FIFA 12

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#61 Jamin

Jamin
  • Members
  • 8083 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

True that, I remember FIFA 10 being ridiculous for chipping. I never used to do it personally, so maybe that's why you don't recall it Timmo? Being an upstanding gent I would imagine you wouldn't have exploited it! But I know some people did. I remember a league game where I conceded 5 chips in one game which pissed me off no end.

To be fair to EA I think the balance in FIFA 11 now is just right.

#62 AlfromSleep

AlfromSleep
  • Members
  • 4577 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm terrible at chipping on FIFA 11, the odd fluke here and there but mostly they go straight to the 'keeper

#63 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4101 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm with Timmo on this, I just don't get the air of negativity in here - an online message board folder entirely dedicated to the playing of Fifa. There's a five-tiered 1v1 league with 60 members, a forum BAP club and a Thursday night six-team BAP league, all based around one game that's £27 from selected supermarkets.

I mean, what do you moaners want? It's almost certainly your most played video game in your collection, which must mean you love it. Yet some of you complain like it's an utter abomination. You're clearly going to buy it on launch day, just like me, so why pretend you hate it?

Hey, there's flaws. Of course. And some of the online components don't work properly all the time. And yes, if they tweaked so-&so it'd play better. Well I guess it's not perfect. But it doesn't half give a fuck-load of entertainment for twenty-seven fucking quid.

So, given all that, anyone else apart from me and Timmo looking forward to it? Or is everyone finally decided to stick it to EA and buy Rock Band XIII - Avril Lavigne's Cunt Smasher?

#64 Jamin

Jamin
  • Members
  • 8083 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

I'm looking forward to it! Just personally I would rather EA fixed all the current problems before they introduce some other unwanted bobbins. I'm sure FIFA 12 will be an improvement nevertheless!

You're clearly going to buy it on launch day, just like me.

Does this mean you'll be returning to BAP? :hat:

#65 Pilotwings

Pilotwings
  • Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'm with Timmo on this

You don't say! I'm pretty sure if Timmo bent over you would lick his brown like an ice cream.

#66 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4101 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'd be on the waiting list already if I knew I could definitely make the games. :D

#67 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4101 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

You don't say! I'm pretty sure if Timmo bent over you would lick his brown like an ice cream.

I'd much rather he fucked me in my anus.

#68 AlfromSleep

AlfromSleep
  • Members
  • 4577 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

I look forward to every FIFA and IMO they have continually improved (for 1 v 1 online I must state) things since I took the plunge with FIFA08

#69 Timmo

Timmo

Internationally renowned idiot

• Members
  • 24283 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

True that, I remember FIFA 10 being ridiculous for chipping. I never used to do it personally, so maybe that's why you don't recall it Timmo? Being an upstanding gent I would imagine you wouldn't have exploited it!

If I'd known this exploit at the time I'd have chipped your tits off.

#70 Pilotwings

Pilotwings
  • Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'd much rather he fucked me in my anus.

With an ice cream?

#71 Pants McSkill

Pants McSkill
  • Supporters
  • 4101 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Mint Magnum to be specific.

#72 Charliemouse

Charliemouse
  • Members
  • 7583 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

I prefer a Feast myself , all the biscuity bits really do hit the right spot.

#73 AlfromSleep

AlfromSleep
  • Members
  • 4577 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

#74 Pilotwings

Pilotwings
  • Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

I prefer a Fist myself.

Cornetto here!

#75 Timmo

Timmo

Internationally renowned idiot

• Members
  • 24283 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

If we're going to continue to discuss which ice cream van favourite you'd like me to forcefully jam up your rectum, maybe it should be in a topic of its own (or possibly an offshoot forum, mods?).

#76 Seanfl9

Seanfl9
  • Members
  • 4689 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

Pilotwings used to be such a nice guy ;)

#77 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

I prefer a Feast myself , all the biscuity bits really do hit the right spot.

The Mint ones also leave a tingly, clean feeling.

Cornetto here!

Fat end first I'm guessing?

#78 Pilotwings

Pilotwings
  • Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Fat end first I'm guessing?

Yeah why not! I have Fat Cat -rep.

