• Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

PS3/PSN

Summary

PRESS CONFERENCE REPEAT

* Montage, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, and many, many more.
* Jack Tretton Appears! PSN Network hack discussed, cracking wise, thanks 3rd party support, thanks retail, consumers are lifeblood, apologies personally and behalf of company for outage. Yammering on about services only those in the US have access to. <_<
* Uncharted 3 stage demo. Ship/Liner level, impressive visuals and lighting. Incredible set-piece. Beta starts June 28th. US get early access to MP in October. <_< New trailer shown, very impressive, Chloe!
* Resistance 3 stage demo. Attack of the grey, not of the more interesting levels they could have demoed. Action looks interesting. R3 Sharpshooter bundle, camera, nav controller, wand, sharpshooter - $150
* God of War Origins Collection. Remastered PSP games - September 2011
* Ico/SOTC Collection - September 2011 - :o :OMG:
* 3D cheaper, PS3 branded 3D display - New tech that allows two players to see two screens not split/screen. Glasses, HDMI, R3 - TV - $499, Glasses - $69.99.
* PS Move coming to big brands.
* 2K Games. NBA 2K 12, Move controls. NBA on the move.
* Medieval Moves - PS Move. Looks fun, I guess.
* Infamous 2. Launch trailer shown. Talking up UGC.
* LittleBigPlanet 2 - More deeper PS Move functionality.
* Starhawk, trailer shown.
* Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Revealed. Trailer shown.
* Dust 514 PS3 exclusive. Hold for applause *Cricket*. Move functionality, PS Home, Vita support, beta 2011, release mid 2012.
* Bioshock Infinite Trailer shown. PS Move support, Levine drunk??? First BS free if you buy BI on PS3.
* Saints Row: The Third - Exclusive game mode.
* Star Trek - Co-Op action adventure - PS Move. Move phaser. Playable prequel on PSN.
* EA exclusives. SSX - PS3 exclusive Fuji mountain. NFS:The Run - exclusive super cars. BF3 - exclusive BF1943 Free. heh, why? :huh:
* PS Suite. Content comes to Android
* Closing speech!

Announcements (retail)

* Medieval Moves
* Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
* PS Move comes to Bioshock Infinite
* Exclusive DLC for Saints Row: The Third, Star Trek, Need for Speed: The Run, SSX and Battlefield 3.
* PS Suite

Announcements (PSN)

* Dust 514 PSN(?) Exclusive

Reveal Trailers/Trailers

E3 Sizzle Reel
PSN Outage Address
Resistance 3 - Road to Redemption
Uncharted 3
Infamous 2
Starhawk
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Dust 514
Bioshock Infinite
God of War: Origins

Stage Demo's

Uncharted 3 - Video
Resistance 3 - Video
NBA 2K 12 - Video
Medieval Move - Video

PS Vita

Summary

* PS Vita official title.
* Vita means life, blurs line between life and entertainment
* Eurogamer - For the standard Wi-Fi model you'll pay €249.99 (£223). For the fancypants 3G plus Wi-Fi model you'll pay €299.99 (£268). (they've since removed the article)
* Joystiq - also list the price as 249.99 Euros, also confirm a global 2011 release - Joystiq
* Montage, Uncharted, Hustle Kings, Little Deviants, and more
* Dust 514 functionality
* Bioshock coming to Vita
* Wi-Fi and 3G models.
* AT&T partnership - LOL with applause of disgust
* Near - Connect with those around you, recommend games, compare trophies, etc.
* Scott Rohde Appears!
* Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Stunning! Dynamic lighting, touch melee, traversal - sticks and touch, tilt controls, not locked into controls, player choice.
* Ruin! Action RPG! PS3 connectivity. Resume game on PS3 from Vita.
* Modnation Racers - New experience, built from the ground up on Vita. PS3 connectivity/cross platform functionality.
* Wipeout 2048 - 8 players using PS3 or Vita.
* Cloud Saves, Content sharing, UGC shareable
* LittleBigPlanet coming to Vita
* Capcom - Street Fighter X Tekken comes to Vita! The liar takes the stage. Cole from Infamous joins the cast! Shown running in Vita
* 80 titles in development from a range of third parties.
* Vita sizzle reel - Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Little Deviants, LBP, SoundShapes, Hustle Kings, Ruin, Modnation Racers, SuperStarDust Delta, AR title and more.

