StarCraft 1 Campaign Remade in SC2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 diggler

diggler
  • Members
  • 3429 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

Not noticed any mention of this, but the original campaign has been remade in SC2 already, and to a very, very high standard I must say. So far the Terran and Zerg campaigns are finished and available, with the Protoss one on the way. Hopefully Brood War will be done at some point. These remakes include all the voice samples and music of the original ported over to the new engine, along with mission briefings, cutscenes and of course all the units and tech trees.

I never played much of the original so I can't say how the difficulty compares, but I've found this infinitely harder than SC2's campaign (which I recently finished on hard). The final Terran mission has me completely stuck in particular. Would be cool to hear from old skool fans and how they think it compares. Lovely stuff though, and after recently installing the original StarCraft and playing through the opening tutorial, I'm finding this a lot more enjoyable in light of all the pretty.

Terran campaign;
http://www.sc2mapste...e-1-rebel-yell/

Zerg campaign;
http://www.sc2mapste...ode-2-overmind/

Posted Image

#2 snowbind

snowbind
  • Members
  • 29270 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Awesome. I have been playing through the original, as I got Broodwar on a usb stick with the collectors edition.

Great find.

#3 snowbind

snowbind
  • Members
  • 29270 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

Where do I put the maps? The directory on the sites FAQ isn't correct.

#4 diggler

diggler
  • Members
  • 3429 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:26 AM

The instructions worked alright for me. I put the mod in "c:\program files\Starcraft II\Mods" and the maps in "c:\program files\Starcraft II\Maps\Rebel Yell".

I also made the .SC2map extension automatically open up in StarCraft II.exe when you double click them so you can just double click the first level to play. It will automatically load the next mission as you complete them.

#5 snowbind

snowbind
  • Members
  • 29270 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Herp a derp I only grabbed the map files.

#6 Headache

Headache
  • Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

Awesome, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

#7 morg

morg
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

There's a terrible FPS section.

(apart from that, it's cool).

#8 diggler

diggler
  • Members
  • 3429 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

Yeah I'm currently stuck on the Zerg FPS level :/ No idea why they threw those in there. Make it optional, at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users