PSN PS3 PSP Vita PS4

• Please log in to reply
2525 replies to this topic

#61 Cthulhu Steev

Cthulhu Steev
  • Members
  • 6605 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

I've just bought a $50 code so I can buy a years sub, just waiting for the number to come through. Only 2 days left on my trial so I thought I had better do it now to keep the stuff I've downloaded.

You don't lose anything you've previously downloaded, if you take a break from paying subs it will all be there when you return.

#62 Clipper

Clipper
  • Members
  • 2005 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

So the playstation plus thing . I had the free month and played burnout paradise free but now I can't play it .

So if I subscribe again I can play it again for free even though I have had a break in membership?

However if I know someone and they join they can't play it/download it unless it is offered once agai to ps+ members?

So you can download the free stuff and play it whenever you are a member but if you aren't a member at some point and you miss downloading a freebie then you miss out?

SEems a little complex. Also I assume the playstation plus menu choice in the store shows all the offers for that month?

If so this month seems a bit thin, nothing like as good as the "free" month

#63 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

So you can download the free stuff and play it whenever you are a member but if you aren't a member at some point and you miss downloading a freebie then you miss out?

Each offer is only for x time, and there is a separate category on the us store for things that are about to end. Basically download all the free things when they go up. Then you'll always be eligible to redownload it presuming you are a ps+ member when you try to play it.

#64 Mr Do 71

Mr Do 71
  • Supporters
  • 31043 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

NTSC-J And NTSC-U PSone Classics Confirmed For SCEE

I am very pleased to confirm that US and Japanese PSone emulations are being prepared for release on the SCEE PlayStation Stores.

While I cannot yet confirm dates or any of the titles in process at this time, there are a few that are already in process and you will start to see them publishing in the future.

What does this mean for you, the consumers?

Here are the key points:

Publishers who own the rights to release PSone titles that were previously only available in the US and/or Japan will now be able to apply to have them released on the SCEE PlayStation Stores (providing they are rated by the appropriate ratings boards for each territory).

All titles will be published ‘as is’, with either English or Japanese language game content where available.

All titles will run at 60 Hz and you will need a 60 Hz capable display to play them properly.

This also means that if a PAL version of a title has been unable to pass QA in SCEE, but the NTSC version is already available on the PlayStation Store in SCEA or SCEJ, we can look at publishing that version instead. We cannot simply take the US version and publish it immediately, as it has to be reprocessed for SCEE, but at least we know the title should already be relatively bug-free.

Please note: This does not mean we can publish titles that have not legally cleared for release in SCEE territories as a result of expired licenses, etc.

- Playstation Blog

So what games does everyone want?

#65 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

I approve of this move

#66 Yobo Ahoy

Yobo Ahoy
  • Members
  • 5343 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Off the top of my head, I'd say Pandemonium and Dead Or Alive. Fingers crossed!

#67 Yartek

Yartek
  • Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

- Playstation Blog

Ooh, the only reason I haven't picked up any PS1 games for my PSP was due to them being the PAL versions, if they stick the NTSC versions of Square's stuff up there, I'll be on it like a shot.

Also, Einhander.

#68 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 34199 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

- Playstation Blog

Bishi Bashi Special.

#69 imp

imp
  • Members
  • 9952 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Suikoden 1 & 2 spring to mind, never got to play any of those. Also, I guess if they just put out the NTSC version of every unoptimised PAL release... well, that couldn't hurt, right?

#70 Cthulhu Steev

Cthulhu Steev
  • Members
  • 6605 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Bishi Bashi Special.

It's been available for years on the UK PSN!

EDIT: And now it's not there, how strange.

#71 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 34199 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

It's been available for years on the UK PSN!

EDIT: And now it's not there, how strange.

It was the first thing I looked for when the shop came back. Couldn't see it and a brief Google suggested it was JP only.

#72 Cthulhu Steev

Cthulhu Steev
  • Members
  • 6605 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

It was the first thing I looked for when the shop came back. Couldn't see it and a brief Google suggested it was JP only.

It was there for ages, but for some reason it's been withdrawn. I'm a bit miffed, I meant to buy it then forgot about it until you reminded me :(

It's pretty easy to set up a JAP account and PSN points though. I keep meaning to buy Einhander but I'm still crossing my fingers for it to arrive under Monkeypaw's PSOne Import Classics on US PSN.

#73 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 34199 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

BttF ep5 today? PLEASE.

#74 SozzlyJoe

SozzlyJoe
  • Supporters
  • 2191 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

BttF ep5 today? PLEASE.

Seems like you are in luck, the PS3 blog has been updated and it's on the list

http://blog.eu.plays...011/#more-44486

Nothing much else of note, some price reductions to almost (almost) sensible prices for old Ubisoft stuff.

#75 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6023 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

Bit of a lean week. You'd think people would be chomping at the bit to release their downloadable titles whilst retail is having a summer snooze.

On the Plus side (ho ho) I'm glad to see Crash Commando make an appearance. Hopefully it'll provide an influx of new players online as it's a great little game.

#76 SharkEnergy

SharkEnergy
  • Members
  • 4127 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Once again an awesome Plus list. I'm starting to think a yearly would have been better! And Alien Zombie Megadeath at 50% off is a win surely!

#77 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 34199 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Seems like you are in luck, the PS3 blog has been updated and it's on the list

http://blog.eu.plays...011/#more-44486

Nothing much else of note, some price reductions to almost (almost) sensible prices for old Ubisoft stuff.

It might be on the list, but it ain't on the store. FFS.

#78 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

Once again an awesome Plus list. I'm starting to think a yearly would have been better! And Alien Zombie Megadeath at 50% off is a win surely!

