every damn zombo I see, like 4 &5?

#350 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31375 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Shoot every damn mofo

#351 gizmo1990

gizmo1990
  • Members
  • 3118 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Kill them, kill them all!!

#352 Hexx

Hexx
  • Members
  • 15305 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Ok so just done Chapter 4 on the PC version.

That was scarier than all of RE6 put together :(

Question about the Rifle:

Spoiler

Ammo is really scarce on this, finding it easier to run past some mobs. It's like classic RE :wub:

Edit - And Chapter 5's started and it's all gone downhill. Worst game in the series. We should bury all copies of it in the desert next to those ET cartridges.

#353 chris on the moon

chris on the moon
  • Members
  • 17966 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hah, what happens at the start of chapter 5? I don't remember at all.

#354 Hexx

Hexx
  • Members
  • 15305 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Spoiler

#355 Staplehead!

Staplehead!
  • Members
  • 15596 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Nonsense, they are the TITS.

#356 gizmo1990

gizmo1990
  • Members
  • 3118 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Just go with it man. They're just a bro dude interlude between the cheese sandwich! I thought it was a nice tension relief.

#357 hughes

hughes
  • Members
  • 9164 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wait, this game is amazing? I wrote it off because it has one of the worst demos ever made.

Quite tempted to buy it but it seems like a likely candidate for PS+.

#358 El Spatula

El Spatula
  • Members
  • 6703 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

It's really, really good on the PC. I assume it's the same on the PS3. Twin sticks improves it a lot.

#359 D.C.

D.C.
  • Members
  • 4788 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

It was great on the DS.

#360 Timmo

Timmo

Internationally renowned idiot

• Members
  • 24152 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

It was cheap on Live so I tried the demo, I thought it was rubbish for two reasons:

1) The constant scanning, like Metroid Prime but far worse. The game seemed to require you to scan almost constantly, breaking the gameplay up horribly.
2) The shooting and impact of, which felt imprecise. Enemies barely reacted to being shot and headshots seemed imperceptible to body shots.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horror, 3DS

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users