Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Campfire_Burning

Shut Up & Sit Down

61 posts in this topic

I like the skits, but they are overlong. All they have to do is set a time for how long a show should be and that would cut them down a bit. It needs a cut off to trim off that fat.

Still very good though. Who wants to spend a weekend playing Twilight Imperium? 6 of us, tenner in to get the box, long arduous time spent over a table top playing an overly complex game ...good times to be had.

Who has a big enough table?

First up before giving my opinion on the skits... I love the show. It's not only funny but utterly engaging. I'm not really a board gamer but since starting to watch this it's a hobby I'm definitely getting involved in with a group of friends. The passion on display and the humour throughout is a joy.

But, I'd agree with others that the scenes go on a little. I love the short intros to reviews... Beans this week was excellent as was the review of the back of the box. But it's the games I want to see and feel the skits draw attention away from the subject matter. Thats a shame because the show does an amazing job otherwise of putting the games front and centre and making it look fun and exciting.

Thank you for showing so beautifully what this hobby has to offer!

[quote name='AN_D_K' timestamp='1318154634' post='8190880']
Still very good though. Who wants to spend a weekend playing Twilight Imperium? 6 of us, tenner in to get the box, long arduous time spent over a table top playing an overly complex game ...good times to be had.
[/quote]
You probably need more than a weekend for your first game there is so much to take in :D Amazing game though. One of the best I have played.

[quote name='Blunted' timestamp='1318176585' post='8191333']
You probably need more than a weekend for your first game there is so much to take in :D Amazing game though. One of the best I have played.
[/quote]

Well, thanks to a perfect storm of being put on the end of projects all year, I basically have December off if we need more time :D

The Christmas episode is up. Quarriors, print 'n' play/solo games, Cosmic Encounter and bromance by the bucketload.

[url="http://www.shutupshow.com/post/14610891282/episode-7-the-christmas-special"]http://www.shutupshow.com/post/14610891282/episode-7-the-christmas-special[/url]

[url="http://www.shutupshow.com/post/15686639761/excitement-the-top-10-games-coming-in-2012"]http://www.shutupshow.com/post/15686639761/excitement-the-top-10-games-coming-in-2012[/url]

Good read up of what's coming to drain us of money.

Quite like the sound of Rex.

I think Congo is the most appealing of those, just, but I'm not massively psyched for any of them it has to be said. Even though I'll probably end up with a copy of X-Wing, rising to "definitely" if they allow me to balance my shields.

What an excellent show, watched them all in the last few days and now really want Cosmic Encounter, Citadels and Galaxy Truckers. :facepalm:

The article doesn't say, but is Rex an expansion for Twilight Imperium or just set in the universe?

The shops say it's an expansion but their description made it sound like it was different and separate.

Rex is a standalone game set in the same sci-fi setting as Twilight Imperium, a few hundred years before TI i believe.

Of the games on that list I will be keeping a close eye on Wiz-War, Merchant of Venus, Rex & Descent. They are all new editions of old games (or in Rex's case the mechanics of an old game with a new theme) but they are games I've never played so that doesn't matter to me. It would appear i've turned into a FFG fanboy....