• Please log in to reply
5511 replies to this topic

#1 Moz

Moz
  • Supporters
  • 35769 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

From VG247.

EA marketing VP Patrick Buechner has dropped a not-so-subtle hint that a BioWare game is to be revealed at the incoming VGAs.In response to a Geoff Keighley tweet about two exclusive announcements to be made regarding the event tomorrow, the exec replied, "Bioware fans pay attention". Mass Effect 3, or your money back.

Keep watching. Several publishers chose the VGAs for big budget reveals last year. The 2009 version saw full-blown announcements of Batman: Arkham City, Halo: Reach, True Crime, Medal of Honor and more.This year's VGAs take place on December 11.

Fingers crossed. I can't see a new IP what with TOR and DA2 already on the boil.

What are you guys hoping for from ME3?

#2 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11248 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

The Return of the King Mako.

And a really big, pissed off arachnid.

Oh, and a branching set of endings, in none of which Shep survives. S/he's got to die in an apocalyptic explosion and end up in the post-credits sequence as a statue on the Citadel, alongside some of the rest of the crew. But not Joker, because on the way to the apocalypse they're bound to find some tech that cures his illness, and within ten minutes of coming round from the op he'll simply run off. With EDI.

#3 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

Too soon, I wanted more ME2 DLC and maybe an Awakenings style expansion pack. :(

Anyway, I'd like for more exploring of planets and being able to land on certain planets after completing missions. As much as I loved ME2, it felt more like a linear shooter at times than an RPG where you're able to explore an entire galaxy.

No more recruit missions, a decent vehicle, more flotilla, no more Ashley or Kaiden.

And no more scanning. Scanning shouldn't be in anyway if the game takes into account the Shadow Broker DLC. Or if they have to put it in, make it optional and don't link upgrades to elements, etc.

#4 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

The Return of the King Mako.

And a really big, pissed off arachnid.

Oh, and a branching set of endings, in none of which Shep survives. SHE's got to die in an apocalyptic explosion and end up in the post-credits sequence as a statue on the Citadel, alongside some of the rest of the crew. But not Joker, because on the way to the apocalypse they're bound to find some tech that cures his illness, and within ten minutes of coming round from the op he'll simply run off. With EDI.

#5 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11248 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Edited for the sensitivities of deviants.

#6 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Male Shepard is the wrong Shepard, you know this in your soul.

#7 Corleth the Fey

Corleth the Fey
  • Members
  • 6010 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Too soon, I wanted more ME2 DLC and maybe an Awakenings style expansion pack. :(

Anyway, I'd like for more exploring of planets and being able to land on certain planets after completing missions. As much as I loved ME2, it felt more like a linear shooter at times than an RPG where you're able to explore an entire galaxy.

No more recruit missions, a decent vehicle, more flotilla, no more Ashley or Kaiden.

And no more scanning. Scanning shouldn't be in anyway if the game takes into account the Shadow Broker DLC. Or if they have to put it in, make it optional and don't link upgrades to elements, etc.

Too soon? Just cause they reveal don't mean it's gonna be out. It'll be 2012.

#8 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11248 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

Male Shepard is the wrong Shepard, you know this in your soul.

Most of my Sheps are Femsheps, but they just don't look... right. They all look almost identically spazzy (and yes, that includes yours).

Good voice acting though.

#9 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

Too soon? Just cause they reveal don't mean it's gonna be out. It'll be 2012.

You're absolutely right. It was a kneejerk reaction as I suddenly had memories of ME1 and how they went silent after one DLC pack and just moved onto ME2. Of course that hasn't happened here (yet), but it's been a while since Shadow Broker was released and there hasn't been any rumblings of new DLC coming this year.

I'm sure they are hard at work on some awesome DLC though. (at least I really hope they are)

:)

#10 Rudi von Starnberg

Rudi von Starnberg
  • Committee Member
  • 16009 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

I am itching to get more info on ME3. Tomorrow? God I hope so.

But can we put a lid on the male/female Shepard stuff? It's so tedious.

