RPG 360 PS3 PC

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#451 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 4807 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

By completing a couple of side quests for people, you can be given property with a storage chest. It doesn't take long to fill that up, though.

Storage was one of the real problems with the game.

#452 macosx

macosx
  • Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

You get one from one of the quests and there's one as part of the Kel DLC

#453 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Do the mayor quest in Crannoc.

#454 Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy
  • Members
  • 10301 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Cheers. I've arrived at Crannoc now, so I'll have a word with the Mayor.

Another question. Is any of the DLC worth grabbing now, before I complete the game? What level are they pitched at?

#455 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

I don't know, I avoided it simply because there's so much fucking content in the game anyway. Cosmic Guru might know better.

#456 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7042 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Both DLC is amazing. The first one is lvl 10+ but it is a long hike from the starting area. You might as well play through the game normally and do the DLC area when you are near. The second one I honestly can not remember but I assume it is the same as the first.

Again, both packs come highly recommended. Fun exciting stories, new enemies, new environments (especially the second pack, wow).

#457 Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy
  • Members
  • 10301 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Cheers, think I'll grab 'em then.

I was up until 2am this morning playing the hell out of it, exploring Ettinmere, which up until now I've somehow avoided. Probably because it's tucked away in the south west of the map. Funny really, I've been avoiding the main quest a lot and just doing side quests. So when Beardie from the beginning of the game walked across a bridge and said, "You made it!" I was all, "I have? Er, to be honest, I came here for something else mate. What? Yeah, you go ahead. I'll catch up!"

#458 Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy
  • Members
  • 10301 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well, I'm about to embark on the quest to kill Dead Kel. Captain Brannigan is pretty funny. :lol:

When enquiring about one of her shipmates...

"He's the fine first mate on the ground next to me. Words aren't his strength. Although I'd be pressed to say what is, exactly. I found him after I was forced to maroon my last first mate on a desert island. That man became obsessed with me. Probably because we had sex. A lot."

Although it's all in the delivery. Especially the pause before "A lot."

#459 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7042 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

There, finished it. Took me 110 hours or so and completed 214 quests (not all, towards the climax I just wanted to get it over with). Had me a ton of fun and I think it is very unfortunate we will never see a sequel. Comes highly recommended if you fancy an arcade-style adventure slash RPG with a forgettable story.

#460 Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy
  • Members
  • 10301 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

And that's me done with the Legend of Dead Kel. I rose about 11 levels during the course of it. I'm going to be massively overpowered come the end of the main game. Massive bit of DLC, and great fun. Mind you, I feel a bit overwhelmed stepping back ashore when looking at the size of the main map, having been away so long.

#461 sandman

sandman
  • Members
  • 6439 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Been playing this a fair bit over the last few days, loving it but I have no inclination to do any of the sidequests.

#462 Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy
  • Members
  • 10301 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm the opposite. I've been doing nothing but side quests.

#463 Craster

Craster
  • Supporters
  • 4436 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

I love how many the game gives you. It means wherever you are there's always a couple of quests to do nearby.

#464 Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy
  • Members
  • 10301 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Still playing. I'm amazed by how big this game feels. It's starting to get a bit overwhelming. But I love the scale of everything. I've just rolled up at the Warsworn keep out in the desert in Menetyre, and it just looks so impressively huge.

#465 Jimmy Shedders

Jimmy Shedders
  • Members
  • 2837 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Are the DLC packs worth buying?
Both of them are on sale this week on the 360 at 400 MS points each.

#466 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7042 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hell yes! Both come highly recommended.

#467 Gabe

Gabe
  • Members
  • 8578 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

I have some MS points on an account I set up years ago for US stuff - will I be able to buy the DLC packs on the US marketplace but use them under my main (UK) account, or is it like Mass Effect 2 where it was tied to the account that bought them?

#468 The Disco

The Disco
  • Members
  • 1133 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

So I recently pretty much finished all of the main game I can find on Monday. Such a fantastic value for money game, even at full price (I got it from Amazon brand new for £15.99).

Clocked up 92 hours with 14 on-going tasks and 197 or so quests completed on day 88. All that in a ten day period during two weeks off from work, too. I only put in 37 hours a week at work. :eek:

One failed quest. though, which was the most annoying thing ever. I just couldn't keep that Dolkafar dude near the end of the game from rushing up to the enemy on the way to the House of Vengeance and getting himself outnumbered and killed. I reloaded the save a few times, but the game had auto-saved part-way though the quest and he had already rushed into the fray at the time so nothing I could do to stop him unless I went back to an earlier save I made about 10 hours prior.

Very, very good game though. I'm not an Oblivion or Skyrim fan, but am a big Fable fan (though not enough to buy the kinnect thing) and I've tried to get into The Witcher 2, but about 5 hours into that game I got annoyed with all the preparation needed to even do fairly early quests. This game, however, strikes the perfect balance between all three.

