Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meerman

F1 season III [Xbox360]

6,466 posts in this topic

[*]Rolling restarts if 2 or more players are involved in an accident within the first lap, or when 2 or more are disconnected from the session (at any point). Race length will be reduced depending on laps driven at that point.

Hmmm, not sure about this. By accident you mean retirement, right? Because we've had plenty of races where a couple have nudged each other resulting in a concertina effect and a few spins. Makes the race fun!

Also I think there should be a cutoff point for any restarts if 2+ are disconnected at any point... say once 60-75% of the race is done? Imagine someone 30 seconds in front with 10% of the race left, for everyone to bunch up again for what would be a sprint race isn't fair on everyone who pulled out a gap for most of the race.

Having said that, it happens in F1 with the safety car all the time, so it could be just like the real thing!

I agree there should be a cut off, but i don't have a problem with gaps being closed. As you say it's like a safety car. Which may even be present in 2011. I also agree that restarts should only happen if the 1st corner is mayhem. Like proper mayhem. We've judged it pretty well so far so i think we should carry on the same.

Hmmm, not sure about this. By accident you mean retirement, right? Because we've had plenty of races where a couple have nudged each other resulting in a concertina effect and a few spins. Makes the race fun!

Also I think there should be a cutoff point for any restarts if 2+ are disconnected at any point... say once 60-75% of the race is done? Imagine someone 30 seconds in front with 10% of the race left, for everyone to bunch up again for what would be a sprint race isn't fair on everyone who pulled out a gap for most of the race.

Having said that, it happens in F1 with the safety car all the time, so it could be just like the real thing!

Yeah, retirements, proper accidents like torpedoing into someone or other destruction. Not mere nudges.

Have you not been in that race where we have restarted two times for Chucky's unfortunate disconnects? I believe you were the 'safety car' when we tried it. It's exactly like that again, nothing has or will change. We'll decide things on the fly and what will be appropriate at that time in the race. I've just put the rule there to let everyone know we may do restarts if needed. :)

No qually points? Kind of reduces it's significance...

Yes, qually points. Goes without saying after 2 seasons, what. :P

Have you not been in that race where we have restarted two times for Chucky's unfortunate disconnects?

Buh? I recall only Barcelona...

Buh? I recall only Barcelona...

One disconnect, sorry. We restarted that one twice. You dropped out, we quit out to await your return but you didn't show up for a while so we posted a message on the forum that we would do a restart for you. We did a safety car rolling start to try if it worked. Halfway through that you came back online and we decided to restart again.

Yep, Monza's great. 15 minutes of Grand Prix mode and I'm on 1'25"6 with 15 laps of fuel on board. :D

Is the Indian GP on this game? If not how about using the Bah Rain GP instead?

How can it be. The new cars haven't even raced yet in their 100% final form. They'll be well on their way but the game will always drop mid season.

I would have signed up for this but looks like you're full up already. Maybe next time....

I would have signed up for this but looks like you're full up already. Maybe next time....

Well, if enough people still sign up, there can be a 2nd group.

Unless everyone comes in here with that "would have signed up but it's already full" mindset, of course. :P

Teams and drivers revealed in the first post of this thread!

I'll do you proud Richard.

Branson, not you Meerpy.

Get over it, Myoozakk. All cars are equal in performance, it's only a different shape and livery.

Damn me and my mindset 8)

I signed up. Currently I'm the only driver signed up for league B. Provided I don't total the car at every race, I should win the championship!

Actually, I've only just now seen the last page of posts ... 'my car' is the Red Bull. I'm defo up for swapping. :sherlock: