Vita

• Please log in to reply
27120 replies to this topic

#6391 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Army Corps of Hell was £20 in Asda. I know its on Zavvi for £15, but I had a £10 voucher left from xmas so it only set me back a tenner :)

#6392 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16198 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I have a shitload of PSN credit and no memory left to store any games. Fucking memory cards, I've ordered a 32GB. FUCK YOU SONY.

#6393 Dude Ranch

Dude Ranch
  • Members
  • 20275 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Is there a list of PSN ids somewhere so I can add people?

I have no competition for Motorstorm at all. :(

Add me, ConstantGardener.

#6394 Massive Invisible Dog

Massive Invisible Dog
  • Members
  • 16198 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the wifi connection dropping out a lot? It turns out the best thing about 3G is giving you a backup connection while it tries to sort itself out and reconnect.

#6395 Mike S

Mike S
  • Members
  • 2996 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the wifi connection dropping out a lot? It turns out the best thing about 3G is giving you a backup connection while it tries to sort itself out and reconnect.

It's a little shaky for me unless it's in the same room as the router.

#6396 ronin

ronin
  • Members
  • 2429 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

What was the last thread that had this much positivity in?

Resi 4?
Female Form?

Defense Force fatigue.

#6397 dreamylittledream

dreamylittledream
  • Members
  • 2547 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yes - it also seems to lose the connection when its asleep and needs to be forced to reconnect sometimes when you wake it.

#6398 Yiggy

Yiggy
  • Members
  • 12890 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hey. Gonna try and add some more of you later. Feel free to add me. A few questions...

1. It seems to cut the connection to PSN Network a lot. So when I fire up say Wipeout it goes to a connection screen and then back to wipeout again. Does it not just stay connected the whole time or is there a setting somewhere where you have to tell it to do this?

2. I am not quite sure how I should be using near. I fire it up and it tells me in a slightly unintuitive way who is around me and what they've been playing. Can I do anything with this info such as invite them to play a game or something? Also does it constantly update my position without me having to go into near all the time so other people can see me?

I picked up a padded case for it in game today which is okay if a little chunky. I think I might try and risk without a screen protector though. The ones I saw today cover the whole face which I don't really want anyway. Hopefully its pretty durable.

I resisted any more games though. I have Wipeout, Golf and RC and will try to make that last. Got the rest of the demos downloading to see what some of them are like. I think Rayman will be next on my list.

#6399 Stejay

Stejay
  • Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hmm. The 3G thing is a pain in the arse. I just want my free Wipeout, but having a nightmare trying to top up

Turn off wi-fi before attempting to top-up via the Vita by pressing on the Vodaphone logo in the Network Operator settings.

#6400 Vorgot

Vorgot
  • Members
  • 3142 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Turn off wi-fi before attempting to top-up via the Vita by pressing on the Vodaphone logo in the Network Operator settings.

Cheers, will try this shortly.......

#6401 Sabreman

Sabreman
  • Members
  • 18244 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

1. It seems to cut the connection to PSN Network a lot. So when I fire up say Wipeout it goes to a connection screen and then back to wipeout again. Does it not just stay connected the whole time or is there a setting somewhere where you have to tell it to do this?

2. I am not quite sure how I should be using near. I fire it up and it tells me in a slightly unintuitive way who is around me and what they've been playing. Can I do anything with this info such as invite them to play a game or something? Also does it constantly update my position without me having to go into near all the time so other people can see me?

1. It doesn't automatically stay connected to PSN, presumably in an attempt to conserve the battery. That's why it always prompts you to connect, or connects in-game whenever it needs to access the servers.

2. God knows.

#6402 Yiggy

Yiggy
  • Members
  • 12890 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

1. It doesn't automatically stay connected to PSN, presumably in an attempt to conserve the battery. That's why it always prompts you to connect, or connects in-game whenever it needs to access the servers.

2. God knows.

Ta. The 2nd one is less of a bother. Its just that Sony went on about it so much that I figured I might be doing something wrong. The whole connecting only when it requests it thing makes it a little less seamless is all. Though I guess if it means the batter lasts better then thats all good.

#6403 Garwoofoo

Garwoofoo
  • Members
  • 5354 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Does this mean it's pinging my entire PSN list with Connection/Disconnection messages twenty times an hour when I'm using my Vita?

#6404 Paulando

Paulando
  • Members
  • 20762 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm kind of sorry I went for the retail version of Wipeout as it's so Goddamn addictive I want it on all the time, just like Wipeout HD/Fury is happily living on my PS3's HDD.

I'm so glad most of my purchases have been downloads. I didn't intend to originally, but it's just how it worked out, and not having to swap around carts all the time is brilliant.

I'd still buy the retail release of something like Uncharted though, because I'll be selling it on when I'm done :D

#6405 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic
  • Members
  • 8425 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

I must get Motorstorm RC tonight! Fucking loving my Vita tbh. Not bad for an impulse purchase.

My PSN tag is HorribleHead

#6406 Paulando

Paulando
  • Members
  • 20762 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Oh aye, while I'm waiting for Starter Kits to come back in stock, I've been using my official PSP slipcase and it fits alright :D Just a little overhang, but otherwise really nice and snug.

#6407 geldra

geldra
  • Members
  • 5830 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

The sticks are great. Make sure to get Motorstorm RC, it's brilliant and only a fiver.

I'm finding the sticks so much more subtle than I thought they'd be after a couple of goes at the Vita Rooms.

#6408 Yiggy

Yiggy
  • Members
  • 12890 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm so glad most of my purchases have been downloads. I didn't intend to originally, but it's just how it worked out, and not having to swap around carts all the time is brilliant.

I'd still buy the retail release of something like Uncharted though, because I'll be selling it on when I'm done :D

I was unsure about how this would go but I think I will follow a similar thing to you. I have a go and all the purchases for that have obviously been digital. When I went to trade stuff in for my Vita I wished that I had a few of those games to trade as I knew I would never play them again. I think my decision for each one would be...

Retail - Games that you KNOW you are going to complete and would likely not play again hence trade them in. e.g. Uncharted, Rayman. These are A to B games as I call them. I generally only have one of these on the go at a time, hence being perfect to just stay in the slot.

Download - Games that you know you will want to fire up for a quick session without having to forage around for the cart. Everybodys golf, Lumines, Fifa etc. Also tend to be games that you are likely to have for a very long time and therefore wouldn't have much trade value when you ultimately get bored of them.

Add to this games when they become very cheap on downloads. If a game is sub £10 I generally won't every want to trade that in anyway. Its when games are £30+ that the above criteria would apply.

Its nice to have the choice.

#6409 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 2449 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

What was the last thread that had this much positivity in?

Resi 4?
Female Form?

I tried Resi 2 via remote play earlier - It was much better than I expected. The lag wasn't a problem at all :)

I'll bring it down a notch. My Vita is pretty broken. It was switched off for the first time, came back on and now it will randomly shut down and neither the power or PlayStation buttons work.

#6410 Yiggy

Yiggy
  • Members
  • 12890 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

All we need now is a RROD scare to blow everyones positivity out of the water.

My import Jap PSP1000 died after a few months.

My UK 3DS died (now fixed by Nintendo) after 5 months.

My original 360 went the way of the dodo after 13 months.

All 3 PS3's I have had have been fine though funnily enough.

I really hope the little niggles don't start appearing.

#6411 boxoctosis

boxoctosis
  • Members
  • 7938 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Anyone able to tell me if I can get Metal Slug Anthology and Metal Gear Acid 2 working on the Vita

Do I just d/l on the PS3 and transfer across? Would that work.

#6412 simms

simms
  • Supporters
  • 4927 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm loving the wealth of option available. How do you check to see how much room you have left on your mem card?

#6413 Epcotman

Epcotman
  • Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

The worst thing about Vita is it's so easy to lose your life to. Without disturbing the TV or other people, you pick up this lightweight, unobtrusive piece of kit and play PROPER games. I'm really in love with it.

#6414 Marco Salamanca

Marco Salamanca
  • Members
  • 13365 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'll have to agree with what others are saying. The console game digital distribution age is forthcoming and the Vita is the bridge to it. It's the first console I've owned where I'm undoubtedly looking to download the vast majority of games for it. I've bought games for my PS3 and 360 from PSN / XBL but they where minority purchases. This will not be the case with my Vita.

#6415 simms

simms
  • Supporters
  • 4927 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yep all my purchases will be downloads as i hardly trade games. It feels so right to just play straight from the vita.

#6416 SweatyTravolta

SweatyTravolta
  • Members
  • 2449 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

All we need now is a RROD scare to blow everyones positivity out of the water.

don't google 'Vita shut down' or 'blue light of death' then. This has rather ruined my evening, I had just downloaded Katamari on the PS3 and now I have nothing to play it on. If it is a hardware problem on these launch units then I am screwed as I've bought everything digital so no refunds if I want my money back on the system. Age of digital distribution doesn't look so great now

#6417 Vorgot

Vorgot
  • Members
  • 3142 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Looks like my Visa was trying to do some secure thingy and that caused it to break on my Vita. Topped up from the pc, eh viola, 1 hour later I got my wipeout code. Sweeet!

Now to actually play some games instead of fannying about

#6418 scottcr

scottcr
  • Members
  • 31587 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

The worst thing about Vita is it's so easy to lose your life to. Without disturbing the TV or other people, you pick up this lightweight, unobtrusive piece of kit and play PROPER games. I'm really in love with it.

There are proper games available on all handheld systems you know

#6419 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18174 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

All games are proper, but Vita games are more proper than others.

#6420 cassidy

cassidy
  • Members
  • 14573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Scott i think he has a point. DAT SCREEN and the controls and the games make handheld gaming a viable alternative to big screen gaming for the first time ever. Uncharted for example was just as immersive and visually impressive as most Console games. All without hogging the living room TV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vita

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users