Parker would tear Luis to pieces.

And then have a drink.

fuck you luis gets more pussy you are just a stupid jealous man

#272 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Parker has had ALL the pussy. He has achieved a zen calm.

#273 Fully Aspel

Fully Aspel
  • Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Earlier in the thread i said this game looked PS2 in terms of graphics. I was talking absolute bollocks.

Just been playing some PS2 and Xbox games and can't believe how dated they look all of a sudden. I'd now say Resi's graphics are somewhere between Xbox and early 360 stuff. Just thought i'd say like.

Luis? Parker? Fuck off! Barry Burton's eat bigger Cornflakes.

#274 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7196 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

When Chuck Norris gets scared in bed, he imagines Barry Burton's watching over him.

Really enjoying Raid. My first few games were with randoms who were between level 19 and 26, so I flew up to level 8 pretty rapidly. Hunters dead with one shotgun blast - that'll do. Such a fantastic addition to the game, and much more enjoyable than Mercenaries. I think mini-missions rather than arena combat works better in the Resiverse.

#275 APM

APM
  • Supporters
  • 28379 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

I'm quite enjoying this, it being my first 3DS game after picking one up at the weekend. However, I'd much prefer to use the d-pad for movement. It's just an old school thing for me. I've always preferred the d-pad for RE's tank like controls.

Looks nice though, but I'm having trouble aiming at the dogs in the caves with Chris. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

#276 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7196 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

The acceleration's not perfect, by any means - takes a bit of adjusting.

#277 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Something I noticed... straffing diagonally, normally a classic way of moving around quickly - is actually slower.

#278 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Just completed Chasm in Raid and got to level 20... The bonus level is HARD AS NAILS!!!

#279 Avuncular

Avuncular
  • Supporters
  • 10812 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

How do you know when it's auto-saving? Does it tell you? Played it for a little while earlier but had to turn it off and when I turned it back on I was back at the start.

#280 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Every now and again, usually just before a major incident (or 'panic'),.,

Just unlocked the Pale Rider. A magnum that does about 11500 damage and I've a carry capacity of 45.

Heads gonna be a poppin'!

I wish I could take my raid guns into the regular game. Casual mode would be a riot.

#281 Zio

Zio
  • Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

How do you know when it's auto-saving? Does it tell you? Played it for a little while earlier but had to turn it off and when I turned it back on I was back at the start.

Possibly you already know this, but if you're worried it hasn't saved for a while and suddenly you need to turn the 3DS off, just flip the lid closed. That'll put it in sleep mode and it'll still be at the exact same point you left it when you open the lid again.

Obviously it does use a little battery power to do this, so if the battery is low when you do it, it might die before you go back to play it.

#282 locke_211

locke_211
  • Members
  • 1631 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

I'm quite enjoying this, it being my first 3DS game after picking one up at the weekend. However, I'd much prefer to use the d-pad for movement. It's just an old school thing for me. I've always preferred the d-pad for RE's tank like controls.

Looks nice though, but I'm having trouble aiming at the dogs in the caves with Chris. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

The dogs are tricky. Best way to solve that is to run right up to them and shotgun them in the face. (or maybe I'm thinking of the best tactic in Raid mode; can't remember if you have a shotgun in the Chapter you're talking about)

#283 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

B.O.W attraction grenades (or whatever they are called) are the best for the doggies.

#284 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Disturbingly, I've started playing Raymond in Raid - as we reloads the magnum faster than anyone else (and the animation while doing so is cool).

I'm SURE (end of game spoiler)
Spoiler

#285 mrpranny

mrpranny
  • Members
  • 1469 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Just completed Chasm in Raid and got to level 20... The bonus level is HARD AS NAILS!!!

Level 48 , S ranked everything except for that blasted bonus round. Its weird, you try and hook up with someone to do the level but they always seem to troll you by smashing the first exit gold thingy. Maybe they know its too hard and are trying to warn you but I think probably not. Last night I did find one willing person who was equally thankfull of finding someone else to do it . Sadly he died at the promenade twice , but to those buzzsaw super speed guys so it can be forgiven. Full grenades are a must for this level , and save your flash /stun ones for the super fast buzzsaw chaps. Meeeat!

#286 gizmo1990

gizmo1990
  • Members
  • 2796 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

The graphics in this are really superb aren't they. I wonder if other devs pipelines are as good (no obviously) as Capcoms because I want all 3ds titles be this quality now.

#287 mrpranny

mrpranny
  • Members
  • 1469 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Raid mode completed! You really need 2 level 50 players to get through the true end battle of the Bonus ghost ship level. Charged shot Drake Shotgun with focused range really helps too!

#288 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7196 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Oops, I think I'm in terrible shit in the Campaign. I'm on level 11, fighting
Spoiler
and have almost no ammo. The rocket launchers alone don't seem up to the job, so unless there's something I'm missing I think i'm at a complete impasse and will have to restart :(

#289 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

Have no fear...

Spoiler

#290 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7196 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Oh... fair enough...given it a few tries, but only
Spoiler
which seem to be nowhere near the job!

* I know it's not Brad really

#291 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Oh... fair enough...given it a few tries, but only

Spoiler
which seem to be nowhere near the job!

* I know it's not Brad really

Spoiler

#292 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7196 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

I am, but I haven't taken one down yet - even a direct hit seems to just hurt it. Are you sure you didn't hit it with some other heavy fire, like a rifle shot or Magnum ammo?

#293 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Nope... I had very little ammo left. Maybe a machine gun.... But didn't last long.

#294 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 1920 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, they just take the one rocket hit each. Can be a bit of a tight squeeze but something must have gone wrong there.

Does anyone have the autoloader yet? I'm going for it on casual but can't quite seem to get past the bit where

Spoiler

Tips please

#295 Garwoofoo

Garwoofoo
  • Members
  • 5162 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

This game is fantastic. As an old-school Resi fan it's like all my Christmasses have come at once. And in a dark room with headphones on and the 3D turned up to max, it's more immersive than playing on a big TV.

So far I've only done the first three levels and now I can't stop playing Raid mode. Got missions opening up left right and centre. Really want to get back to the story though... choices choices.

#296 Gomox

Gomox
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Couldn't agree more. I've been playing it in bed with the headphones on and I have to admit during the ship episodes especially, the atmosphere generated is brilliant. Cranking the 3d up to max generates the best sense of 3d I've seen yet.

#297 Staplehead!

Staplehead!
  • Members
  • 15277 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I had a go at Raid mode online tonight on the level set around the promenade deck, I was playing as Parker and offering to buy my partner lunch at every opportunity, packing a handgun, a rifle and a machine gun. First up my playbuddy was a level 12 Parker with the Joker's magnum and he ran off ahead of me one-shotting all the gribbles, going down in the lift by himself and leaving me to wait for ages for it to come back up again, but he got his just desserts and was minced up by the mayday man as soon as he appeared. So I tried again with a level 1 Jill named Skippy but our combined firepower was never enough to take down the wave of gribbles quickly enough and poor Skippy was splodged to death by a slippery minion.

I finally managed to finish the level with the aid of a level 5 Jill named Ian who happily machine-gunned everything in sight without a thought to ammo conservation as I rifled the splodgemen in their head-shaped protruberences until they melted into muck puddles. What an awesome bonus mode! I'm off to tune up my arsenal and try the next level.

#298 Staplehead!

Staplehead!
  • Members
  • 15277 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Here's a question for you:

I did a chapter of Raid mode yesterday (the promenade deck) and now on the chapter select screen there is an icon that looks like a purple and black crown next to the ranking letter but I don't know what it means. I think I saw the same icon next to the health bar of one of the big enemies but I don't know what it was meant to represent. Any ideas?

#299 Garwoofoo

Garwoofoo
  • Members
  • 5162 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Here's a question for you:

I did a chapter of Raid mode yesterday (the promenade deck) and now on the chapter select screen there is an icon that looks like a purple and black crown next to the ranking letter but I don't know what it means. I think I saw the same icon next to the health bar of one of the big enemies but I don't know what it was meant to represent. Any ideas?

I got a mission to "rescue" one of the guys I'd played with online, which involved going to a particular chapter to find he'd been eaten by a grue and retrieving one of his weapons from one of the big enemies in that chapter. I think that caused the same things you're seeing there. Check your missions for Raid mode.

#300 scottcr

scottcr
  • Supporters
  • 31145 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

I think that's what happens if you complete a mission from streetpass or someone you've played online... I think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horror, 3DS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users