Extremely Annoying Thing about Xbox live

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NumberSix

NumberSix
  • Members
  • 6635 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:52 AM

So, I joined a Top Spin competition from the xsn site, right? a season with eight players, none of whom I knew. Just fancied trying it out.

There's a lot of games in a season, so i'd have had to play something like ten over a week.

Anyhow, the competition gets activated, and I try and get in touch with my first round fella.

Nothing.

Goes to a coin toss, which I win.

Try and get in touch with my second round fella.

Nothing.

And so on.

Here's the extra annoying part though - my sportsmanship rating is now down to one bloody star, because I didn't make the games.

That's very shit.

#2 CurryKitten

CurryKitten
  • Members
  • 3502 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:28 AM

I haven't got TopSpin, but how does this work - if you are in different timezones then how do you know when you opponent will be on and how do you arrange to turn up and stuff ? The XSN stuff does look very interesting, but I'd like to know how it decides who has defaulted on the match ?

There is a message board in Steel Battalion which I have the same confusion with, it says things like "Decider for sale, come to the chat room at 9pm if you want to buy" 9pm in who's country.

#3 spaceyjase

spaceyjase
  • Members
  • 11276 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:36 AM

PSO has an internet time thing, which is really cool 'cos it's the same the world over - you just arrange to meet based on that. Still don't get around the fact people don't bother though :)

#4 NumberSix

NumberSix
  • Members
  • 6635 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:37 AM

The XSN stuff does look very interesting, but I'd like to know how it decides who has defaulted on the match ?

That's exactly what I'm so pissed off about. If you decide you can't play me, and you forfeit the game, it doesn't affect me. If you just ignore me, and it goes to a coin toss, it treats it as if neither of us turned up.

When you create a tourny, it has a message board attached. The problem is if the person you're due to play simply ignores you, you have no comeback.

Still a great game though, defo worth getting. The online side of it just adds so much. Every player you face is different. Ace.

The online interface needs some work though, to be fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users