#11 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11248 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

I know it's only repeating a sentiment I've expressed before, but I'd rather they stopped the DLC and put all their resources and every ounce of possible effort into making ME3 the definitive Sci-Fi shooter RPG. Monolithic and genuinely awe-inspiring. Back to the dark drama of the first, but better in every way. Totally dramatically satisfying, completely emotionally exhausting.

No more side stories and whimsical fan service. Crush us with terror and awe please, Bioware.

#12 Corleth the Fey

Corleth the Fey
  • Members
  • 6010 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

I am itching to get more info on ME3. Tomorrow? God I hope so.

But can we put a lid on the male/female Shepard stuff? It's so tedious.

I doubt we'll get much info. If it's that shitty Video Game Awards - it'll be a 20 second CG prerender of the logo. God, last year that show was everything I hate about the world impinging on my beloved videogames. ;)

#13 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

You know what'd be hilarious? If they off handed the work on ME3 to Obsidian because of Old Republic. HI-LAREEOOOOOOS!

#14 waddie

waddie
  • Members
  • 2672 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Different BioWare, isn't it?

#15 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

Sssh, I'm trying to instil panic.

#16 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103917 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Icing -> Cake

#17 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103917 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

I know it's only repeating a sentiment I've expressed before, but I'd rather they stopped the DLC and put all their resources and every ounce of possible effort into making ME3 the definitive Sci-Fi shooter RPG. Monolithic and genuinely awe-inspiring. Back to the dark drama of the first, but better in every way. Totally dramatically satisfying, completely emotionally exhausting.

No more side stories and whimsical fan service. Crush us with terror and awe please, Bioware.

did anyone else read this in Mordins voice?

#18 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

I did just then.

#19 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11248 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

I always do that.

#20 revlob

revlob

Rllmuk President

• Tech Team
  • 11840 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

If it's not Mass Effect 3, I'm coming for you, Morrius.

#21 Moz

Moz
  • Supporters
  • 35769 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Personally I think it's shit that you can't make Shepherd a transgender cross dresser.

#22 Mallet

Mallet
  • Members
  • 3528 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

If it's not Mass Effect 3, I'm coming for you, Morrius.

Is he the bloke that keeps getting our hopes up about Half Life 3? ;)

#23 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

BURN HIM!

#24 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17028 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

I think it's shit that they fixed all his/her scarring from the first one.

PS:
Is it tomorrow yet?

#25 Pockets

Pockets
  • Members
  • 5679 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Why are people excited?

All they're going to say is "ME3 will be coming out at the end of 2011/start of 2012" which we knew already.

#26 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17340 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

You know what'd be hilarious? If they off handed the work on ME3 to Obsidian because of Old Republic. HI-LAREEOOOOOOS!

Why would that be hilarious? It would be the best news ever! Obsidian are the absolute masters of RPG game design, and if Bioware supplied the tech... oh my it would fucking amaze :wub:

Never gonna happen though :(

#27 Spacehost

Spacehost
  • Supporters
  • 28602 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Why are people excited?

All they're going to say is "ME3 will be coming out at the end of 2011/start of 2012" which we knew already.

Teaser trailer much?

#28 Sabreman

Sabreman
  • Members
  • 17871 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

Why would that be hilarious? It would be the best news ever! Obsidian are the absolute masters of RPG game design, and if Bioware supplied the tech... oh my it would fucking amaze :wub:

And when Obsidian are unable to provide us with an ending, they can just DLC it later on!

#29 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 17340 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

And when Obsidian are unable to provide us with an ending, they can just DLC it later on!

Tbh, after Bioware is done with the Mass Effect trilogy, I wouldn't mind a spin-ff game made by Obsidian set in the Mass Effect universe but with all new characters and stuff.

#30 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

The Obsidian games I've played I haven't enjoyed. New Vegas is a mess. True, it wasn't a particularly stable engine to begin with, but christ only knows what they've done it to make it worse.
Anyway, tomorrow!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG, 360, PS3, PC, Kinect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users