It is, and the offers are different enough between the uk and us stores that I'm still considering buying a uk sub even though I just bought a US sub. I've already got Rayman on disc, but I'm not a collector so I can get rid of that and take the free one.

edit: and bought :Coffee:

#79 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6023 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

It might be on the list, but it ain't on the store. FFS.

The Store content itself tends not to get updated until around mid-afternoon.

I just checked and it hasn't gone live yet, but everything should be available by 5PM BST; it's not an exact science.

#80 deKay

deKay
  • Supporters
  • 34199 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

FFS. RAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Probably won't have it downloaded until tomorrow now!

#81 SharkEnergy

SharkEnergy
  • Members
  • 4127 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Plus content downloaded. Alien Zombie Megadeath purchased. :twisted:

#82 Pupponvesh 2

Pupponvesh 2
  • Supporters
  • 2010 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

I just went on the US store to see what they had on PSN+ this month. It's pretty much the same apart from the fact that they have significantly more Game Trials than we're getting on the EU store. There's about 25+ this month alone, and some pretty good ones as well. Infamous 2, Mass Effect 2, all the Ass Creed games, Modnation and loads more. It's quite a big difference.

#83 Aimless

Aimless
  • Members
  • 6023 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

Good news! The Arkedo Series is heading over from XBLIG to PSN:

They're cool games if you've never played them on 360, and at 1.74/1.99 a pop it would be rude not to pick them up; they're Trophy-packing PSN games, not minis.

#84 Mr Do 71

Mr Do 71
  • Supporters
  • 31043 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Good news! The Arkedo Series is heading over from XBLIG to PSN:

They're cool games if you've never played them on 360, and at 1.74/1.99 a pop it would be rude not to pick them up; they're Trophy-packing PSN games, not minis.

Excellent, and the colours in Jump! are gorgeous.

#85 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7446 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

Yay for colourful happy games.

#86 suzzopher

suzzopher
  • Members
  • 1826 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

I'll buy those three games again. It's good to see these indie devs break out.

#87 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Playstation Network Play! (Sony's SoA)

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

August 24: The PLAY program kicks off with Capcom’s highly-anticipated Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition, available to pre-order until 18 August, 2011. This action-fighting title features 20 playable characters, HD graphics, more than 200 pieces of unlockable content, more than 100 trials and more than 100 challenges When Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will be able to unlock GILL, the self-proclaimed god, without having to beat the game with every character, as day-one DLC. All pre-orders will also receive a Capcom-produced theme. Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition will be €14.99 and is rated PEGI 12+.

Posted Image

August 31: Hothead Studios’ The Baconing will be available to pre-order until 25 August 2011. This action-RPG title is the third in the popular DeathSpank series. Attempt to defeat the Anti-Spank and his army of Cyborques, before they cast an evil shadow over Spanktopia. Discover exciting new worlds and battle hordes of enemies as you search to unlock the secret within the Fires of Bacon. When The Baconing is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive an additional co-op character, Roesha – One Bad Mutha. All pre-orders will also receive a static theme, exclusive to PLAY. The Baconing will be €12.99 and is rated PEGI 12+.

Posted Image

September 7: Majesco Entertainment‘s BloodRayne: Betrayal will be available to pre-order until 1 September 2011. This 2D side-scrolling platformer features 15 bloodthirsty levels where Rayne attempts to infiltrate a treacherous castle, take out a fiendish horde and stop an evil vampire massacre. When BloodRayne: Betrayal is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive a BloodRayne: Betrayal virtual item for their PlayStation Home avatar and an exclusive dynamic theme. In addition, all pre-orders will also receive a static theme exclusive to PLAY. BloodRayne: Betrayal will be €12.99 and is rated PEGI 16+.

Posted Image

September 14: The SEGA title Renegade Ops will be available to pre-order until 8 September 2011.This top-down, driving shooter from SEGA features a huge variety of vehicles, guns and endless enemies. The game features Sandbox-style missions, so there are many different ways to play. When Renegade Ops is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive a Vehicle & Character Pack with two new vehicles and special weapons. All pre-orders will also receive a static theme, exclusive to PLAY. Renegade Ops will be €12.99 and is rated PEGI 12+.

Posted Image

Bonus gift: PayDay: The Heist. This gritty, first-person shooter from Sony Online Entertainment lets players take on the role of a hardened career criminal executing intense, dynamic heists in constant pursuit of the next “big score.” A PSN voucher code for PayDay: The Heist will be provided to buyers of all four PLAY titles as a bonus gift if they make their purchases by 20 September 2011. The game releases on 5 October 2011. The game can also be pre-ordered separately from 21 September 2 2011 until 29 September 2011, and all pre-orders will receive a static theme.

:)

#88 SharkEnergy

SharkEnergy
  • Members
  • 4127 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

was sounding good until the freebie was an fps. I dont get on with them.

#89 suzzopher

suzzopher
  • Members
  • 1826 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Extra 20% for Plus users too, nice. Makes 3rd Strike even better value :wub:

Payday The Heist looks excellent too. Would have bought all four anyway, so good stuff.

#90 Majora

Majora
  • Members
  • 6926 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

It's nice they're trying, but it's not really equivalent to Summer Of Arcade is it? Most of these are coming out on XBLA at the same time and I wouldn't say any of them have been heavily hyped. While Summer Of Arcade takes a mix of wholly exclusive, or timed exclusive, games that are generally pretty anticipated and which get significant promotion for being in the campaign, this kinda seems like they've picked a few random games.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS3, PSP, Vita, PS4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users