Might get some or all of the DLC. If they do all three bits for 800msp or less, then I probably will, but at the moment they show as 800msp each and that's a bit rich for my tastes as I still have Halo Aniversary to start and a shit load of films and TV to watch.

#469 Cosmic_Guru

Cosmic_Guru
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Both DLC were on sale at 400 msp last night and I am tempted to get the second one despite being at the max level - it's such a fast, fluid and fun game to play.

#470 Meh

Meh
  • Members
  • 30551 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

I picked this up a few weeks ago for 20 quid. While I love the combat, I absolutely despise the art-style and the bastard Fable-esque voicework. The story's utterly failed to grab me, too.

I so wanted to look past all of that and just enjoy the actual gameplay, but... it's just a shit world that I've no interest in.

#471 Teeohbee

Teeohbee
  • Members
  • 2723 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

I picked this up a while ago as well for £15 but haven't touched it yet. Playing through The Witcher 2 again at the moment, and will probably have to play something completely different in between as well because TW2 is a damn hard act to follow in RPG terms!

#472 Retroguy

Retroguy
  • Members
  • 1487 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'm usually all over games like this, but I just found this really dull and repetitive after about 10 hours or so, despite trying my best to like it.

The world's way too big for the actual amount of content it contains, there are loads of identikit dungeons and the same monster types pop up all the time.

Even the combat seems strangely unfulfilling, and it does that thing that other action games do with melee combat, where there's like a little pause after you hit the attack button before your guy swings his weapon, and it just doesn't seem 'fluid'. I can't explain it exactly, I think some of the recent spiderman games to it too with melee combat, but it just feels off.

Normally I'm fine with games that are labelled 'generic', but this just didn't do anything for me at all. I could lose another couple of hours to it, but whilst I probably wouldn't exactly be bored playing it, there are many more fun games that would be a better use of my gaming time.

#473 The Disco

The Disco
  • Members
  • 1133 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Actually, just checking my stats while some DLC is downloading* and it's day 100, with 92 hours, 14 tasks on-going, 195 quests done. Got 3.9million in the kitty, a level 40 Polymath (still not unlocked a top tier destiny) with 1812HP, 1045MP and 1258 Armour. Fave weapons are Chakrams (Saboteur's Chakrams that do 191 damage fire/burning) and Longbows (Blazing Longbow of the Inferno that does 156 damage fire/burning). Best weapon is a 240 damage Masterkrafted Prismere Greatsword. Can't seem to craft anything that does higher damage. Highest damage weapon is Fist of Kreios, a hammer that does 254 straight up physical damage, though I'm not a fan of hammers for anything other than Niskaru bosses as they're just to damn slow.

*cheers btw, Jimmy and Cosmic (I caved easily as I really do enjoy this game a lot).

#474 Craster

Craster
  • Supporters
  • 4436 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Even the combat seems strangely unfulfilling, and it does that thing that other action games do with melee combat, where there's like a little pause after you hit the attack button before your guy swings his weapon, and it just doesn't seem 'fluid'. I can't explain it exactly, I think some of the recent spiderman games to it too with melee combat, but it just feels off.

What weapons are you using? The daggers and faeblades make for the most fluid combat I've ever seen.

#475 Retroguy

Retroguy
  • Members
  • 1487 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

What weapons are you using? The daggers and faeblades make for the most fluid combat I've ever seen.

Yeah the daggers seemed ok, but anything bigger, swords, hammers etc, just seemed off to me, kinda jolty.

#476 danbot

danbot
  • Members
  • 4261 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm with Retro. I absolutely love RPGs and they have to do a lot wrong before I lose interest. This didn't. It seemed to do most things pretty nicely aside from the story, art etc. However it somehow felt like considerably less than the sum of it's parts.

#477 Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike
  • Moderators
  • 16273 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well, I just downloaded this through PS Plus, and have put 6 whole hours into it. Playing down the Finesse route so far, but not stealthing anything. All my points into Detect Hidden for the bonuses around finding stuff, that's sensible right? And then it seems Dispelling will come in handy.

#478 Timmo

Timmo

Internationally renowned idiot

• Members
  • 23706 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

Ditto, I downloaded this for a quick go and have been sat for 6 hours. I decided to go for slow, big-hitting guy and I'm loving it. The size of the map is beyond my comprehension, though. Does this game ever end?

Much preferring this to Dragon's Dogma, which I never got on with. The combat feels really solid.

#479 Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike
  • Moderators
  • 16273 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

It's quite liberating knowing I can respec whenever I like if I've fucked it up.

#480 Cosmic_Guru

Cosmic_Guru
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's a brilliant game, I hope someone buys the IP. The only problem really is that by stuffing so much content into the game you will reach the level cap a bit early ( if you do the sidequests that is, which enrich the experience immensely).The combat is so fast, fluid and fun in this, I don't think it has been bettered - well maybe Witcher 2 comes closest. And the first DLC pack is great too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG, 360, PS3, PC

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users