• 17272 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

I am very tempted by this.

#32 Gizamaluke

Gizamaluke
  • Supporters
  • 4482 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I don't like the idea of paying £20 odd quid up front for a game I won't be able to finish for five months, that's the only thing stopping me clicking buy on Steam.

#33 Space Renegade Ulala

Space Renegade Ulala
  • Members
  • 15525 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

I eagerly await a chapter where you spend an Old Testament lifetime fucking about doing nothing on a farm being bored out of your mind.

#34 Jimmy Shedders

Jimmy Shedders
  • Members
  • 3136 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I eagerly await a chapter where you spend an Old Testament lifetime fucking about doing nothing on a farm being bored out of your mind.

"Press X and A to make Carl stay in the fucking house"

#35 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4472 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Downloading on Steam as we speak. Zombies! :hug:

#36 Bojangle

Bojangle
  • Members
  • 11685 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Do you get the option to kill Carol, Lori and Andrea in this? Instant purchase if so.

#37 Karzee

Karzee
  • Members
  • 8211 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

At the end of the episode there were some 'Catherine'-type stats which list out the choices you made and what % of other players chose.

#38 Vespa Alex

Vespa Alex
  • Members
  • 1891 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

"Press X and A to make Carl stay in the fucking house"

Carl is *never* in the fucking house.

#39 Space Renegade Ulala

Space Renegade Ulala
  • Members
  • 15525 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

"Press X to SOOOOOOOOPHIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA", surely?

#40 Bojangle

Bojangle
  • Members
  • 11685 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

"Press X to SOOOOOOOOPHIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA", surely?

Pres X to punch the shit out of Carol's face.

I get annoyed just thinking about her.

#41 spork

spork
  • Supporters
  • 4472 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Just finished the first episode. Felt a bit slow but certainly had its moments and the end was pretty good.

Will definitely be replaying it soon to see some of the other outcomes.

#42 Rudi von Starnberg

Rudi von Starnberg
  • Committee Member
  • 17272 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

One of my friends played it and told me it was indeed good, so I caved last night and bought it. Just polished off the little bit that I had left.

Really liked this. An order of magnitude more interesting than the TV show (not read the comics). Great atmosphere and the choice-and-consequence stuff was lovely - looks like it's going to carry on impressively into the next episodes. Nice to see another game taking a leaf out of Alpha Protocol's book with dialogue timers.

#43 Jasberfloob

Jasberfloob
  • Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Played through the first 4 chapters and a chunk of 5 (there are 7) and I'm really enjoying myself do far

Some of the choices can be very hard and you literally have a split decision in which to make them.

For this very reason the control options auto set to a 360 pad. I did try just using a keyboard and mouse but it was very clunky

The art styles pretty similar to the comics and although cell shaded I feel that the muted colours suit the game play

I'm looking forwards to finishing it tonight and eagerly await the next installments

#44 Rudi von Starnberg

Rudi von Starnberg
  • Committee Member
  • 17272 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Keyboard and mouse works fine except for one thing - the dialogue/option selection button is return or enter, which is really far away from WASD. It might also be bound to another key but the one that made most sense to me - space - does nothing.

There's also a few small issues with audio quality - it's quite low and hissy from time to time - but other than that it all worked well for me.

#45 fatoy.japa

fatoy.japa
  • Members
  • 6934 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

It seems as though the iOS release might be a way off, so I don't suppose this is scheduled to hit Live Arcade any time soon? My fiancee enjoys the TV show a great deal, so she's expressed an interest in playing this. I suspect she'd prefer touch controls, but I think she could stretch to a gamepad.

#46 Jimmy Shedders

Jimmy Shedders
  • Members
  • 3136 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Well looking at the IGN video review they played the 360 version so hopefully it shoudn't be too far off!

#47 Jimmy Shedders

Jimmy Shedders
  • Members
  • 3136 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Major Nelson has confirmed that this will be released on Friday for the 360 :)

#48 deerokus

deerokus
  • Members
  • 11683 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm very tempted too, probably get the 360 version so I can just buy the first episode and see how it is rather than committing to the full thing as you have to on Steam.

#49 Mystacon

Mystacon
  • Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Anyone else having problems downloading this from the Playstation Store? I bought it and then noticed the game download is only just over 2mb in size. Thought that was a bit weird and sure enough it's downloaded it, says it's installed but then it's nowhere to be found.

Am I being thick?

#50 Rain Birds

Rain Birds
  • Members
  • 1370 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Anyone else having problems downloading this from the Playstation Store? I bought it and then noticed the game download is only just over 2mb in size. Thought that was a bit weird and sure enough it's downloaded it, says it's installed but then it's nowhere to be found.

Am I being thick?

Have you downloaded the unlock key and not the game? Check your download list.

#51 Mystacon

Mystacon
  • Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

That's what I thought but I can't seem to see it anywhere. Weird.

#52 diggler

diggler
  • Members
  • 3429 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I really liked this, it's the best Telltale game in a long while. Really nails the atmosphere of the comic/show. It says a lot that the characters in this are already a far more likable bunch than those on the show too :/

#53 Mystacon

Mystacon
  • Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

So I found out what the problem was. It turns out you have to download the trial of the game first and then the file you pay £15.99 for unlocks the full episode from that. Seems pretty ridiculous really, I never wanted the trial I just wanted the whole thing...

Anyway, problem solved.

#54 Jonnysaxc

Jonnysaxc
  • Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

I like the bit in RE4 when the house gets stormed, would be great to have other games like that too
looking forward to this, it does sound a bit like a fighting fantasy book choose your adventure

#55 Rain Birds

Rain Birds
  • Members
  • 1370 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

So I found out what the problem was. It turns out you have to download the trial of the game first and then the file you pay £15.99 for unlocks the full episode from that. Seems pretty ridiculous really, I never wanted the trial I just wanted the whole thing...

Anyway, problem solved.

Yeah, that's what I meant; it's the way on a lot of PSN games that also have trials, certainly it's always the case with Telltale's stuff. Sorry for not making myself clearer initially!

#56 Mystacon

Mystacon
  • Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant; it's the way on a lot of PSN games that also have trials, certainly it's always the case with Telltale's stuff. Sorry for not making myself clearer initially!

Ah, no worries! :)

I figured what you said about it being an unlock file was probably the case, I just didn't realise the trial was what was needed. I do think it's a bit of a silly way of doing it though.

Cheers!

#57 Rudi von Starnberg

Rudi von Starnberg
  • Committee Member
  • 17272 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I really liked this, it's the best Telltale game in a long while. Really nails the atmosphere of the comic/show. It says a lot that the characters in this are already a far more likable bunch than those on the show too :/

Agreed on all counts. Telltale should switch to making choose-your-own-adventure games full time instead of the Use Guyrope On Inflatable Rabbit shite.

#58 Cosmic_Guru

Cosmic_Guru
  • Members
  • 5112 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

What sort of game is this ?

#59 Karzee

Karzee
  • Members
  • 8211 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Point and click really.

#60 Rudi von Starnberg

Rudi von Starnberg
  • Committee Member
  • 17272 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

It's a bit Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain in a way except it's got about 3 proper QTEs in the whole thing so far and they just involve two buttons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users