Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keyboard Koala

Horror Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)

400 posts in this topic

Nope... I had very little ammo left. Maybe a machine gun.... But didn't last long.

Not sure what I was getting wrong - cleared this immediately after this post :D

Great game (apart from the swimming and turret sections :) )

Is it worth getting the Circle Pad Pro for this or should I wait and get the Monster Hunter bundle?

I know. Other than this that's the only game I want that uses the CPP. I'd be surprised if it didn't come as a bundle.

Got this for hearts day. I'm a lucky guy.

kin el

that defend bit whilst me laddo with the sqeaky voice hacks in near those containers is tough as a backdoor butchers special offer.

But how do you do it without healing?

Guns. Lots of guns.

...aaaaand finished. Great stuff. All I have to do now is get to level 50 on Raid mode :)

But how do you do it without healing?

Back to the wall, in the corner of the room, on top of the container, shotgun ready. Reload every time there's a slight gap between enemies. Piece of piss.

Avuncular, not sure if it was you who asked before, but the Circle Pad Pro is not needed at all for Resi. Imho its a waste of money. If it is eventually needed for a game (which i seriously doubt), then it will be bundled with that game.

Back to the wall, in the corner of the room, on top of the container, shotgun ready. Reload every time there's a slight gap between enemies. Piece of piss.

Avuncular, not sure if it was you who asked before, but the Circle Pad Pro is not needed at all for Resi. Imho its a waste of money. If it is eventually needed for a game (which i seriously doubt), then it will be bundled with that game.

I won't bother then. EDGE say Monster Hunter is better with it so I'll get one when it comes out.

Decided to get a CPP in the end. The money was going spare. Ordered it from ShopTo yesterday and 22 hours later it's here. :wub:

Finished this today. Such a great game. Hardly a slack moment in the campaign and I can't wait to get properly stuck into Raid mode.

Raid mode effectively doubles the size of the game... I love it.

I'm going to have to buy this on pay day.

Damn you rllmuk!

Finished the story last night, 13hrs on the clock. 27hrs in total so far. Fucking brilliant game. One of the best in the series. The gameplay is top notch, quality audio/music, the graphics are stunning and the 3D really is fantastic throughout, especially the bit on the gunship which looked proper amazing.

Now onto S ranking everything in Raid Trench mode!

Has anyone unlocked all the Rare weapons yet? I've got one from 100% perfecting a Raid stage with the handgun, how do you get the others? I've 100% perfected some stages with other weapons and nothing unlocked.

I cannot believe this has passed me by. What an idiot. Picking up this evening.

I still ghasts my flabber that Edge could give this a 6/10....

I'm done with Raid now, at level 31. Superb addition to the game. It's really annoying that you get level 50 trolls sitting on the Ghost Ship stage and switching to level 1 when you join, then smashing the gold coin immediately - I don't understand, what do they get from this?

I genuinely have no idea how they got so much quality game onto that little cart.

IMO it gives Vita games a run for their money graphically.. The 3ds can't pull off the resolution obviously but my goodness does 3d make up for it. Still the best implementation of 3d I've yet seen, amazing.

From the Vita thread about how awesome Revelations is and to not clog that up and make Vita owners jealous ;)

You can't use the 3D in Raid mode though because the dolts at Capcom didn't test it right and all the health bars appear on the top plane. DOH! If the middling Avatar game could get 3D UI design right three years ago then Capcom have no excuse.

eh? It works fine... at least to me and my Nintendo eyes. I play RE exclusively in 3D because it's just so awesome looking.

The 3D works fine but all the 2D health bars all appear on the upper plane so when you have lots of enemies on the screen, instead of the health bars being above their heads, they are completely removed and thrust into your face. It's pretty terrible design really. All the 2D health bars should have been 3D objects located above the enemies heads. It is just a mess with 3D turned on and multiple enemies on the go, makes Abyss mode a nightmare.

and why is the thread name still messed up? Funny it may have been for the split second it took to get old but helpful for searching topics it certainly isn't.

I agree that it should be above their heads as a textured polygon or something - but I must admit that it doesn't bother me. Certainly not to the point of switching the 3D off though.

I just got this for my birthday the other day. I was really impressed by the demo, but the full thing is even better. I've just got to the

promenade deck

bit and I can't get over how... console it is. I've got both Zelda and Starfox but this genuinely feels like a proper sit down in front of the telly game. Parker is my dogg.

Can I just say, probably pointlessly to anyone reading this thread, how fucking brilliant this game is?

I've been playing it every few days just before bed, so the episodic presentation is perfect, with each chapter neatly packaged up like an episode of a dodgy TV series, though the length of a chapter seems to vary quite a lot. The plot is as batshit mental as you'd expect from Resident Evil, and although it jumps from location to location, the core of the game is very much centred on Jill and Parker's exploration of the ship, so it doesn't feel fragmented. The dialogue is similarly batshit, and can raise a smile even in the midst of a tense firefight.

Moreover, I can't believe this is running on the 3DS: It looks stunning, and the 3D, far from being a novelty, genuinely adds a layer of immersion. I can't speak for single-stick users, but the CPP makes this a joy to control, and the new dodge move opens up opportunities to be much more ballsy than in previous Resi games. The selection of upgrades is diverse, the weapons are satisfying, and I've barely touched Raid mode!

That said, I totally agree with SweatyTravolta's comment about the enemy health bars in Raid mode, and was surprised how jarring I found it actually. Even so, that's really a small fly in the ointment as far as I'm concerned. So far (circa 7 hours in), this is a perfect blend of old Resi and new, and sets a high bar not just for future 3DS titles, but for Resident Evil 6.

[/fanboygibbering]

Anyone who hasn't already picked this up would be mad to miss the Zavvi price.

I'm in love with the script. It's absolute no-hope lunacy. Jackass? Poltergeist.