F1 2011

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 djbhammer

djbhammer
  • Members
  • 2900 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Credit due to Myoozikk who stared this off from a comment he made to Helios. Myoozikk listed his most wanted list for F1 2011 and Helios has asked for a top 10 definitive list. So I thought it would be a good idea if people can list their own top 10 wanted features and then Myoozikk can send the 10 most popular mentioned ideas to Helios.

For those not in the know, Helios is the F1 Community Manager for Codemasters.

Here's mine then in no particular order:

Safety Car

Formation Lap

Podium/celebration sequence

Full 24 online grid (preferable 24 human,if not possible 12 human/12 AI)

Spectator mode for online races

More AI driver error

Grid walk featuring Martin Brundle and Pit babes (wink wink)

Full working side mirrors or small top screen rear view mirror

More and different looking engineers for each team

Test/reserve driver role working up to race seat in career mode

#2 Boozy The Clown

Boozy The Clown
  • Members
  • 13185 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

A bit of help with the tracks. A walkthrough or video showing what to do with the car at key points. Doesn't have to be from an F1 driver. Kinda like you got in the old McRae games. As much as I like racing games F1 is pretty difficult. I'm not looking for more compterisation or aids but some advice on each track and maybe an overview of the history involved.

Stuff that can add to the overall atmosphere and awe associated with formula 1 from the past to the presnt day.

Maybe some more information regarding the technical aspects of the car along with some car pron images ala Forza or NFS. Having a sultry laydee(Mariella Frostrup) explain what an F Duct and diffuser are and do would be sweet.

A short video for each track along with some historical footage of epic moments from the past.

More team radio with different voices for each team.

I'll add more later but that's a start.

#3 Captain LeChuck

Captain LeChuck
  • Members
  • 14456 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

1. Fair tyre and fuel simulation in the single player career - Why? Because when I was in a wet race that was turning dry and my inters went off really quickly on the dry line, I of course had to pit in for dry tyres; the AI did not have to pit in at all, and because of that I ended up dropping from 1st to 11th, and then up to an eventual 6th. :hmm:

2. Realistic goals, offers from other teams, and car performance when driving in career mode - I won the WDC in my first season against Professional AI and with only Full TCS as an assist ... all in a HRT! My car should NOT have been competitive, even against Amateur AI.

3. Unlimited flashbacks - By all means tailor the achievements to specific difficulties for the knobheads who care about their leet gamerscore, but let me make as many mistakes as I want if I don't care about that bullshit.

4. The ability to re-start an on-line race, with the exact same grid from the qualifying round, or simply a customisable grid for each race - This is a GLARING omission from the current game.

5. Tone down the Disqualifications in online/careeer races for seriously cutting just ONE corner. I was midway through a race at Shanghai which turned wet - I slid at THAT hairpin (you know the one) and ended up facing the wrong way. If I'd have turned right I'd have ended up on the racing line just as a car was coming through, so I went for safety and turned left and cut a chunk of the hairpin out ... and got disqualified. Seriously harsh.

6. Drivers moving to other teams for future seasons, younger/test drivers coming through over the years, older drivers retiring.

7. Full Damage to literally mean full damage - right now the damage model is shit, with invincible rear wings. :rolleyes:

8. A racing engineer who is not a patronising cunt

9. More use of my first name from said race engineer who is not a patronising cunt

10. The easter egg whereby, if I call myself Felipe, my agent and race engineer refers to me as Felipe Baby!

Ok yeah, I ran out of ideas towards the end.

#4 morcs

morcs
  • Supporters
  • 15193 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

Abu Dhabi day into night needs adding.

I like the safety car suggestion best so far.

Much better interval times to leading and trailing cars as well (easy fix, see ANY other driving game!) and would be good to see what pit everybody is on.

#5 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 24069 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

All of the above, plus:

• More players online (would a Blur-like 20 be too much for the old engine?)
  • Upgraded physics engine (steal Forza 3's one)
  • A "Go back to the lobby" online menu option (like the one in Forza 3)
  • Longer qualifying sessions online (20-30 minutes would be better - or maybe add the long/short weekend thing from the single player?)

And most importantly:

• DO NOT FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN

#6 myoozikk

myoozikk
  • Members
  • 15026 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

If you crash out or are DSQ in online MP be able to view the race, not just a board.

#7 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

Theatre Mode, saving races and clips so you can make your own highlights reel.

Being able to watch other drivers when you're in the garage/retired/DSQ, like in Geoff Crammond's F1GP series. Would be perfect for drivers to learn how the fastest car drives, and wouldn't be instant race over for retirees.

Taking the pit girls back to the motor home and getting 'rewards' based on your race position.

Watching car retirements get craned out.

Race marshals waving flags, moving cars out the way etc... not just a message on screen with a yellow flag.

Martin's grid walk... and having interviews carried out there. Give the player a free roaming choice... they could be reviewing race strategy on the grid whilst ignoring everyone else, talking to the press or fondling the girl holding your flag.

Rob Smedley as the voice of the engineer.

Customisable helmet design.