#79 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

After hearing some more feedback on 12, it's interesting to note that, perhaps, it could be entirely different.

Hope springs eternal and all that.

I do feel for a dev team that have a year turn around; it's not easy. It might end up as something like 6 months of solid dev time...consider patches for the last version, downtime, bug bashing, general mucking about, sickness and holidays and it takes it's toll.

Also consider that the new impact engine has taken 2 years to make. This could be an important point; because they're really thinking ahead and future proofing - effectively working on a 2 versions constantly.

FIFA from 09 onwards has been fantastic, and while there are niggles here and there I seem to recall this happening with every football game I've ever played. I swore at PES online more than I did FIFA. And with every football match ive ever played; people over run it or won't pass half the time. That's just the way it is...

#80 ryanski

ryanski
  • Members
  • 3355 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

buy Rock Band XIII - Avril Lavigne's Cunt Smasher?

Diss Rock Band again and you'll get a drum stick inserted in your anus. :excl:

#81 Fry Crayola

Fry Crayola
  • Members
  • 19417 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Also consider that the new impact engine has taken 2 years to make. This could be an important point; because they're really thinking ahead and future proofing - effectively working on a 2 versions constantly.

It strikes me as odd that the alternative - they work on one version at a time - enters anyone's mind. It's an iterative game, they know they're guaranteed to be releasing another version 12 months after the current, so they'll always have people dedicated to longer scale changes. It's the only way to get anything serious done - without it, we'd never have had FIFA 08 on which to build.

#82 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

It's never been made clear that this is the case, and certainly this never used to happen.

#83 Fry Crayola

Fry Crayola
  • Members
  • 19417 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

It strikes me as the obvious way to go about any yearly release if you've any intention of keeping up with technological progress.

Otherwise we'd really only get the same game with a data update that some people still bizarrely believe happens.

#84 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

No, you'd get a game with about the usual amount of updates that they've been churning out since 09. Last years "features" weren't anything at all. The heavily pushed be a goalkeeper feature was just changing the camera angle, a ball trail, and letting you move the player around. The actual saving was so automated it was still mostly the CPU AI taking over. It wasn't a real goalkeeper mode at all.
The menus for it probably took longer to create than the rest of it.

What can you pinpoint that took them 2 years to refine from 09 to 11 that was introduced in 11?

#85 dan_tm

dan_tm
  • Members
  • 21414 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

As Fry says, there won't be just one dedicated team working on FIFA 10/11/12/13/etc. Sure, they'll have a group of people working on each individual title for iteration-specific development, such as for coding menus, implementing game modes and general testing and bug-fixing, but they'll have other teams constantly working round the clock 12 months a year on longer term series-related projects.

They will have a team dedicated to just finding and implementing new technology into the engine all year round for example. There will come a cut-off point probably 4 or 5 months before release where whatever level the engine is at it'll be frozen in terms of developing new features and tested/optimised the limit to be used in the upcoming version. Work will still continue behind the scenes on making improvements to the engine though, they're almost certainly working on new additions for FIFA'13 already.

The statement that they've written everything from the ground up for 2012 is largely misleading I'd imagine.

#86 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

...and the point was not disputed, rather that this is most likely a change they've made the last couple of years rather than precious when FIFA was utterly toilet.

#87 Fry Crayola

Fry Crayola
  • Members
  • 19417 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

What can you pinpoint that took them 2 years to refine from 09 to 11 that was introduced in 11?

I can't personally pinpoint anything, but I'd be surprised if everything new was thrown together in just six months. It's rather easy to look at something after the fact and determine how to do it - just look at how quickly clones can appear - but coming at it from the unknown will always take longer.

Any decent sized software company with an iterative product, in any business, is going to have some people working on R&D.

Besides, we already know they have multiple teams as the guys working on the tournament games have been confirmed to be a separate team. Do we believe those guys are therefore working to a two year schedule for one game and do absolutely nothing that isn't included in later FIFA games?

#88 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

There's a lot of crossover. Silly discussion this, it's not like I don't know how it works or what likely timeframes are for features etc :P

#89 smithstock

smithstock
  • Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

You don't. Prick.

#90 Dinobot

Dinobot
  • Supporters
  • 11438 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

You don't. Prick.