Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sarge

Sony E3 Conference - Summary - Post #1

929 posts in this topic

I wish this was on at a godly hour tomorrow instead. The Sony conferences always bring the lols, but I'm going to have to read about them in work tomorrow instead. :(

Yeah, I was looking forward to enjoying a slice of humble pie from Kaz along with the games news. Not at 1am though.

[quote name='fenton' timestamp='1307366325' post='7926332']
Yeah, I was looking forward to enjoying a slice of humble pie[b]charts[/b] from Kaz along with the games news. Not at 1am though.
[/quote]
Fixed. I don't see them eating much humble pie though, they'll probably brag how great the new security is and how loyal and patient their fans have proved themselves to be and that records have been broken for people online at the same time to update their details and claim their Welcome Back prizes gifted to them by their fantastic benefactors called Sony :)

It's going to be a tough E3 for them, for sure. I'm still interested and keen to hear about PSP2, but I don't really know what else they've got other than what should be some shame-faced embarrassment.

What's coming along 1st party that's exciting for PS3? Resistance 3 isn't doing it for me, nor Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. And a new rolling clip of The Last Guardian isn't going to cut it, either.

Now, if they'd just announce a new Colony Wars.

[quote name='Napole0n' timestamp='1307366610' post='7926342']
Fixed. I don't see them eating much humble pie though, they'll probably brag how great the new security is and how loyal and patient their fans have proved themselves to be and that records have been broken for people online at the same time to update their details and claim their Welcome Back prizes gifted to them by their fantastic benefactors called Sony :)
[/quote]
They'll have trouble making that stick when LulzSec hack their presentation PowerPoint live on stage, with a shopped pic of a multi-breasted Kaz in make up, holding a 3DS and playing Kinect, flashing up behind them.

[quote name='Harsin' timestamp='1307366166' post='7926325']
I wish this was on at a godly hour tomorrow instead. The Sony conferences always bring the lols, but I'm going to have to read about them in work tomorrow instead. :(
[/quote]
Ahhh that's a shame. Your commentary last year brought plenty of lols.

I hope it's not going to be too empty in here this evening, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Sony's got in store. Aside from games and Vita info, I'm anticipating some interesting service news, possibly a Google TV partnership.

Remember when Jack Tretton invited his very good friend Chewbacca to join him on stage. Good times.

No one mentioned The Last Guardian yet? That must at least be mentioned this conference.

[quote name='df0' timestamp='1307385926' post='7928487']
No one mentioned The Last Guardian yet? That must at least be mentioned this conference.
[/quote]

Oh, it will be. "The Last Guardian: Coming Soon!"
:(

[quote name='Uncle Mike' timestamp='1307367368' post='7926377']
It's going to be a tough E3 for them, for sure. I'm still interested and keen to hear about PSP2, but I don't really know what else they've got other than what should be some shame-faced embarrassment.

What's coming along 1st party that's exciting for PS3? Resistance 3 isn't doing it for me, nor Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. And a new rolling clip of The Last Guardian isn't going to cut it, either.

Now, if they'd just announce a new Colony Wars.
[/quote]

Uncharted 3 is the big one, that and God of War 4. Well, those are franchises l really like at least. :) PSV should be good as well. I don't think it will be any worse than the MS one, unless we get an hour of Move games, which l doubt.

Sony has this pretty much in the bag really. Show some cool footage of the upcoming first and third party games, give a good demo of the Vita and maybe some nice PSN games announcements and it's a done deal. Microsoft dropped the ball big time and if there's anybody out there to pick it up, it's Sony.

It was my favorite part of last E3, but I shouldn't think they'll be anything more from the Aperture Science Emergency Surprise System, especially with how sensitive Sony will be about being hacked into right about now.

[quote name='df0' timestamp='1307385926' post='7928487']
[/quote]I think I did.

[quote name='Vemsie' timestamp='1307386336' post='7928537']
Uncharted 3 is the big one, that and God of War 4. Well, those are franchises l really like at least. :) PSV should be good as well. I don't think it will be any worse than the MS one, unless we get an hour of Move games, which l doubt.
[/quote]
I forgot Uncharted 3. I'm definitely really, really looking forward to that, but as an E3 reveal, I'm a bit 'meh' - I know it's coming, I know I'll want it, I don't need to see it (if that makes sense.)

Reading up on things, looks like MS haven't shown anything I'm even envious of. Which is a first, I think. The stage has to be clear for Sony to capture some E3 headlines, but I just can't imagine it, somehow.

I can't be bothered to watch it if it's only scheduled to start at 1am. The way I see it, I'd prefer for it to be great and me to miss watching it live rather than what happened with the Microsoft one for 90 minutes.

Knowing Sony, they will probably screw their advantage by replicating everything MS did, but with Move.

OK, so this is in some ways the most interesting conference just because I'm fascinated to see how they handle the PSN scandal. If they go as triumphalist as these conferences usually do it will go down quite badly I think. I doubt we'll see Kevin Butler, which is a blessing.