Announcements

* Dust 514 functionality
* Price - 249.99/299.99 Euro
* Global 2011 release
* Bioshock coming to Vita
* EA support confirmed.
* PS Near
* AT&T Partnership
* Ruin - PS3 X play functionality
* Wipeout 2048 - X play functionality
* PS3/Vita content sharing
* Street Fighter X Tekken comes to Vita! Cole as exclusive character.

Reveal Trailers/Trailers

Sizzle Reel
Ruin
Modnation Racers
LittleBigPlanet

Stage Demo's

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Video
Ruin - Video
Modnation Racers - Video
Street Fighter X Tekken - Video

Live Stream
http://e3.gamespot.c...y-e3/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/e3
http://www.g4tv.com/...rences/Sony/95/
http://www.gamepro.c...ess-conference/
http://blog.us.plays...in-your-way-in/
http://en.justin.tv/.../w/1299922528/2
http://uk.ign.com/ev...2011/live-video

Live Blog
http://www.demonofga...ce-live-stream/
http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1172851p1.html
http://arstechnica.c...tm_campaign=rss
http://www.videogame...ive_report.html

So what can we expect?

A new God of War is rumoured, Dust 514 is rumoured to be a PS3 exclusive, we'll certainly learn more about the PS Vita and its line up (both first and hopefully third party), more info/footage from Starhawk and various other titles.

This post will also have a summary from the conference shortly after it ends with regular updates throughout the day with the latest news, trailers, etc.

#2 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 12268 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Fuck God of War.

#3 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15731 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

I wish this was on at a godly hour tomorrow instead. The Sony conferences always bring the lols, but I'm going to have to read about them in work tomorrow instead. :(

#4 Fenton

Fenton
  • Members
  • 6106 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, I was looking forward to enjoying a slice of humble pie from Kaz along with the games news. Not at 1am though.

#5 ronin

ronin
  • Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

Attached File  orcpeon.jpg   59.61KB   4 downloads

#6 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 66095 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, I was looking forward to enjoying a slice of humble piecharts from Kaz along with the games news. Not at 1am though.

Fixed. I don't see them eating much humble pie though, they'll probably brag how great the new security is and how loyal and patient their fans have proved themselves to be and that records have been broken for people online at the same time to update their details and claim their Welcome Back prizes gifted to them by their fantastic benefactors called Sony :)

#7 Pikkewyn

Pikkewyn
  • Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm only tuning in if they're announcing HAZE 2.

#8 SharkEnergy

SharkEnergy
  • Members
  • 4127 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

God of War Online please (i.e. MMO-ASSKICKING)

#9 Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike
  • Committee Member
  • 17204 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

It's going to be a tough E3 for them, for sure. I'm still interested and keen to hear about PSP2, but I don't really know what else they've got other than what should be some shame-faced embarrassment.

What's coming along 1st party that's exciting for PS3? Resistance 3 isn't doing it for me, nor Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. And a new rolling clip of The Last Guardian isn't going to cut it, either.

Now, if they'd just announce a new Colony Wars.

#10 Mr. Pickle

Mr. Pickle
  • Members
  • 2451 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

Fixed. I don't see them eating much humble pie though, they'll probably brag how great the new security is and how loyal and patient their fans have proved themselves to be and that records have been broken for people online at the same time to update their details and claim their Welcome Back prizes gifted to them by their fantastic benefactors called Sony :)

They'll have trouble making that stick when LulzSec hack their presentation PowerPoint live on stage, with a shopped pic of a multi-breasted Kaz in make up, holding a 3DS and playing Kinect, flashing up behind them.

#11 Robo_1

Robo_1
  • Supporters
  • 8365 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

I wish this was on at a godly hour tomorrow instead. The Sony conferences always bring the lols, but I'm going to have to read about them in work tomorrow instead. :(

Ahhh that's a shame. Your commentary last year brought plenty of lols.

I hope it's not going to be too empty in here this evening, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Sony's got in store. Aside from games and Vita info, I'm anticipating some interesting service news, possibly a Google TV partnership.

