Comrade

The Alan Partridge Thread

1,044 posts in this topic

Sky Atlantic? As in the Sky channel which shows, pretty much exclusively, stuff from across the Atlantic? Whu?

I've just dumped Sky, too. Hurrah for the internet.

BBC Films confirmed at Cannes today that the Alan Partridge movie will shoot in the Autumn - Interesting that the character has moved to Sky but the Beeb are still producing the movie.

They also confirmed that Declan Lowney will start shooting the long-awaited Alan Partridge Movie, reuniting Steve Coogan and "Veep" creator/producer Armando Iannucci on their popular British television character, in the fall.

I thought they had already started filming the movie. I swear I saw some photos of Alan standing by a flower stall recently :huh:

I saw that too. It was speculated to be from the movie at the time, but presumably it will have been for one of the Sky specials.

Just a reminder that the one-hour special, Places of My Life, is on Sky Atlantic this Monday at 9pm.

oh god how exciting! The clip wasn't very good though. Anyway I'm off to stick a flap of Bounce in the washing machine to prepare.

Tonight!

...I don't have sky atlantic though. Sobs.

if you know anyone with a sky subscription (your fat mum maybe?) then you can get their user details and watch it on sky go.

Can this be rewatched with Sky Go?

I'm not at home whilst it's on, so it would be good to catch up later with it.

You should be able to. All the Sky UK commissioned programmes that have appeared on Sky Atlantic seem to be on Sky Go so I can't see why this would be any different.

Somebody just described Alan Partridge to me as "base humour", kind of like "Little Brittain". I wasn't pleased.

This is so so great. His piss-take of populist history stuff with the Norwich councillors was perfect, culminating in his nazi freak-out on the balcony. I love how he's made him so fragile and subtly fucked up.

ahahah 'yeah well they died. So I buried them.' This graveyard scene is absolute classic. So so many great bits.

Every time a new Partridge project is announced I get the horrible feeling that it won't be as good as previous series and every time I am proved to be wrong. This was excellent from start to finish and I look forward to next week's Open Books.

I was a bit worried about...

Alan's NHS appointment

but was genuinely pleased when...

it turned out to be an all-clear.

Man, they're quick these days; the episode was up on binsearch before midnight.

Really enjoyed that overall, it was a nice surprise as I didn't realise it was going to be on TV so soon.

"When people ask me about my relationship with broadcasting I give them a very simple answer; I say broadcasting doesn't define who I am, nor does it not define who I am. Nor does it define who I'm not.

...and that seems to satisfy them."

Coogan's delivery of lines like the above is absolutely perfect.

He's such an amazing actor, although I guess it's easier to act a character of your own creation than someone else's. However he is still so bloody good, the acting of the utter indignancy and arrogant inability to accept advice or information about the Range Rover was perfect - reminded me of the legendary scene at North Norfolk Digital when he's 'fairly conversant' or whatever it was about wine and wine words.

I loved the line about onions wearing orange fishnet stockings.