Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest revengeofpotty

Phantasy Star Online 2 - now coming to Vita!

282 posts in this topic

:lol: does every forum need to have at least one poster posting from seganewswire?

Could be an XBLA version of Phantasy Star Online Ver 2. I would buy it, if it had split-screen.

Well fuck me with a marrow and call me sprouty. I suppose if you throw enough shit about some of it is bound to stick.

I kind of hate that my first reaction to this is hoping that SEGA don't screw it up, but that can't override the fact that I can barely remember being more excited at the announcement of a new game. It's in the title, mainly. Phantasy Star Online 2 suggests more than 'Universe' ever did that this is a true sequel, and that must mean some continuation of structure and gameplay mechanics. There were several very particular things about the way PSO played that kept it fresh and fun for literally years among its evangelists here. Always hard to pin down, but it was just attractive in so many ways... visuals, music, atmosphere, group size, level length... on and on, and its all these things that need to be nailed perfectly for it to be anything other than a triumph.

Sure, the controls and combat could do with a little sprucing up but essentially PSO needs to be kept relatively simple, because it's exactly that which made it so easily addictive.

I'm not all that precious about many things, but PSO is one of them. This announcement puts hope in my heart.

Oh my. As someone who missed the boat with PSO and played far too much Universe I am excited.

Did it have to be a PC game? Halfway through the video I was really hoping for XBLA.

I hope they stick to the console-centric nature of PSO's gameplay.

While the PC is my only gaming platform even I couldn't help but be disappoint when the PC announcement was made right at the end.

I've no idea why :unsure:

Honestly, all I'd really want is the exact same gameplay mechanics with *lots* more levels, several C-Mode challenges, a super snazzy character creator ala APB's and less ridiculous drop rates on stuff (fuck you, I want a legit Lavis Cannon). I seriously could happily hit the shit out of the same 3 attack buttons for years as long as there were more than just 4 areas to do it in.

Of course, your milage may very well vary.

Time to put the band back together. To me, my mofos!

Honestly, all I'd really want is the exact same gameplay mechanics with *lots* more levels, several C-Mode challenges, a super snazzy character creator ala APB's and less ridiculous drop rates on stuff (fuck you, I want a legit Lavis Cannon). I seriously could happily hit the shit out of the same 3 attack buttons for years as long as there were more than just 4 areas to do it in.

Of course, your milage may very well vary.

Time to put the band back together. To me, my mofos!

The thing is they gave us a load more levels and you lot didn't like them, instead you wanted to hang out in the boring old Ruins.