#12 FamicomFist

FamicomFist
  • Members
  • 1602 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Come on sony wow the crowds, no comedys this year ffs. :facepalm:

#13 Harsin

Harsin
  • Members
  • 15731 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Remember when Jack Tretton invited his very good friend Chewbacca to join him on stage. Good times.

#14 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7634 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

No one mentioned The Last Guardian yet? That must at least be mentioned this conference.

#15 RubberJohnny

RubberJohnny
  • Supporters
  • 17769 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

1am? No way am I watching this.

#16 mdn2

mdn2
  • Members
  • 5147 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

No one mentioned The Last Guardian yet? That must at least be mentioned this conference.

Oh, it will be. "The Last Guardian: Coming Soon!"
:(

#17 Vemsie

Vemsie
  • Supporters
  • 28920 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

It's going to be a tough E3 for them, for sure. I'm still interested and keen to hear about PSP2, but I don't really know what else they've got other than what should be some shame-faced embarrassment.

What's coming along 1st party that's exciting for PS3? Resistance 3 isn't doing it for me, nor Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. And a new rolling clip of The Last Guardian isn't going to cut it, either.

Now, if they'd just announce a new Colony Wars.

Uncharted 3 is the big one, that and God of War 4. Well, those are franchises l really like at least. :) PSV should be good as well. I don't think it will be any worse than the MS one, unless we get an hour of Move games, which l doubt.

#18 Napole0n

Napole0n
  • Supporters
  • 66095 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

Sony has this pretty much in the bag really. Show some cool footage of the upcoming first and third party games, give a good demo of the Vita and maybe some nice PSN games announcements and it's a done deal. Microsoft dropped the ball big time and if there's anybody out there to pick it up, it's Sony.

#19 exwhyzed

exwhyzed
  • Members
  • 6027 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

GT5 DLC, GTVita and GT6 announced.

#20 Jarik

Jarik
  • Members
  • 4584 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

It was my favorite part of last E3, but I shouldn't think they'll be anything more from the Aperture Science Emergency Surprise System, especially with how sensitive Sony will be about being hacked into right about now.

#21 Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike
  • Committee Member
  • 17204 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

I think I did.

Uncharted 3 is the big one, that and God of War 4. Well, those are franchises l really like at least. :) PSV should be good as well. I don't think it will be any worse than the MS one, unless we get an hour of Move games, which l doubt.

I forgot Uncharted 3. I'm definitely really, really looking forward to that, but as an E3 reveal, I'm a bit 'meh' - I know it's coming, I know I'll want it, I don't need to see it (if that makes sense.)

Reading up on things, looks like MS haven't shown anything I'm even envious of. Which is a first, I think. The stage has to be clear for Sony to capture some E3 headlines, but I just can't imagine it, somehow.

#22 DC07

DC07
  • Members
  • 7970 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

I can't be bothered to watch it if it's only scheduled to start at 1am. The way I see it, I'd prefer for it to be great and me to miss watching it live rather than what happened with the Microsoft one for 90 minutes.

#23 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

Knowing Sony, they will probably screw their advantage by replicating everything MS did, but with Move.

#24 Pixelbark

Pixelbark
  • Members
  • 3884 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

Not sure why I'm up for this, but let the party commence!

#25 Comrade

Comrade
  • Members
  • 13728 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

OK, so this is in some ways the most interesting conference just because I'm fascinated to see how they handle the PSN scandal. If they go as triumphalist as these conferences usually do it will go down quite badly I think. I doubt we'll see Kevin Butler, which is a blessing.

#26 murray

murray
  • Supporters
  • 20504 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

Right, what feed is everyone on?

#27 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

Is there anyway of disabling the live comments on the right of the gamestrailer feed? It's annoying and sucking up CPU cycles/net speed, which might be stuttering the video.

#28 snowbind

snowbind
  • Members
  • 29277 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

Youtube, but I am open to changing. I really hope this is a car-crash of Japanese sensibilities.

#29 MotiVater

MotiVater
  • Members
  • 5669 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

Gamespot's HD feed has been decent tonight

#30 Mr. Pickle

Mr. Pickle
  • Members
  • 2451 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:51 PM