#8 djbhammer

djbhammer
  • Members
  • 2900 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

'Taking the pit girls back to the motor home and getting 'rewards' based on your race position.'

Best idea yet goes to dayte!! F1 2011 could be an 18 rated driving game!! :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

#9 SF-02

SF-02
  • Members
  • 1169 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

1. Bring a greater sense of F1 history to the game. Vids of classic races in the pre race screens, and also how tracks have changed. A couple of classic tracks and cars.

2. Include the Paul Ricard test track all the f1 teams test on, and the Ferrari test track if possible. Ricard is owned by Bernie though so may cost a bit.

3. Car failures and car gremlins affecting performance, and varied ones at that.

4. Much better damage engine.

5. Safety car.

6. Flatspots on tyres and greater sings of degredation.

#10 djbhammer

djbhammer
  • Members
  • 2900 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

A work colleague has given me his 10 list, as follows (!):

If the AI/on-line gamer takes you out of a race, you should have the ability to chase after them at the scene of the accident and give them a slap. Copying the format from one of the Wrestling games would be sufficient. (imagine the satisfaction of throwing Alonso into a barrier and hitting him over the head with one of the marshalls flags)

More car failures for both the user and AI

Deduction of ranking points if quitting games and causing accidents through dangerous driving whilst playing on-line.
(again point 1. could come into play aswell in this situation)

Having the ability to sack an agent as my current one keeps getting my name wrong by calling me "Dan"

Make over-taking harder (still too easy in my opinion)

Have Nelson Piquet Jr as your team mate to assist with you winning races

Ability to chat up Hamilton and Button's partners (receive extra ranking points if successful)

Able to start a new team (design the cars and choose team mate)

Go out partying with Flavio Briatore in Monaco before and after a race

Have a fight with Bernie Eccelstone on the grid before a race (Point 1. yet again comes into the equation)

#11 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 24069 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

I have another one:

2 player co-op career. Drive for the same team and all that.

#12 djbhammer

djbhammer
  • Members
  • 2900 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

I have another one:

Ooooh, I like that one, that would be awesome. Co-op achievements too maybe.

#13 fragglerock

fragglerock
  • Supporters
  • 8697 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

I would like more info on HOW to drive the cars, Clearly the experts like Meerman found it pretty easy to get to grips with braking points etc, but I flounder around like a twat and have yet to qualify more than 20th place I think!

The thing is I am not sure where I am going wrong (apart from everywhere clearly :D) and the engi saying "slow in all 3 sectors" does not really help me. If I could compare my throttle/brake pattern to my team mate that would help a load.

Also I played during the real season and used it as a way to get to know the upcoming races track, if it could communicate what corner you were driving through that would be great too.

I would also like more feedback (even if it is a bit cheatey) on if my tyres are working correctly, what my fuel load is, should I be tweaking the front wing, what type of setup should I be using for THIS track.

Infinite attempts at each corner would also be good, the limited resets just seems mean.

#14 morcs

morcs
  • Supporters
  • 15193 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

We're cutting out the nonsense Martin Brundle grid walk/champagne spraying ones before it goes to your Codemasters guy aren't we? :unsure:

#15 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

I thought the grid walk was one of my better suggestions :(

Instead of having post qualy interviews and that loading pause between setup and actual race, the grid walk can bring it all together. Instead of 30 seconds in the garage it's on the grid talking to your engineer (setup), Martin (interview) or the flag girl (girl). The last option allowing you to build a reputation offtrack, which is supporting Codies' aim of 'living the life' of an F1 driver, as they have said in interviews.

#16 morcs

morcs
  • Supporters
  • 15193 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Ah I guess I read it as some sort of first person roam-around grid-walk, with stick microphone out button :)

#17 dayte

dayte
  • Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Nah it would be from the driver's perspective. And career only obviously.

#18 djbhammer

djbhammer
  • Members
  • 2900 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

We're cutting out the nonsense Martin Brundle grid walk/champagne spraying ones before it goes to your Codemasters guy aren't we? :unsure:

Champagne spraying was only a giggle! But on a serious note, there is no reason why they can't include the podium celeberation after a race. It was included in the F1 Championship Edition game on the PS3. It just adds to the F1 atomosphere in my view.

For me the number 1 new feature has to be the inclusion of the safety car. This has become such an important part of an F1 race when there are incidents and can change a race dramatically with pitting in, cars all bunched up, strategy etc.

#19 morcs

morcs
  • Supporters
  • 15193 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Plus when we tried (manually fudging) it in Forza to allow a restart after a big crash or a disconnect, it worked brilliantly and added some great tension at the restart!

#20 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 24069 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Should we make a thread like this for F1 2012 and hand it to T4RG4 / Helios?

#21 kiroquai

kiroquai
  • Members
  • 7166 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, I say go for it. I have a few suggestions :).

#22 Marmite

Marmite
  • Supporters
  • 3166 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

We could even m ake suggestions for another patch :hmm:

#23 sixbuttons

sixbuttons
  • Members
  • 2216 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

I have another one:

Prophetic...

#24 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 24069 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

I know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users