Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daley

First PS3 game announced

74 posts in this topic

It's online eh...?

Let's hope Sony do a better job with PS3 than they've done with the Online side of PS2...it just stinks compared to XBox Live.

Can't access site... must be the firewall... what game is it?

Can't access site... must be the firewall... what game is it?

First PS3 game confirmed

[10/12/2003: 09:31]

Gran Turismo 5? Metal Gear Solid 4? Grand Theft Auto 4? Nope. It's a "vehicle-based game" from Climax

Brighton-based developers Climax have become the first company to confirm that they're currently working on a game for PlayStation 3. Codenamed Avalon, the game is also planned for release on Xbox 2.

The vehicle-based affair apparently sees the studio branching out to include land, sea and air vehicles. Blimey.

Beyond that - and the usual bumf about "groundbreaking graphics, sensational sound and gripping gameplay" - Climax have only stated that the game is "already at a remarkably advanced stage of development with a fully playable online prototype housed at the Brighton office."

However, Climax have yet to secure a publisher for the game. We'll bring you more news on PS3, Xbox 2 and, indeed, Avalon as soon as we have it.

It's a "vehicle-based game" codenamed 'Avalon' by Climax.

And wouldn't the first "official" game announced for PS3 be GTA4 as it's development for the was console was confirmed months ago?

First PS3 game confirmed

[10/12/2003: 09:31]

Gran Turismo 5? Metal Gear Solid 4? Grand Theft Auto 4? Nope. It's a "vehicle-based game" from Climax

Brighton-based developers Climax have become the first company to confirm that they're currently working on a game for PlayStation 3. Codenamed Avalon, the game is also planned for release on Xbox 2.

The vehicle-based affair apparently sees the studio branching out to include land, sea and air vehicles. Blimey.

Beyond that - and the usual bumf about "groundbreaking graphics, sensational sound and gripping gameplay" - Climax have only stated that the game is "already at a remarkably advanced stage of development with a fully playable online prototype housed at the Brighton office."

However, Climax have yet to secure a publisher for the game. We'll bring you more news on PS3, Xbox 2 and, indeed, Avalon as soon as we have it.

Hmm, now why don't I feel very excited...... :blink:

Climax, eh? They don't have kits, they don't have specs, they're just starting a new project and saying it'll be out on PS3 to drum up press and publisher interest.

I'm telling you, it's nothing to get excited about yet. They're just guess-timating the PS2 specs and planning a project that will take advantage of what they reckon the machine will be able to do.

Its a bit cheeky calling it a PS3 game when you don't have it running on PS3 hardware. Sony are probably raising their eyebrows at this one.

The vehicle-based affair apparently sees the studio branching out to include land, sea and air vehicles.

Nice - a new generation of consoles, and what do we get first? Another bloody Spy Hunter. :blink:

Due to the extraordinary amounts of brown smelly stuff being bantered around regarding PS2 at it's launch, I think I'll wait 6-12 months after the PAL release of PS3 before thinking about dipping a toe in the Sony water again.

Been there. Done that. Found the T-Shirt to be too tight, and 100% polyester.

Does this mean that they'll have a PS3 dev kit... or are they ostensibly just making a PS2 game that will be portable to the new format?

Edit: :blink: Nick just answered my question.

Climax, eh? They don't have kits, they don't have specs, they're just starting a new project and saying it'll be out on PS3 to drum up press and publisher interest.

Wrong, wrong, wrong...

And Climax are one of the most respected developers in the industry right now.

Fantastic.

Brand new hardware, a whole new generation of home games entertainment.

What do we get?

Another sodding racing game. :blink:

Current annoyances:

"Alot"

"Could of"

"Sequal"

"Rediculous"

"Wind Walker"

Can you add using "it's" as the possessive to that list?

Oh, and PS3? I've not even got a PS2 yet.

Tim ™

Current annoyances:

"Alot"

"Could of"

"Sequal"

"Rediculous"

"Wind Walker"

Can you add using "it's" as the possessive to that list?

It doesn't annoy me... yet. :blink:

Any developer worth their salt can start making games for PS3, XB2, etc. purely because they'll have a fair idea of the power (lots) and the hardware (HD, Online). Basically, the next gen are going to be very much like the current but more powerful therefore the games can begin to be developed, but just having the polygon count upped - personally I can't see what else there is left to do.

Runabout is good though, well its fun at least, besides climax have done many other games.

Sure, a lot of their games aren't actually that good but technically they're practically unmatched... Climax are gonna be one of the biggest developers in a few years time I'm sure.

I see they're not making it for the next-generation Nintendo console.

Nintendo is teh doomed!!11!!

The first next generation game is...

a racing game.

I tell's ya, it's today's equivalent of platform games. Dullin'.

How do you know it's a racing game? And fucking hell, the consoles will launch with more than one title, you know?

How do you know it's a racing game? And fucking hell, the consoles will launch with more than one title, you know?

Except Nintendo's.

;)

"groundbreaking graphics, sensational sound and gripping gameplay"

It's a sure fire winner.